Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I wonder what Jagr availability is he said he wants too play in canada

Regin 3rd for Jagr

Silfverberg Spezza Alfie
Michalek Turris Jagr
Greening Zibanejad Stone
JOB/Condra Smith Neil

I'd do it(even though it goes against the teams current philosophy)

A lineup of:

Michalek-Spezza-Jagr
Latendresse-Turris-Alfie
Silfverberg-Zibanejad-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil
Daug/Kassian/O'Brien/Stone

...would be insane going into the playoffs with( if we make it)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What do you guys think Murray offers up for Perry?

I think it depends. If they can come to a contractual agreement beforehand...it would be a heavy price. If not then it won't be.

I'm starting to wonder if he's worth pursuing anywhere but in free agency.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think it depends. If they can come to a contractual agreement beforehand...it would be a heavy price. If not then it won't be.

I'm starting to wonder if he's worth pursuing anywhere but in free agency.

Exactly, why give up tons for him, if he would come here let his agent know we will give him what Gets got & maybe more this summer. I'd rather pursue Fleischmann first or Versteeg second if the price was affordable. I would not give away any of our prized prospects but I would give away a number of players/picks that Ottawa may not need in future like Regins, Daugavins, Condra, Da Costa, Petersson, Claesson, Hoffman, Pageau, Prince or even maybe Puempel.

Murray needs to save some assets so that he can move up in the draft to go after Sean Monahan who is a playmaking centre to start preparing for the eventual replacement of Spezza.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This is pure speculation but I think Gardiner is trying to get himself traded to the Oilers to be with his butt buddy Schultz. #Lovewillprevail

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Mortgage our future, and we'll still have trouble scoring goals. No thanks.

Sign Perry. Bud

Michalek-Spezza-Perry
Silf-Giroux-Simmonds
Zibby-Smith-Alfie
Greening/Condra-OB-Neil

Yeah, they wouldnt score...

Still have
Cowen
Bishop
Silf
Zibby
Noesen
Weircoch
DaCosta
Prince
Pageau as youth...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To Edmonton: Bishop G
To Ottawa: Petry RD - fills in until Ceci is NHL ready

To Florida: Puempel LW, Condra RW, Da Costa C or Regin C/LW or Claesson LD
To Ottawa: Fleischmann LW - (re-signs for three yrs)

Fleischmann - Spezza - Michalek
Silfverberg - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Zibanejad - Stone
Z. Smith - JOB - Neil ... Kassian

Against tougher teams .... waive Benoit & Daugavins back to Bingo

Methot - Gonchar
Wiercioch - Petry
Phillips - Gryba/Boroweicki

Anderson - Lehner

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Sign Perry. Bud

Michalek-Spezza-Perry
Silf-Giroux-Simmonds
Zibby-Smith-Alfie
Greening/Condra-OB-Neil

Yeah, they wouldnt score...

So the solution to address the goal scoring problem is to make a blockbuster trade and sign the most coveted UFA (if he gets there). This GM thing is easy!

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

we'd still have trouble scoring goals getting a first line center and a second line winger? is that really mortgaging our future? i don't think so. i also don't think that philly would accept that deal though, and we'd have to add more. at the end of the day, it could end up costing us a lot, but we acquire two young pieces.

So the solution to address the goal scoring problem is to make a blockbuster trade and sign the most coveted UFA (if he gets there). This GM thing is easy!

so you're saying that the trade you just dissed will put us one piece away from solving our offensive problems? is this slightly contradictory to your previous post?

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
so you're saying that the trade you just dissed will put us one piece away from solving our offensive problems? is this slightly contradictory to your previous post?

I said the initial trade wouldn't solve our goal scoring problem, I never said it wouldn't put us one piece away. We're one Corey Perry away from solving our goal scoring problem anyway, as most teams are.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Why do people think you have to make block buster trades to build?

We did quite fine building through the draft, don't forget how we got Hossa, Havlat, Fisher, Neil, Volchenkov, Alfie etc.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
we'd still have trouble scoring goals getting a first line center and a second line winger? is that really mortgaging our future? i don't think so. i also don't think that philly would accept that deal though, and we'd have to add more. at the end of the day, it could end up costing us a lot, but we acquire two young pieces.

Not sure why the Flyers would even engage in a conversation about Giroux and IF they did the only name they would want to hear to continue the discussion is Spezza.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

flyers would never do this.
how on earth would we have trouble scoring????
weve taken one rarely scoring body off the roster and added a top 5 center in the nhl along with with big fast physical 2 line scoring winger??
giving up our youth??
how old is giroux how old is wayne s?

sure ottawa is giving up a lot but the reality is that we are giving up nothing that affects our roster
and dramatically and massively improving it.and we still have huge reserves of youth (to go along with the youth we just aquired)

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
To Edmonton: Bishop G
To Ottawa: Petry RD - fills in until Ceci is NHL ready

To Florida: Puempel LW, Condra RW, Da Costa C or Regin C/LW or Claesson LD
To Ottawa: Fleischmann LW - (re-signs for three yrs)

Fleischmann - Spezza - Michalek
Silfverberg - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Zibanejad - Stone
Z. Smith - JOB - Neil ... Kassian

Against tougher teams .... waive Benoit & Daugavins back to Bingo

Methot - Gonchar
Wiercioch - Petry
Phillips - Gryba/Boroweicki

Anderson - Lehner

IMO too much for Fleischmann.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Turris
Ceci
Lehner
Peumpel
1st

For
Simmonds
Giroux

Giroux has one more year left at $3.75M and then is an RFA.
Simmonds is signed to a sweetheart deal of $3.95M through 2019.

Kill our cap situation and blow our budget going forward? Not really.

A deal like this would make the Sens an instant contender in the East for quite a few years. Giroux is a ridiculously huge upgrade over Turris and he and Spezza can be #1A and #1B Centres for the next 5-7 years...then Giroux would be the clear cut #1C. You loose Lehner, but have the Anderson/Bishop tandem going forward. Pretty solid. Ceci and Puempel? Who knows how they'll turn out as of right now. Both are former 1st rounders, but neither has completely dominated the OHL or the World Juniors, so are they absolute blue chippers?

Would Philly make this deal? Doubtful since they made Giroux their Captain and seem to love him. They're in serious cap trouble though...so who knows. I'd even add to that deal if necessary and if pressed swap out Puempel for ZBad.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Its unrealistic... And Philly would probably hang up immediately... BUT its Philly.. They do strange things

I cant believe there is a Sens fan that wouldnt do it...

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Its unrealistic... And Philly would probably hang up immediately... BUT its Philly.. They do strange things

I cant believe there is a Sens fan that wouldnt do it...

I take back what I said. Giroux is by far the best piece in that trade so you'd have to do it. While we're dreaming, how about the same package for Malkin instead? I want goals!

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
I take back what I said. Giroux is by far the best piece in that trade so you'd have to do it. While we're dreaming, how about the same package for Malkin instead? I want goals!

Pittsburgh isnt in nearly the same sort of cap trouble as Philly. And they have Fleury who will someday soon turn his game around. Lehner would be the key piece for Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad