Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Gardiner were available, and he isn't, he wouldn't be coming here.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Gardiner anyone??? #freeJake

This made me lol.

I think he'd cost to much.

I'd love to get Simmonds though :0 Guys a beast on an underperforming team. Knowing Philly they'd have no problem trading any one but my guess is they'd want Cowen or Methot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
This made me lol.

I think he'd cost to much.

I'd love to get Simmonds though :0 Guys a beast on an underperforming team. Knowing Philly they'd have no problem trading any one but my guess is they'd want Cowen or Methot.

If we could somehow convince them to take one of Gryba, Borowiecki or Wierchioch in a package for Simmonds instead of one of our big 3 (currently Cowen, Methot, Karlsson) I would try to pull the trigger on that deal.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
If we could somehow convince them to take one of Gryba, Borowiecki or Wierchioch in a package for Simmonds instead of one of our big 3 (currently Cowen, Methot, Karlsson) I would try to pull the trigger on that deal.

The only way I can see this happening is if we're adding a 1st to that package. In a deep draft class, do we really want to do that?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The only way I can see this happening is if we're adding a 1st to that package. In a deep draft class, do we really want to do that?

I would absolutely do a 1st and Wierchioch/Gryba/Borowiecki for Simmonds. The chances of our 1st this year becoming the player that Simmonds is are slim.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

Yeah that would be sweet but I doubt they'd want a package :(

Id offer something around Ceci if gardiner was available though.

I really like Ceci but gardiner is more proven.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I would absolutely do a 1st and Wierchioch/Gryba/Borowiecki for Simmonds. The chances of our 1st this year becoming the player that Simmonds is are slim.

Heck yes, sign me up.

Love Simmonds: any time you can get a rough & tumble player like that with the offensive upside he has, you do that all day long.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Ben Eager on Waivers, too bad Murray didn't wait one day (although I know nothing of Kassian).

Eager has become useless. The guy could not even stick with one of the worst teams in the league. People complain about Zack Smith's penalties, so just imagine the hate Eager would get.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ben Eager on Waivers, too bad Murray didn't wait one day (although I know nothing of Kassian).

It doesn't matter. Murray could have gotten Kassian off waivers too. I believe that the reason there was a trade was the possibility of sending Kassian down unless I'm not understanding the rules correctly.

Yeah that would be sweet but I doubt they'd want a package :(

Id offer something around Ceci if gardiner was available though.

I really like Ceci but gardiner is more proven.

I like Ceci's upside more than Gardiner's. Plus Ceci is homegrown and has always been a Sens fan. I like having guys like that in the organization.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

My understanding is that a player on waivers can be picked up by teams in reverse order from their overall standings. That means if he went on waivers, and a team with less points than Ottawa wanted him, we would have been out of luck. The 6th round pick ensured that did not happen.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Rostislav Olesz on waivers today.

Any untapped potential there, or is he just a flat out bust.

I imagine he's going to pass waivers at >$3M until 2014.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Exactly why I've been the biggest advocate in regards to doing anything to get Perry on this team.

He is exactly what we need, the missing piece of a Stanley Cup contending team. Well, the primary piece, the others are much easier to acquire and possible during deadline day.

Pierre Maguire was asked if he believes the Sens will make a play for Perry and his answer was yes. I believe he mentioned part of the group that scouted Perry before he was drafted were at the Ducks game recently scouting. I was brushing my teeth at this point so I cannot confirm that is exactly what PM said.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
It doesn't matter. Murray could have gotten Kassian off waivers too. I believe that the reason there was a trade was the possibility of sending Kassian down unless I'm not understanding the rules correctly.

I like Ceci's upside more than Gardiner's. Plus Ceci is homegrown and has always been a Sens fan. I like having guys like that in the organization.

I know what your saying I really like Ceci but this kid might not ever even be as good as Gryba or could be a really good puck moving D with some offense playing mid pairing for the nect 15 years or anywhere in between. I mean we know Gardiner can play in the NHL abd he has pretty good skills too that's we're the value is for me.

But I think Ceci is a right D and Gardiner I think is a left.

Would never happen though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pierre Maguire was asked if he believes the Sens will make a play for Perry and his answer was yes. I believe he mentioned part of the group that scouted Perry before he was drafted were at the Ducks game recently scouting. I was brushing my teeth at this point so I cannot confirm that is exactly what PM said.

He just said that Murray's drafting team was the one that drafted Perry in the first place and he thinks that Ottawa would make a play for Perry in a trade situation. Nothing more really than his opinion.

I know what your saying I really like Ceci but this kid might not ever even be as good as Gryba or could be a really good puck moving D with some offense playing mid pairing for the nect 15 years or anywhere in between. I mean we know Gardiner can play in the NHL abd he has pretty good skills too that's we're the value is for me.

But I think Ceci is a right D and Gardiner I think is a left.

Would never happen though.

Sure...but Gardiner is still a prospect too. He's far from an NHL regular and for whatever reason Toronto isn't playing him right now. On top of which we have too many LDs already. I think that Ceci is probably already as good (though different) as Gryba, but he needed this season to develop (plus with the shortened season it just wasn't a good idea for Ceci). Watching Ceci play in Owen Sound and earlier in the season in Ottawa is/was pretty cool. He's going to be a good player and IMO is a very safe bet to be a top 4 defenceman.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
I wonder what Jagr availability is he said he wants too play in canada

Regin 3rd for Jagr

Silfverberg Spezza Alfie
Michalek Turris Jagr
Greening Zibanejad Stone
JOB/Condra Smith Neil

Last edited:

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
If Wayne Simmonds is somehow available, I'd be more than willing to sell some (ALOT!) of our future for him. And then you sign Corey Perry and you become incredibly tough, hard to play against all the while pretty being damn skilled and quick. One can dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad