Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I like Streit as a stopgap PP guy while we wait for Ceci, but Corvo will also be available this summer, no? Cheaper, and he's a right-handed shot. Streit is better, but Corvo may be more available. Maybe MacLean can get the best out of him.

No thank you. For one, he wouldn't want to come back, but more importantly we don't want him back. Let him beat up waitresses elsewhere, we've had enough Uh Oh Joe for a lifetime.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Streit would definitely be a good fit, but as already mentioned it'll take an overpayment to get him as a UFA. But if the price is anywhere in Gonchar territory then may as well go after the guy.

And to the people (from the previous thread) who still want JayBo, someone a few weeks ago very accurately described him as Kuba 2.0, and we all know how much love Kuba got around here.
Jay Bouwmeester is mobile. Kuba is not. Therein lies the distinction.

Marc Methot brought added mobility to complement Karlsson's game and it took off to the next level. It makes a difference when a defenseman can skate the puck out of harms way, especially with our style of play, and Bouwmeester is able to do that.

Not an accurate comparison at all.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Marc Methot brought added mobility to complement Karlsson's game and it took off to the next level. It makes a difference when a defenseman can skate the puck out of harms way, especially with our style of play, and Bouwmeester is able to do that.

This why I want Campbell.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012

No, a large 2 way defenseman who doesn't utilize his size is a good comparison. The JayBo - Methot comparison is pretty bad though.

And I love Methot, especially for his strength and mobility, as well as being able to skate the puck out. It simply doesn't work to suggest that if you like Methot you have to like Bouwmeester, and certainly not for the price it would take to get him.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
if you loved kuba so much, i'm pretty sure floreda is willing to offload him for nothing.

At this point, they'd probably toss in a draft pick if someone were to take him off their hands.

He's been deplorable in Florida this year. Not that the rest of that team has been much better, mind you, but he's probably playing the worst hockey of his career right now.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
At this point, they'd probably toss in a draft pick if someone were to take him off their hands.

He's been deplorable in Florida this year. Not that the rest of that team has been much better, mind you, but he's probably playing the worst hockey of his career right now.

yeah i know. i was being facetious. i'm glad we didn't re-sign him. i remember having disagreements last year with posters who wanted to re-sign him. methot is ten time better even if he doesn't put up the same amount of points.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hum...not that I think that Phoenix is looking to move OEL, or that they would...but since rumours are slow and nothing is imminent...

Lehner + Zibanejad + 1st 2013 for Oliver Ekman-Larsson?

OEL - Karlsson first pairing :O

george8it

Jul 19, 2012
Great D for next year though? Karlsson, Methot, Gryba, Phillips, Cowen, and Wiercioch.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Hum...not that I think that Phoenix is looking to move OEL, or that they would...but since rumours are slow and nothing is imminent...

I love OEL, but I think that's too much. It's Lehner or Zibanejad.

Zibanejad + Stone + 1st + Wiercioch/Gryba (roster player)

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
I love OEL, but I think that's too much. It's Lehner or Zibanejad.

Zibanejad + Stone + 1st + Wiercioch/Gryba (roster player)

OEL is important to phoenix as karlsson is to ottawa, OEL is very good and while he may not control the game as well as karlsson, he will be a norris challenger for sure so no way phoenix trades him for anything.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
better off trying to get Yandle, JBO or Campbell.
OEL isnt going anywhere.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I loved Kuba so JayBo would be great ;)

I'm glad at least some people appreciated him. I made that comparison and people jumped on me like it was a harsh criticism of JayBo, but my point was that they both take a lot of flak from fans. The same people who were all over Kuba would be all over JayBo, especially when we would have to pay out the wazoo to get him. The wazoo, I tells ya!

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012

I know this will never happen, but I just want to say that I think OEL would be kind of wasted on a pairing with EK. Better to split them up with Cowen & Methot and have 2 fearsome pairings, no?

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Also, with Jaybo we can safely miss the playoffs every year he plays for us. That's a positive, right?

:laugh: Yeah, there's something to be said of the curse. I don't want it on our shoulders to be the team who may save him from that. Unless we really want to be in on the Seth Jones sweepstakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad