Sportsnet: Trade Rumours and Free Agent Talk: Tavares and JVR mentioned

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Highly doubt the Leafs move JVR. He goes beast mode in the playoffs.

I wouldn't mind if they moved him though because if Marner is staying with Kadri then the Bozak/JVR line is a write off. Putting Leivo/Kapanen with Bozak and Brown wouldn't be a terrible downgrade.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I don't think Tavares was mentioned in the video I just watched.

Sorry. When I copy and paste it shows a video. Maybe I need to link and disable the video (somehow). On the Sportsnet desktop site it mentions the top 12 UFAs and the rumours surrounding them.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If the leafs wanted to get something for JVR they should have traded him before the season. If they trade him now it looks like they don't care about the playoffs(unless they get an equal value UFA back).

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I just feel like 1 of the 3 (JVR, Bozak, and Komarov) are going to be moved.

Most likely is JVR. He will give TOR the best return. There could actually be a bidding war for him. He can score, he's cap friendly, and a UFA.

Bozak is possible. He's lost a step for sure, but he's still a depth C for a team that wants to make a run. He can win faceoffs and has some ability around the net.

Longest shot is Komarov. I know that Leaf fans no longer call him "Uncle Leo", but TOR will need him on the PK for the stretch drive and the playoffs.

In terms of what TOR has and what they are lacking JVR is the most redundant. I like JVR, but really feel like TOR could move him.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Most likely is JVR. He will give TOR the best return. There could actually be a bidding war for him. He can score, he's cap friendly, and a UFA.

The main problem with Left Wings is if the Leafs want to trade him you would have to get in a sellers war with Evander Kane and (maybe) Max Pacioretty(who might be more desirable due to having an extra year on his contract)

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
The main problem with Left Wings is if the Leafs want to trade him you would have to get in a sellers war with Evander Kane and (maybe) Max Pacioretty(who might be more desirable due to having an extra year on his contract)

Max Pacioretty is more desireable because he's twice the player JVR is

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

Do you think the leafs asking price is higher than the alleged asking for Kane? The asking for Patches has to be a lot too (since you mentioned his extra year). Moving the captain of the Habs has to come with many balls being juggled in the air no?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I just feel like 1 of the 3 (JVR, Bozak, and Komarov) are going to be moved.

Bozak is possible. He's lost a step for sure, but he's still a depth C for a team that wants to make a run. He can win faceoffs and has some ability around the net.

Longest shot is Komarov. I know that Leaf fans no longer call him "Uncle Leo", but TOR will need him on the PK for the stretch drive and the playoffs.

In terms of what TOR has and what they are lacking JVR is the most redundant. I like JVR, but really feel like TOR could move him.

I can see Bozak being the one to move because he's the least likely to be resigned and at the trade deadline, offensive 2Cs with good FO abilities almost always return an overpayment.
In a perfect world, the Leafs would deal Bozak to someone looking for a 2C and then the Leafs could use some of the assets from him to trade for a defensive 3C.

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
JVR - Kadri - Marner
Marleau - 3C - Brown
Kapanen - Moore - Komarov

I wouldn't be mad at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad