Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part IV: Yak Yak Yak Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
What are people realistically expecting for del Zotto? We're not getting a 22 year old who has scored 40 goals. Get someone who has yet to break out but is just on the brink.

Last edited by a moderator:

Punxrocknyc19*

Lirl.

What are people realistically expecting for del Zotto? We're not getting a 22 year old who has scored 40 goals. Get someone who has yet to break out but is just on the brink.

i wont be shocked if its Hemsky for Del Zotto and Pouliot

Blueblood 2

Jul 7, 2006
I think there's a solid proposal on the table and leaking this information is managements way of setting the deadline. Just a ploy to extract more value, either from the team that has the best offer or the other team(s) in the running.

Excellent point and I thought the same thing. What's more, I think one of the targets is still Yakupov and more than MDZ and he are in that proposal. MacT needs to crap or get off the pot because MDZ is wanted elsewhere.

BarbaraAlphanse

Pls no.

I'm not expecting Sather to get bent over in a trade, but I wouldn't be shocked with a stoopid deal like that.

I don't think he'll get bent over. Whoever we get will have more value to us than we send to them.

Hemsky could look better playing on a contending team than he does in that sink hole.

That being said I don't want him in the slightest. Want someone for the future. Hemsky isn't part of the future. He may not even be part of the present if he gets injured, which is a high likelihood in and of itself.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
lol how could ppl think wed trade del zotto for hemsky. hemsky is a soft injury prone RW that will be a UFA and he doesnt even score much these days.

BarbaraAlphanse

Idk because I made it up.

Haha this guy.

You're using hyperbole to try and persuade someone that acquiring a player is a bad idea? I guess this is HF. If you're just going to exaggerate why even reply? Shows you haven't seen much of Kane because the argument could be made he isn't shooting enough. But he's selfish and all that because he took a picture of himself with stacks of cash?

Ahhh this guy!

It's a bad idea. He'll be as successful for us as Nash is. Bunch of shots that don't end up in the net. A lot of dazzle, not enough production.

Never said anything about any pictures of stacks of cash. He's selfish on the ice. Nash is selfish on the ice. AV's whole system is derived on puck movement.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I don't think he'll get bent over. Whoever we get will have more value to us than we send to them.

Hemsky could look better playing on a contending team than he does in that sink hole.

That being said I don't want him in the slightest. Want someone for the future. Hemsky isn't part of the future. He may not even be part of the present if he gets injured, which is a high likelihood in and of itself.

I'd love to know how Hemsky would have more value to the Rangers than Del Zotto.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'd love to know how Hemsky would have more value to the Rangers than Del Zotto.

We don't have balanced lines. Whoever fills in for MDZ will likely have the same effect on the team. Healthy Hemsky gives AV more options when Nash comes back. Boyle, Dorsett, and Pyatt kind of kill our 3rd line if they're on it.

Again, i'm not in favor for Hemsky, i'm simply playing Devil's advocate. I can see it being the trade, unfortunately.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
If we trade DZ, I hope Sather makes it a stipulation that the other team must take Pyatt as well ..just to get him away from his biggest fan AV.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
i wish we were able to get verteeg for that price 2.2AAV on the cap.. id take that in a sec..i dont get why a GM doesnt go after these types of deals.. then these BS tweeners in pyatt and pouliot..

but after seeing how MDZis scratched saturday, looks like hes all but certain to be traded by the deadline..

Kreider-Stepan-MZA
Nash-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Brass-Verteeg
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

Mash

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
We don't have balanced lines. Whoever fills in for MDZ will likely have the same effect on the team. Healthy Hemsky gives AV more options when Nash comes back. Boyle, Dorsett, and Pyatt kind of kill our 3rd line if they're on it.

Again, i'm not in favor for Hemsky, i'm simply playing Devil's advocate. I can see it being the trade, unfortunately.

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Nash-Brassard-Pouliot/Miller
Boyle-Moore-Boyle

Where exactly is there a need for option? Giving up Del Zotto just to replace five months of Pouliot with five five months Hemsky for five months of is not adding value to this team.

I'm down on Del Zotto but he's still on pace for 20 points. I don't see Faulk having the same effect.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Ahhh this guy!

It's a bad idea. He'll be as successful for us as Nash is. Bunch of shots that don't end up in the net. A lot of dazzle, not enough production.

Never said anything about any pictures of stacks of cash. He's selfish on the ice. Nash is selfish on the ice. AV's whole system is derived on puck movement.

.95 ppg is definitely not enough production! You've wowed me once again.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Carolinas Faulk would be perfect but they wont move him for DZ.............I don't think anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

What exactly are you basing that on? What in Sather's history as GM of the Rangers leads you to believe that a trade like that would be a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad