Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part IV: Yak Yak Yak Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
id love Chiasson but i doubt they would move him...

i also would not mind Brenden Dillon although another LH defenseman.

one of the following that must be included in the Del Zotto trade if he goes to the Stars is Radek Faksa... big fan of him... Brett Richie, Jamie Oleksiak

How the hell does Dallas continue to find these big power forwards? Benn, Fraser, Chiasson and yet the Rangers can't seem to do that ever....

Punxrocknyc19*

How the hell does Dallas continue to find these big power forwards? Benn, Fraser, Chiasson and yet the Rangers can't seem to do that ever....

i guess Rangers management gave up on power forwards after drafting Hugh Jessiman.. people say its hard to find these players. i can name 15 teams with 2 types of this in their organizations.. Jamie Benn was a 5th round pick. good scouting by the Stars....

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Agreed.

Our bottom 6 is so bad, and has been for a while, that people seem just pre-disposed to the status quo.

Have they not noticed Ryan Carter, Shawn Thornton, and Danny Paille roasting us in recent games? A good team has good forwards 1-12, we could use help everywhere.

I don't think anyone is arguing that. The point is, why trade a 23 year old 40 point d-man who can be effective in the top-4 on the left side for a 27 year old overpaid 25-30 point winger with size? Not a good deal.

Yeah, if we're looking strictly at this year's production, he's been bad. Del Zotto has 4 points in 16 games, so what should we expect?

For the forward to have more points/game at the very least?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't think anyone is arguing that. The point is, why trade a 23 year old 40 point d-man who can be effective in the top-4 on the left side for a 27 year old overpaid 25-30 point winger with size? Not a good deal.
Where are these numbers coming from? In Greening's 2 NHL seasons before this one, he's scored at a 37 and 33 point pace for a 82 game season.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

New draft strategy: Figure out which powerforward Dallas is taking in the 2nd round, and take them with our first pick. Ritchie, Neal, Chiasson, Eriksson (not a PWF, but still), and even Elie who they took this past year is looking like he took a giant leap forward offensively. They've done really well in the 2nd round.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
New draft strategy: Figure out which powerforward Dallas is taking in the 2nd round, and take them with our first pick. Ritchie, Neal, Chiasson, Eriksson (not a PWF, but still), and even Elie who they took this past year is looking like he took a giant leap forward offensively. They've done really well in the 2nd round.
I like the espionage angle. Think there might be a miniseries here.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Whoops. I didn't realize he was extended beyond this year, but I think he's better offensively than Boyle.

Forget about Greening.

If Ottawa is who I am trading with Del Zotto and filler for Smith, Conacher and Puempel.

Under the assumption that Zibanejad, Lazar and Ceci are not available.

No Michalek, it would be the same as getting Clowe. No Greening whose contract is awful. No Gryba who would push the Rangers D like McIlrath and Allen further down the depth chart, (a trade like this give you more depth that you can find a d-man if you have to later on). Get some depth assets and if Puempel pans out, there is a legit finisher in there.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Whoops. I didn't realize he was extended beyond this year, but I think he's better offensively than Boyle.

I agree, he is better than Boyle. More mobile, but is he worth MDZ?

Where are these numbers coming from? In Greening's 2 NHL seasons before this one, he's scored at a 37 and 33 point pace for a 82 game season.

3 points in 21 games this year. 37 points came when he was playing with Spezza on his wing.

I 100% agree. Whoever is drafting their power forwards and whoever is drafting our small speedsters need to get together to make an ultimate team

I like the espionage angle. Think there might be a miniseries here.

Easily.

Forget about Greening.

If Ottawa is who I am trading with Del Zotto and filler for Smith, Conacher and Puempel.

No Michalek, it would be the same as getting Clowe. No Greening whose contract is awful. No Gryba who would push the Rangers D like McIlrath and Allen further down the depth chart, (a trade like this give you more depth that you can find a d-man if you have to later on). Get some depth assets and if Puempel pans out, there is a legit finisher in there.

Not a fan of Conacher or Puempel and Smith, while a good bottom-6 player, isn't the main piece I would want back.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Agreed.

Our bottom 6 is so bad, and has been for a while, that people seem just pre-disposed to the status quo.

Have they not noticed Ryan Carter, Shawn Thornton, and Danny Paille roasting us in recent games? A good team has good forwards 1-12, we could use help everywhere.

Our bottom is 6 is the best it's been in years. Pouliot sucks. Well Brassard is inconsistent as **** but he's a good, (not great) 3rd line center. He had a lot of jump yesterday. The guy is inconsistent, but how many 3rd line centers have playoffs like Brassard had last year? One of Cally, Hags, or Zucc will play on the 3rd line with Nash in the lineup, seems fine to me. Boyle-Moore-Dorsett are all in proper 4th line roles. This is the first time since I've been watching that all 3 players on our 4th lines should be in the NHL. I'm sure most NHL teams don't have that. We have a lot of good players on offense, one (maybe) great player and I think that's the problem. Not our bottom 6 sucking. Oh and Ryan Carter got a soft goal and a puck off his skate, he didn't roast anyone. Thornton's goal was the D's fault. Not sure about Paille.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Sens fan here, do you think Cowen for MDZ+ would make sense from your end? Cowen's a good young player, we're just relying on him to be a number 3 and he's not ready for it yet.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
On MacDermid:

"He's not bad at all. He can skate, hit, fight, and has some skill. He'd be a good waiver claim for a team that could use a boost on their 4th line."

The Rangers need another truculent player on their 4th line at LW. MacDermid can come in and help with that for a low cap hit. RFA at years end @ $660k

He would be a good claim, IMO.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sens fan here, do you think Cowen for MDZ+ would make sense from your end? Cowen's a good young player, we're just relying on him to be a number 3 and he's not ready for it yet.

Well if he's not a 3, then why are the Rangers adding? MDZ is a solid top 4 player when playing on his correct side.

Championship*

Makes negative sense for the Rangers

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Forget about Greening.

You'd be insane to do any deal with Ottawa where you aren't getting at least one of Zibanejad, Ceci, or Lazar in return (assuming Turris and Ryan are off the table).

Gryba isn't pushing anyone down the depth chart. Puempel is 3 years away from the NHL at best.

I agree, he is better than Boyle. More mobile, but is he worth MDZ?

By himself? Not even close, but if he was part of a package deal, I wouldn't be opposed to him ending up in NY.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
On MacDermid:

"He's not bad at all. He can skate, hit, fight, and has some skill. He'd be a good waiver claim for a team that could use a boost on their 4th line."

The Rangers need another truculent player on their 4th line at LW. MacDermid can come in and help with that for a low cap hit. RFA at years end @ $660k

He would be a good claim, IMO.

I wouldn't be disappointed by it, but I have a hard time seeing him as anymore than a depth guy. Not a regular 4th liner.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

We already have an established 2nd pair LH, shutdown defender. Makes no sense to trade Del Zotto for a guy who, in his best case, ends up as a player we already have. Let alone add to the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad