Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread | McLeod, You Wanna Get Nuts? Let's Get Nuts!

Who Do We Sign After McLeod and Bouchard Are Extended?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
You overestimate Bouchard's abilities and character. Several players currently on the Oilers roster could be upgraded upon. The Oilers need to make trades. We don't have what it takes to win a championship in house.

For instance what could the Oilers get for a package of Kulak, a first rounder and Lavoie? The first rounder coming via a Bouchard trade. Then another trad involving our own first rounder plus McLeod and Bourgault. Then another trade involving players and prospects and a couple of second rounders. One of those second rounders also picked up in a Bouchard trade.

The team starts to look really good. Then we close in on the Stanley Cup.

No, he was a typical Oilers draft selection, bobby boy.

Character - please provide me examples of his negative character

Second - It's great that you can say we can trade all of these assets for some better players. If we are only shipping out players like Kulak and Mcleod along with picks and prospects to get better NHL roster players - where are we fitting said players in under the cap?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Where did I say Bouchard sucks? I would like to trade Bouchard because I believe he has high trade value and you could get an excellent return. I've stated many times what I would expect as a return for Bouchard.

If I believed Bouchard sucked, as your violent daydream cartoon depicts, how could I expect to get an excellent return for the player?

Bouchard has many valuable hockey skills. But he's slow and bad at defense. These qualities are important for a defenseman.

I'm glad your pro gun but promoting cold blooded murder against the innocent is bad and an example of negative character.
You've said this before and I've consistently responded by telling you that the return for him would be considerably less than the cost of replacing him with a similar player.

This is a market where Jeff Petry had no value at less than $3m. Bouchard is a defenseman with warts who puts up a ton of points playing behind two of the league's best players.

Bouchard holds significantly more value in Edmonton than he would on the market. Regardless of what you think of his game.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
You overestimate Bouchard's abilities and character. Several players currently on the Oilers roster could be upgraded upon. The Oilers need to make trades. We don't have what it takes to win a championship in house.

For instance what could the Oilers get for a package of Kulak, a first rounder and Lavoie? The first rounder coming via a Bouchard trade. Then another trad involving our own first rounder plus McLeod and Bourgault. Then another trade involving players and prospects and a couple of second rounders. One of those second rounders also picked up in a Bouchard trade.

The team starts to look really good. Then we close in on the Stanley Cup.

No, he was a typical Oilers draft selection, bobby boy.

You have no inside knowledge of Bouchards character.

We’ve needed a home grown right handed shot for literal decades and your solution is to jettison him because he lacks character or some other Broberg Speed Bullshit.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Unless Bouchard gets a massive offer sheet you don't trade him or take futures. I have no idea why anyone would want him gone. I hated the idea when we had Barrie, now it's even worse.
Trading Bouch make no sense. Perhaps we should focus on what we can do.
He has a defined role on this team. His defense should improve especially with a full year of Ekholm.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
Unless Bouchard gets a massive offer sheet you don't trade him or take futures. I have no idea why anyone would want him gone. I hated the idea when we had Barrie, now it's even worse.
Can't trade a player that's signed an offer sheet, while I agree that trading him is a bad idea, of you get a tip off he's contemplating signing an offer sheet, you need to now weigh the return of said OS vs the return of a trade

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I'm not a "we should have got every guy that's been traded/waived" guy, but wouldn't Lyubushkin have been a clear upgrade to Ceci on Nurse's pairing? I remember he was putting up elite defensive numbers in Arizona. If we could have moved out Ceci and added Lyu we also could have gained another half million for Bouchard/UFA depth

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Biggest hunch I've ever had: the Oilers will sign both Kane and Toews to league minimum deals with bonuses at the 40 game mark of the season.
Apparently Jim Parsons of The Hockey Writers reads HF and agrees with my big hunch! (I am not Jim Parsons) He doesn't agree with the both league minimums with bonuses, but otherwise he's on board!

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
You've said this before and I've consistently responded by telling you that the return for him would be considerably less than the cost of replacing him with a similar player.

This is a market where Jeff Petry had no value at less than $3m. Bouchard is a defenseman with warts who puts up a ton of points playing behind two of the league's best players.

Bouchard holds significantly more value in Edmonton than he would on the market. Regardless of what you think of his game.
One team usually wins a trade, and if that is so, one team inevitably has to lose that trade. Oilers management has you so negatively conditioned your assumptions automatically gravitate towards the Oilers losing that trade. I really can't blame you.

The proof is in the pudding and the anguish over the Oilers losing a steady stream of stars, and losing trades in general, has caused serious trauma amongst the fans. This is undeniable and the dread has been ongoing, more or less, for decades. The terrible transactions have become routine, with a few exceptions now and then.

When the Oilers win a trade, or anything fortunate occurs, there is tantalizing exuberance. This is well calculated to keep the long suffering faithful interested enough to keep coming back and forking over their bread.

Fans continue tuning into the broadcasts to keep those advertisement dollars rolling into the league's general revenue sharing coffers.
Not a player as good as Bouchard
The Oilers drafting.

The Oilers organization drafts sketchy players. They develop them the best they can. Then they play these questionable players in the NHL.

Players with incomplete games can't compete adequately or equitably against players with more rounded games. These inadequate players in the Oilers organization are capable of competing up until a point. The point in the playoffs when they faceoff against the teams with a group of "high character" players. Then the Oilers lose.

As consequence of this continual traumatization fans pretend these deficient players are actually good players.

Fans convince one another on mass, via the echo chamber of the shill sporting media, and discussed ad nauseam in the various hockey forums, that we only lose because of bad luck and questionable officiating and that the players are greater than they actually are.

Meanwhile the teams that draft the high character more complete players, the players we often pass over, win. They win all the time. Hit after hit after hit.

Fans of these American teams don't have to pretend their deficient players are good players because they don't have the flawed players the Oilers have.

Frankly, they are the lesser fans that don't have the passion in them. The fans on this board are the best fans. The fans here are hardcore.

We have become the wide-eyed gullible product of Bettman's mass media snake oil salesman routine.
You have no inside knowledge of Bouchards character.

We’ve needed a home grown right handed shot for literal decades and your solution is to jettison him because he lacks character or some other Broberg Speed Bullshit.
I'll explain my comment one more time.

I never questioned Bouchard's character as in the sense of his moral makeup or general disposition. He seems like a decent bloke. I've never heard an adverse word with respect to his off ice reputation.

I intended to use the term "character" as in the on ice competitor sense. You win in the playoffs with "high character" or highly skilled players that compete to their last breath.

The Oilers have proven out over the last 4 playoffs they do not have the makeup of enough "high character players" to win themselves a spot in the Stanley Cup Finals. I don't believe we need a 5th failure in the playoffs as we already have ample evidence of the Oilers lacking "high character players." When the team's back is against the wall and they face the top teams they fold.

Our star centers, Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl run out of gas. The same could be said about Ekholm against Vegas. He was performing the defensive workload of two players.

I think it's fair game to debate Bouchard's on ice character when the going gets tough in high intensity playoff scenarios.
Breaking News. Bouchard has character issues.
It's speculated he will have gambling issues by next week
bobby, no!

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
One team usually wins a trade, and if that is so, one team inevitably has to lose that trade. Oilers management has you so negatively conditioned your assumptions automatically gravitate towards the Oilers losing that trade. I really can't blame you.

The proof is in the pudding and the anguish over the Oilers losing a steady stream of stars, and losing trades in general, has caused serious trauma amongst the fans. This is undeniable and the dread has been ongoing, more or less, for decades. The terrible transactions have become routine, with a few exceptions now and then.

When the Oilers win a trade, or anything fortunate occurs, there is tantalizing exuberance. This is well calculated to keep the long suffering faithful interested enough to keep coming back and forking over their bread.

Fans continue tuning into the broadcasts to keep those advertisement dollars rolling into the league's general revenue sharing coffers.

The Oilers drafting.

The Oilers organization drafts sketchy players. They develop them the best they can. Then they play these questionable players in the NHL.

Players with incomplete games can't compete adequately or equitably against players with more rounded games. These inadequate players in the Oilers organization are capable of competing up until a point. The point in the playoffs when they faceoff against the teams with a group of "high character" players. Then the Oilers lose.

As consequence of this continual traumatization fans pretend these deficient players are actually good players.

Fans convince one another on mass, via the echo chamber of the shill sporting media, and discussed ad nauseam in the various hockey forums, that we only lose because of bad luck and questionable officiating and that the players are greater than they actually are.

Meanwhile the teams that draft the high character more complete players, the players we often pass over, win. They win all the time. Hit after hit after hit.

Fans of these American teams don't have to pretend their deficient players are good players because they don't have the flawed players the Oilers have.

Frankly, they are the lesser fans that don't have the passion in them. The fans on this board are the best fans. The fans here are hardcore.

We have become the wide-eyed gullible product of Bettman's mass media snake oil salesman routine.

I never questioned Bouchard's character as in the sense of his moral makeup or general disposition. He seems like a decent bloke. I've never heard an adverse word with respect to his off ice reputation.

I intended to use the term "character" as in the on ice competitor sense. You win in the playoffs with "high character" or highly skilled players that compete to their last breath.

The Oilers have proven out over the last 4 playoffs they do not have the makeup of enough "high character players" to win themselves a spot in the Stanley Cup Finals. I don't believe we need a 5th failure in the playoffs as we already have ample evidence of the Oilers lacking "high character players." When the team's back is against the wall and they face the top teams they fold.

Our star centers, Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl run out of gas. The same could be said about Ekholm against Vegas. He was performing the defensive workload of two players.

I think it's fair game to debate Bouchard's on ice character when the going gets tough in high intensity playoff scenarios.

bobby, no!
No one reads these posts. Save your energy,

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
U dont wipe, u pad after a drunk intake of Pictou County Pizza. Sewer fires are just as worse as forest fires
I had a King of Donair last night around 3am with a side of fried brothers pepperoni. This is very accurate 🔥

The Oilers drafting.

bobby, no!
K

Reactions: Broberg Speed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad