Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread | McLeod, You Wanna Get Nuts? Let's Get Nuts!

Who Do We Sign After McLeod and Bouchard Are Extended?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
@Anarchism

Yes, but let's agree that Foegele did not provide anywhere near adequate value to what he is being paid. Three points in the playoffs is a mockery. One point the year prior is a travesty. Two points before that with Carolina. ONE POINT THE YEAR BEFORE THAT!

The guy does nothing but flounder in the playoffs when we most need him. I agree with you that the appeal of him, like McLeod, is he is a great skater. You can get a great skater for 950k off waivers who won't put up any points either. For some reason we are paying these guys 2-3 million a year to do f*** all when it really matters.

One of our lights, no, he was a significant factor OF our demise. If he put up the same amount of points per game he does in the playoffs as he does in the regular season, we might have eeked out another win. I'd consider him a shining example of the failures of this club. Even though RNH was invisible at least he was putting up some PP points. Same with Hyman. 5 on 5 the whole team was a joke, but at least a handful of guys came to play. Foegele wasn't one of them. His mindless fast skating only looks good, but it has never and will never translate to success in the playoffs where the other team is skating just as hard and actually knows what to do when the puck is on their stick. Same goes for McLeod as far as I'm concerned.

Something we might have to agree to disagree on, but until proven otherwise this is how I'll see it.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
@Anarchism

Yes, but let's agree that Foegele did not provide anywhere near adequate value to what he is being paid. Three points in the playoffs is a mockery. One point the year prior is a travesty. Two points before that with Carolina. ONE POINT THE YEAR BEFORE THAT!

The guy does nothing but flounder in the playoffs when we most need him. I agree with you that the appeal of him, like McLeod, is he is a great skater. You can get a great skater for 950k off waivers who won't put up any points either. For some reason we are paying these guys 2-3 million a year to do f*** all when it really matters.

One of our lights, no, he was a significant factor OF our demise. If he put up the same amount of points per game he does in the playoffs as he does in the regular season, we might have eeked out another win. I'd consider him a shining example of the failures of this club. Even though RNH was invisible at least he was putting up some PP points. Same with Hyman. 5 on 5 the whole team was a joke, but at least a handful of guys came to play. Foegele wasn't one of them. His mindless fast skating only looks good, but it has never and will never translate to success in the playoffs where the other team is skating just as hard and actually knows what to do when the puck is on their stick. Same goes for McLeod as far as I'm concerned.

Something we might have to agree to disagree on, but until proven otherwise this is how I'll see it.
Its not just his skating which helps...keep looking.
Teaching the blind to see doesn't have much upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke74

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Serious question. I want a poll.

Who do Oiler fans think we sign after the McLeod/Bouchard contracts?

Suter, Gregor, Toews, Stastny, Watson, Tatar, Ritchie, others

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

Its very possible we sign one before we toe the line and then one in the first couple of weeks after the season starts isn't it? Give a rookie or two a couple of games each...?
And then play the hopskitch game.....seems like a wise thing to do.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I think that there won't be enough $ left over to sign anyone. I'll set up a poll tonight when I have time unless another mod has the time to do so before I get around to it.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021

I was hoping we could sign one of them. Tatar would be my pick. I don't really care if he has had a past of being a no show during the playoffs, give him 1 PP with Mcdavid/Draisaitl and he won't be snakebitten anymore lol.

Reactions: McDoused

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Give me Gregor. We need role players with speed who can check and PK in the bottom 6. He can probably score a dozen as well. Him being a local is nice too. However I heard the Flames were after him.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I'd like another player who can play Center. I'd like another forward as insurance incase Holloway or Lavoie arent ready (or if theres an injury). Team doesnt really have many guys in Bakersfield that are fringe NHL'ers.

Toews, Suter, Stastny make sense. I think if Tatar is willing to sign for 1m ish, you have to take a chance at him and get RNH, Holloway or Ryan to play center. Watson would fill a physical role as well, which I think is probably needed without Kostin.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think that there won't be enough $ left over to sign anyone. I'll set up a poll tonight when I have time unless another mod has the time to do so before I get around to it.

Well assuming the player signs for around 1m, its fine. But it does mean that Holloway is either in bakersfield, Lavoie is waived, theres an injury or someone else is waived.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Assuming Holland somehow pulls some cap space out of his ass, I'd be cool to have Toews in Oiler silks like Keith. Maybe he could mentor guys like Adam Oates did

The thing is that no one really has any cap space so the guys remaining are more likely to take 1 year deals on teams that will inflate their numbers or contenders.

I think Suter, Toews and Stastny all bring something different to that 4C position. I would be happy with any of them. I honestly don't know how I would rank them.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Well assuming the player signs for around 1m, its fine. But it does mean that Holloway is either in bakersfield, Lavoie is waived, theres an injury or someone else is waived.
Holloway likely stays....Lavoie ...does he make it through training camp or do they give him a couple of real games to get a taste an motivation before they send him down.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Going to interesting today as to Swayman's number. Easy to justify 3.7 for him. Does he get more?
Of course its Jeremy's team so who knows whats going on.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The thing is that no one really has any cap space so the guys remaining are more likely to take 1 year deals on teams that will inflate their numbers or contenders.

I think Suter, Toews and Stastny all bring something different to that 4C position. I would be happy with any of them. I honestly don't know how I would rank them.
I think the best move for these guys is to sign somewhere they can play a bigger role (non contender). They can be traded at 50%, and the team that signs them can get a pick at the deadline. Win/win.

I feel like for Toews, he will just wait until the midway point in the season and sign wherever he feels would be a fun place to go for it all.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

Mcleod should be signing for a little less, maybe 1.4M

Supposing Mcleod at 1.5 and Bouch at 3.6?
And Lavoie and Pederson going down...what would that leave us?

I'm not sure where the roster for Bakersfield is at the moment...but do we have room to offer Max Gildon and Jackson Cates AHL only deals?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Deleted tweet, but again, if Kurashev got 2.25, on what planet can you see 1.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad