Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread | McLeod, You Wanna Get Nuts? Let's Get Nuts!

Who Do We Sign After McLeod and Bouchard Are Extended?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I remember wanting Strome in EDM and so many people kept yelling that he was slow, etc.

I don't think people thought he was bad, just that he struggled with offence while he was here. I would love the guy back myself.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Having my morning coffee....nothing here...
No news worth reading about.
Sort of miss newspapers....reporters could make stuff up and nobody could check their facts.

So likely today we learn Jeremy Swaymans number. Should he get more than Samsonov?
I think so. More consistent. 3.8 mil. Sweeney went low at 2 mil. They still have Frederic to sign and need to shore up the centre position. Sweeney doesn't have a first second or third in the upcoming draft and never had a first or second in this last draft.
The best puck distributor they have hasn't played center since his Moncton Wildcat days.
Maybe they make Toews an offer but to do that they will need some space.
Maybe here is a situation where we could milk more from Mcleod than he is worth.

Last edited:

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Having my morning coffee....nothing here...
No news worth reading about.
Sort of miss newspapers....reporters could make stuff up and nobody could check their facts.

So likely today we learn Jeremy Swaymans number. Should he get more than Samsonov?
I think so. More consistent. 3.8 mil. Sweeney went low at 2 mil. They still have Frederic to sign and need to shore up the centre position. Sweeney doesn't have a first second or third in the upcoming draft and never had a first or second in this last draft.
The best puck distributor they have hasn't played center since his Moncton Wildcat days.
Maybe they make Toews an offer but to do that they will need some space.
Maybe here is a situation where we could milk more from Mcleod than he is worth.
Not sure where you’re going with this but if there’s a way we can move McLeod++ for Frederic I’m doing it a million times over.

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Not sure where you’re going with this but if there’s a way we can move McLeod++ for Frederic I’m doing it a million times over.

Frederics stats were inflated last year by epic linemates and even then they werent that good. Pretty much every Boston game I watched he was the worst player on his line. Of course hes still young and has some good things and upside... but so does McLeod. Remembrr McLeod had an injury to contend with last year and was a step off playing mostly with scrubs.

Reactions: Homesick

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Lets see what Swayman's number comes in like.
If its closer to 3 this is just smoke...if its closer to 4 then all kinds of possibilities open up.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Lol ducks forward Terry and the ducks are 3.5M apart before arbitration. Terry camp asking for 8 m and ducks offering 4.5 lolol that's a huge gap

Like i said before I won't be surprised if macloed is asking for 3M In arbitration and the oilers will be offering 1.5m. Hopefully they settle before arbitration because arbitration is a right crap shoot at the best of times

Reactions: Duke74 and McDoused

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Frederic is a 25 year old forward who's hit 30 pts once (and that's in a year on a team with record breaking regular season success)... and that team was the 2nd highest scoring in the NHL. He also has zero pts in 9 career playoff games.

Is he really any better of an option than what the Oilers have now?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Lol ducks forward Terry and the ducks are 3.5M apart before arbitration. Terry camp asking for 8 m and ducks offering 4.5 lolol that's a huge gap

Like i said before I won't be surprised if macloed is asking for 3M In arbitration and the oilers will be offering 1.5m. Hopefully they settle before arbitration because arbitration is a right crap shoot at the best of times

Oilers probably be like 1.25. McLeod will probably be at like 2.75-3.

Reactions: McDoused

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Kind of interesting that people shit on Tatar's playoff numbers in his career... .25 pts/game in the playoffs... but Connor Brown has the exact same .25 pts/game in his playoff career as well.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Kind of interesting that people shit on Tatar's playoff numbers in his career... .25 pts/game in the playoffs... but Connor Brown has the exact same .25 pts/game in his playoff career as well.
Tatar has played a lot more in the playoffs and recently.

That and Brown actually brings other aspects to his game. Tatar really has nothing to his game other than regular season points. Very much a perimeter player that goes missing completely come playoffs.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If we can get him on a cheap deal we should pounce on it.

Reactions: McDoused

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

To be fair he's also played zero playoff games after emerging as a more impactful player once he got to the Senators.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Mcleod should be signing for a little less, maybe 1.4M

That's not a comparable.
Besides the fact that McLeod had similar numbers in 25 less games last year, McLeod had 9 goals and 21 points the prior season while McBain had bupkis. McLeod is getting $2m+, we just have to come to terms with it.

The Oilera just got back a lot of bargaining power back from that McBain signing.

Hopefully McLeod isnt greedy and signs for under 2M.
They didn't. McLeod has been more productive the last 2 years.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
That's not a comparable.
Besides the fact that McLeod had similar numbers in 25 less games last year, McLeod had 9 goals and 21 points the prior season while McBain had bupkis. McLeod is getting $2m+, we just have to come to terms with it.

They didn't. McLeod has been more productive the last 2 years.
l mean even if you prorate his numbers they are still pretty comparable…

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
l mean even if you prorate his numbers they are still pretty comparable…
McBain last season - 82 GP - 12 G 26 P
McLeod last season - 57 GP - 11 G 23 P

McLeod had 1 less goal and 3 less points in 25 less games

McBain 2 seasons ago - 10 GP - 2 G 3 P
McLeod 2 seasons ago - 71 GP - 9 G 21 P

Yeah, you can pro-rate McBain's small sample size and it's close but the actual production is quite a bit in favor of McLeod in a relative sense when you're debating over 500-800K or so. McLeod also had a 3 goal playoff and 5 points in 12 games then next playoff while McBain has nothing.

Getting McLeod at $1.6m or less is a complete pipedream, not going to happen unless McLeod has a shitty agent or is feeling charitable.
I could see it now when McLeod signs for or gets awarded $2m+ that some will point to the McBain contract and think Holland screwed up but it'll be completely misguided. I'll be impressed if they get him for under $2m on a 2 year deal and shocked if it's 1.4-1.6m.

Last edited:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
McBain last season - 82 GP - 12 G 26 P
McLeod last season - 57 GP - 11 G 23 P

McLeod had 1 less goal and 3 less points in 25 less games

McBain 2 seasons ago - 10 GP - 2 G 3 P
McLeod 2 seasons ago - 71 GP - 9 G 21 P

Yeah, you can pro-rate McBain's small sample size and it's close but the actual production is quite a bit in favor of McLeod in a relative sense when you're debating over 500-800K or so. McLeod also had a 3 goal playoff and 5 points in 12 games then next playoff while McBain has nothing.

Getting McLeod at $1.6m or less is a complete pipedream, not going to happen unless McLeod has a shitty agent or is feeling charitable.
I could see it now when McLeod signs for $2m+ that some will point to the McBain contract and think Holland screwed up but it'll be completely misguided. I'll be impressed if they get him for under $2m on a 2 year deal and shocked if it's 1.4-1.6m.

Arbiters dont prorate. The fact that McLeod couldnt stay healthy is a strike against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad