Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

I think people are way too quick to want to trade Emelin because he's struggled some this year.

He remains the most physical d-man this team has, and while many would like to think Tinordi can step in right away he will definitely have a learning curve.

O'Reilly is going to be very expensive on a new contract, and in a few years' time even if the cap goes up a bunch paying Subban, Price, Pacioretty and O'Reilly along with icing the rest of the team is going to make things pretty tough.

I like O'Reilly well enough, and I think it's obvious Bergevin has interest in him as well...but they have to be smart about it too.

IMO, if they could move out Desharnais in either a deal for O'Reilly or a separate deal they could potentially ice one of the best top 3 2 way center trios in the entire league, but I think that would put the writing on the wall for Plekanec to be on his way out, even if it was just by route of letting him walk after next year.

And IMO this team should be careful about letting valuable veterans go.

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013
People have to realize hockey players aren't infallible. Emelin might have some brain fart games but he isn't a detriment to the team. I don't see why we trade a guy like emelin when we have weaver's on our team.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Getto wont go. hes a sure nhl player.

Ghetto projects to be an undersized one-dimensional winger, who may or may not put up points in a relatively sheltered role.

O'Reilly is a two-way forward who can shutdown the best in the league, kill penalties, force turnovers in the offensive and neutral zones, get in passing lanes and break up plays, and has already proven to be a 60 pt player.

Take your pick...

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Ghetto projects to be an undersized one-dimensional winger, who may or may not put up points in a relatively sheltered role.

O'Reilly is a two-way forward who can shutdown the best in the league, kill penalties, force turnovers in the offensive and neutral zones, get in passing lanes and break up plays, and has already proven to be a 60 pt player.

Take your pick...

Andrighetto is pretty good defensively, he's definitely not one-dimensional. I would obviously include him in a deal for O'reilly, but let's not make Ghetto something he isn't.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Emelin has to accept that trade too. He has a NTC.

And if I am Colorado you better sweeten the pot with Tinordi.

Emelin+Ghetto will sadly not land us ROR.

Don't worry for the NTC....bench a player for a week, you'll see his NTC waived in no time.......and even right now, not sure if Emelin wouldn't appreciate any kind of changes. Doesn't play that much.....the media's attention.

As for the trade, it's more needs than value if we looked in the last big trades in the NHL.

Looking at AVS Left D's:
Hejda, 36yo
Guenin, shouldn't even play in the NHL
Stuard, 35yo and not getting younger.

In the minor....they got Bigras who's still in in the CHL. Other than that...they don't got any D able to make the jump and making any impact on the L. (They are a lot better on the R with Barrie, Johnson)

They need help on the left.....we could provide that. They would also need a F cause their bank is really thin on the R with MacKinnon moving to center. With McCarron, Scherbak, Andrighetto.....we won't be talking too much of Andrighetto if Scherbak or BigMac comes to camp ready next year.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Andrighetto is pretty good defensively, he's definitely not one-dimensional. I would obviously include him in a deal for O'reilly, but let's not make Ghetto something he isn't.

I doubt he'll ever be considered a two-way forward or a penalty killer.

Was responding to a poster who wouldn't include him in a deal for O'Reilly :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad