Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Staal can play wing too, he's versatile. I'd be thrilled, it's not by accicent he was drafted 2nd overall. And behind MA Fleury; he should have been 1st overall in 2003.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Staal can play wing too, he's versatile. I'd be thrilled, it's not by accicent he was drafted 2nd overall. And behind MA Fleury; he should have been 1st overall in 2003.

Corey Perry can argue that point.

Empty netter for Staal.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 2m2 minutes ago
P. Brisebois affirme au show de l'ami @DaveMorissette que Bergevin a voulu acquérir Ryan O'Reilly quand il a fait la grève il y a deux ans.

HabsDieHard*

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 21s22 seconds ago
Patrice Brisebois just said on television that Marc Bergevin tried to land Ryan O'Reilly two years ago when he was on holdout.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
P. Brisebois affirme au show de l'ami @DaveMorissette que Bergevin a voulu acquérir Ryan O'Reilly quand il a fait la grève il y a deux ans.

Well if there was interest to start you can bet there is some now.

Question is the price.

PricePkPatch*

Getting ROR in deal centering around Emelin? that would be a dream come true.

Cleared space on the salary cap at the back end, open a D spot at the bottom pairing, get a potential permanent 2nd centreman who can become our Bergeron.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Getting ROR in deal centering around Emelin? that would be a dream come true.

Cleared space on the salary cap at the back end, open a D spot at the bottom pairing, get a potential permanent 2nd centreman who can become our Bergeron.

Yeah, but do the Avs do it? Maybe they feel lucky with Bergevin as they robbed the habs in the Parenteau deal.

PricePkPatch*

Yeah, but do the Avs do it? Maybe they feel lucky with Bergevin as they robbed the habs in the Parenteau deal.

Emelin, when playing well, would be a solid upgrade on their defensive core. Maybe he can get started again over there? It has been known to happen for players to manage to find their second breath elsewhere.

And as to would the Avs do it? Good question. Probably we'd need to pay a bit more, but Bergevin is certainly NOT going to trade anything we'd regret for very long just to get a temporary rental with known contract negociation difficulties.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011

this is really hot shiz, breaking news that is 2 years ago. typical french media.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Emelin for RoR sounds absurd.

Sakic and Roy seem to have a fetish for slow D with hitting highlight reels, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're interested in Emelin. We'd need to add, but I'd do Emelin + a 2nd rounder / b-level prospect very easily.

O'Reilly would be a dream come true on this team... reminds me of a young Patrick Sharp, only better. He's not the most skilled player, but his hockey sense and anticipation is off the charts, as is his work ethic on and off the ice.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Emelin, Andrighetto/Reway and a 1st sounds a bit less absurd...

A ROR - Plekanec duo would be unreal defensively...

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
ROR - Plekanec - Sekac or PAP if he has experience with ROR
Desharnais - Eller - PAP
Prust - Malhotra - Weise

Markov - Subban
Gonchar - Beaulieu
Tinordi - Gilbert
Weaver

Last edited:

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

It's probably not as crazy as it sounds, look at what Joe Thornton got, or more recently Spezza.

Nobody thinks RoR is a middle six forward because his pace this year is 43 points. The same holds for Emelin, he's likely still viewed as a top-4 defenceman.

Obviously Colorado would want some prospect/picks but a deal centered around Emelin isn't as crazy as it first sounds.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Emelin has a NTC/NMC...

I love all these Emelin trade proposals, but...maybe Colorado is not on his NTC list??? (anyone know anything about his NTC/NMC...?).

p.s.: ROR+Briere FOR Emelin+P-A Parenteau!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sarcasm:

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Emelin has a NTC/NMC...

I love all these Emelin trade proposals, but...maybe Colorado is not on his NTC list??? (anyone know anything about his NTC/NMC...?).

Emelin has been playing top 6, if he got moved to Colorado he would be playing top 4, if he doesn't overly like it here, I think he would wave to go play top 4 minutes. As for the line up, I think Ryan O'Reilly would play centre of the second line! Galchenyuk isn't playing centre this year and you can't have DD as your 2nd line centre.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
What are opinions around here on a player like Jaromir Jagr? I'm pretty sure he'll be available, he's a RW, solid PP production, could complete the czech squad and play with Eller and Sekac. Your thoughts?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Emelin has a NTC/NMC...

Everyone would have thought Briere for PAP would have been absurd last year.

Colorado needs defense and Emelin is the best odd man out we have so a at trade would have to be based around him if only for his cap hit.

As do the NMC, please. Just about every traded player has a NMC. It doesn't mean crap. All it does is prevent a player from going to a team they don't want to go to. 9 times out of 10 or better they waive it when asked. No one wants to be where they're not wanted. Emelin can befriend Varlamov and become besties in Colorado.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Colorado wanted Andrighetto last year for PAP and Bergevin said no. This time around if we can land ROR, he might not have a choice to let him go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad