Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think if Bergevin could acquire Oshie without losing anything in the top 6 it could really round out the roster going into the playoffs.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Sekac-Plekanec-Oshie

That can match up against anyone in the East, with the exception of Pittsburgh getting really hot. No one can match up against that, but we have Price. As far as Oshie, it would depend on if they wanted to relieve some cap. Then it could be done. However, if they want to upgrade I don't think there's a trade to be made.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Go get Sharp either now or in the off season.

We are one of the few teams that could have him fit under the cap, be competitive with him and we have pieces Gallagher/Eller/Pleks that we could move for him.

Plus we can extend him when his contract is up. Plus he could become a great leader/captain with the Habs.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Sharp isn't going anywhere + the asking price would be cutthroat.

We should start to think about getting our seasonally deadline pickup. I say try to grab MSL, if the rags are out. Justin Williams would be fine too.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

We are one of the few teams that could have him fit under the cap, be competitive with him and we have pieces Gallagher/Eller/Pleks that we could move for him.

Plus we can extend him when his contract is up. Plus he could become a great leader/captain with the Habs.

Chicago is trying to win another Cup and Sharp would play a big part of that...what's their motivation to move him?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Sharp would be great, I can't disagree with that, but, Gallagher is quickly becoming the heart and soul of this team, not sure I'd want to part with him, even though he would most probably be in the asking price...

68*

Had a dream that my dad was the GM of the team and he traded Cakes for MSL.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Not really no. They seem comfy enough with Richards/Oduya coming off the books and probably an increasing cap next season. I don't see your point at all.

+ Rozsival.

They already have 64mil locked up on 14 players next year with Saad and other important pieces to sign... even if the cap increases by 4mil, they'll still need to move players... Sharp is by far their best trading chip. They won't trade him this season, but the odds are pretty high in the offseason.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Out of curiosity would you guys move Fucale this season or in the near future? Seems to me like Price/Tokarski aren't giving up their jobs anytime soon and Fucale could probably net you a good player in return.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Out of curiosity would you guys move Fucale this season or in the near future? Seems to me like Price/Tokarski aren't giving up their jobs anytime soon and Fucale could probably net you a good player in return.

In a package yes///

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Probably best to wait 2-3 years for him to develop in the AHL. The goalie market right now doesn't bring much back, and unless he's part of a package to bring back a required asset there is no point in moving him.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

not yet....his stock needs raising....it'll be a few years down the road before he gets dealt.

Analyzer*

Would deal him as a sweetener in a bigger deal, or for a d/nonRW forward who's got good potential and size.

If someone offered a late first, or an early 2nd in this draft I'd do that, too.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
They already have 64mil locked up on 14 players next year with Saad and other important pieces to sign... even if the cap increases by 4mil, they'll still need to move players... Sharp is by far their best trading chip. They won't trade him this season, but the odds are pretty high in the offseason.

Assuming that Chicago will give away Sharp because of the cap is wishful thinking and I'm being generous here. He's on a good contract in terms of AAV and they have other options.

But yeah, everybody just assumes that Sharp will be available at the deadline for a pick and a prospect. :laugh:

bigtimehockeyfan999*

What kind of contract do you guys think galchenyuk will get...I think that will be the big factor in determining what we add.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
What kind of contract do you guys think galchenyuk will get...I think that will be the big factor in determining what we add.

3 years 14 million / 4.67 AAV

1st year - 3.5 million
2nd year - 4.5 million
3rd year - 6 million

After that a massive 8 year deal if it works out like we all expect it to. Think Subban type deal.

Lesglorieux

Jun 27, 2014
Calgary, AB

I think if Bergevin could acquire Oshie without losing anything in the top 6 it could really round out the roster going into the playoffs.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Sekac-Plekanec-Oshie

That can match up against anyone in the East, with the exception of Pittsburgh getting really hot. No one can match up against that, but we have Price. As far as Oshie, it would depend on if they wanted to relieve some cap. Then it could be done. However, if they want to upgrade I don't think there's a trade to be made.

Oshie would be way too expensive to acquire, IMO

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Assuming that Chicago will give away Sharp because of the cap is wishful thinking and I'm being generous here. He's on a good contract in terms of AAV and they have other options.

But yeah, everybody just assumes that Sharp will be available at the deadline for a pick and a prospect. :laugh:

Where exactly did I wrote they would give him away ? Actually, where did I even wrote he would be available at the deadline, i wrote the exact opposite... do you even read before replying ?

They have other options, but trading Sharp is a wise decision in this context, that's why a player of his caliber should be available in the offseason...

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Oshie would be way too expensive to acquire, IMO

I think people overrate him because of shoot outs. He's a 2nd line RW who is good at both ends of the rink, but he's not lighting the world on fire offensively. I just think he would be a good fit on this team, and value wise, isn't as much as most would think.

Assumption, obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad