Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread | Free Agent Frenzy, Will Oilers Fans Have Any Good Oilers News on Canada Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
My hopes, that I think are semi realistic are

Brown
McLeod
Rodrigues

Kane McDavid Brown
Nuge Drai Hyman
Holloway McLeod Rodrigues
Foegele McLeod Janmark
Ryan
I like those players, but realistically that’s probably 5m in cap at minimum. There’s not enough left for Bouchard and Ryan McLeod. Foegele or Ceci would have to go. Hell, if Gudas would sign for 1.5 or so I’d deal both Ceci and Foegele.

Kane McDavid Rodrigues
Holloway Drai Brown
Rnh R.McLeod Hyman
Janmark M.McLeod Ryan/Lavoie

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Gudas
Kulak Broberg/Desharnais

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I agree I do and I’m sorry. I had no idea he had that good of a year so I was wrong on that lol my bad
I’ve mentioned it before, but it deserves repeating, imho - when I read a Post like this…

One of my late Father’s favourite sayings was, “A person who can admit they’re wrong, when they’re wrong- is alright!”

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Ahh yes. Brendan Lemieux, a guy whose career high in games played is 59 and points is 18 is somehow good at hockey. He is a shit face puncher that’s only good at face punching. Rodrigues has more points in the last year and a half than Lemieux has had in his entire career…and he can defend.
Lemieux sits in the press box more than he plays. Dudes shit.he is a hockey player in name only. I’d take a washed up Reaves over him any day and I have no time for him either.
Give me guys who can play hockey and be tough. Not just shitheels who have less skill than Shore.
That's a little unfair to Lemieux.

He brings exceptional biting ability to the bottom six, which would help team toughness significantly. He really has learned from the best when it comes to that attribute, and has achieved the unique accomplishment of being part of the only father/son duo in NHL history to be suspended for biting an opposing player.

Just have to have the medical team stock up on the tetanus shots and let him rip.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That's a little unfair to Lemieux.

He brings exceptional biting ability to the bottom six, which would help team toughness significantly. He really has learned from the best when it comes to that attribute, and has achieved the unique accomplishment of being part of the only father/son duo in NHL history to be suspended for biting an opposing player.

Just have to have the medical team stock up on the tetanus shots and let him rip.
Let a raccoon bite him and let the rabies go wild!

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I think the Ducks would want Ceci. Looks like their only right shot D that’s likely to be on the roster right now is the young kid Drysdale. They have three extra picks in rounds 2-3 next year too.
Sounds good. Gudas strikes me as a player who really wants to win right now and would play for less in Edmonton. Always liked the player.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

McLeod or Rodrigues please. McLeod may be a better fit for the 4th line.

McLeod would be my choice. They need a RHC that won't be doing just spot duty face-offs like Ryan. I could see him getting more than Edmonton can afford, though

ehhteen

5-14-6-1
Jan 15, 2010
Connor's Place
Brendan Lemieux, Connor Brown, Evan Rodrigues, Michael McLeod, Tyler Motte, Garnet Hathaway. Just some names I’d love to have as depth pieces.

Rodrigues specifically would be another defensive conscience winger that can play with skill.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
McLeod would be my choice. They need a RHC that won't be doing just spot duty face-offs like Ryan. I could see him getting more than Edmonton can afford, though

He’s a top 10 faceoff guy in the entire league, right handed, and great on the pk. There couldn’t be a better fit for what the Oilers need, and we have his brother here. Ryan better have been on the phone with him today.

McLeod seems like a no brainer..
An upgrade over Bjugstad
Only issue is the WJC stuff. I wonder if that’s why NJD didn’t qualify him. Steel and Comtois werent qualified either

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We got some incentives for him in Edmonton.. Richard McLeod wouldn't have to pick one team over another if both his kids were in Edmonton

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
This hockey canada investigation could definitely impact McLeod. I'd rather pass and focus on Rodrigues or Blueger. That being said, according to the NHL the investigation has been "substantially complete" for like 8 months, so they might be waiting until the dog days of August to hide it or we won't hear anything for like 4 years because NHL.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I will say, if Holland didn’t care about Virtanen and Kane he probably doesn’t care about McLeod (unless they’re still investigating and a punishment is on the way)

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Whos available, outside of Reeves that can be a heavy hand for the oilers? Kostin was valuable in that regard and i feel like this team could use a guy like that over the likes of Rodrigues or Bluger. Mcleod isnt the guy either but i but a great fit for us if we miss on Bjugstad

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Whos available, outside of Reeves that can be a heavy hand for the oilers? Kostin was valuable in that regard and i feel like this team could use a guy like that over the likes of Rodrigues or Bluger. Mcleod isnt the guy either but i but a great fit for us if we miss on Bjugstad
Watson, Comtrois, Ritchie, Hathaway, MacEwen, Sanford, maceachern, etc.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I will say, if Holland didn’t care about Virtanen and Kane he probably doesn’t care about McLeod (unless they’re still investigating and a punishment is on the way)
I’ve heard rumours that the league has made it known to the teams the players involved and to kind of, push them out.
Guys who should be qualified not, etc.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Watson, Comtrois, Ritchie, Hathaway, MacEwen, Sanford, maceachern, etc.
MacEwan would be a nice grab, I like Comtois alot to had to look up if he was a scrapper and looks like hes been in a few tilts.

I could live with a 4th line of Janmark - Comtois - MacEwan

Reactions: McDoused

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
MacEwan would be a nice grab, I like Comtois alot to had to look up if he was a scrapper and looks like hes been in a few tilts.

I could live with a 4th line of Janmark - Comtois - MacEwan
Probably need a better center, geekie would fit the bill, not a scrapper, but a big guys who wins his match ups it seems

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Probably need a better center, geekie would fit the bill, not a scrapper, but a big guys who wins his match ups it seems
Agree Geekie i like but with most of our line up set our 4th line pickups need to have some scapability.

That said if we miss on Brown then guys like Sprong, ect may be a possibility

Holloway - Cloud - Foegele
Janmark - XXX - Ryan ( can move throughout)
XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad