Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread | Free Agent Frenzy, Will Oilers Fans Have Any Good Oilers News on Canada Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Not going to be a popular opinion but I definitely want in on Lemieux for the 4th line. Compete and motor every game. Consider this an upgrade on Kostin.
I like his game but not sure how well he will be accepted in the room . Could really mess up the chemistry

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
@McYams17 you talk to people like such a dink sometimes lol. Sprong being a better player than Connor Brown is not an outrageous take. Sprong just had a better season than Brown has ever had and also didn't just have a major knee injury that took him our for an entire season.
I agree I do and I’m sorry. I had no idea he had that good of a year so I was wrong on that lol my bad

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I wonder if you could convince Ryan to sign for a bit cheaper if we nab his brother .

And if any of the allegations come out we could just waive him. Although I’m not sure if it’s worth the risk. But the brotherly duo would be pretty cool and I’m sure Michael McLeod would be interested in signing with Edmonton.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Brendan Lemieux is better than the overpriced baby soft crap you endorse 90% of the time.

You somehow got hold of the list of the players I don't like in the NHL. It's uncanny.
Yeah, but all the fear punching won't make them good at hockey, they need to be good at hockey. Not cardio and hits.

It's not hard, the Kassians and Archibalds make your team worse, always.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
My hopes, that I think are semi realistic are

Brown
McLeod
Rodrigues

Kane McDavid Brown
Nuge Drai Hyman
Holloway McLeod Rodrigues
Foegele McLeod Janmark
Ryan

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Brendan Lemieux is better than the overpriced baby soft crap you endorse 90% of the time.

You somehow got hold of the list of the players I don't like in the NHL. It's uncanny.
Ahh yes. Brendan Lemieux, a guy whose career high in games played is 59 and points is 18 is somehow good at hockey. He is a shit face puncher that’s only good at face punching. Rodrigues has more points in the last year and a half than Lemieux has had in his entire career…and he can defend.
Lemieux sits in the press box more than he plays. Dudes shit.he is a hockey player in name only. I’d take a washed up Reaves over him any day and I have no time for him either.
Give me guys who can play hockey and be tough. Not just shitheels who have less skill than Shore.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Who the f*** is Rodrigues. Someone hype him up for me pls.
Evan Rodrigues, the Oilers were interested in him last off season, signed a one year deal at about $3M with Colorado after a 43 pts season with the Pens. Fast RH Center/Winger, who's got a solid 200 ft game.

Took him a bit to find his permanent spot in the NHL, but has been good since sticking.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This has to be the quietest the league has been before free agency. Usually by now we know where half the league is going. But not even a whisper about the big guns.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Ahh yes. Brendan Lemieux, a guy whose career high in games played is 59 and points is 18 is somehow good at hockey. He is a shit face puncher that’s only good at face punching. Rodrigues has more points in the last year and a half than Lemieux has had in his entire career…and he can defend.
Lemieux sits in the press box more than he plays. Dudes shit.he is a hockey player in name only. I’d take a washed up Reaves over him any day and I have no time for him either.
Give me guys who can play hockey and be tough. Not just shitheels who have less skill than Shore.
Lemieux's a 4th line role player who is effective.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
This has to be the quietest the league has been before free agency. Usually by now we know where half the league is going. But not even a whisper about the big guns.

I guess its because there's not really any big guns this year. Bertuzzi and Orlov are the biggest names and there hasn't been enough time for Duchene to be linked anywhere since he was only under contract 2 days ago

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Random thoughts before free agency...

• Invite Mazden Leslie & bring Hudson Thornton back to development camp, sign them both.

• I'm interested in Morgan Geekie. 28 points, grades well in points/60 at even strength. Imagine Seattle walked away cause they were worried about arbitration and I'm under the impression Geekie is hard to get pen to paper. Friedman says he aint gonna have any problems finding work.

• C'mon bargain Connor Brown contract.

• Bring back Kostin, maybe Yamo, for cheap contracts and complete the wizardry, Ken.

• Considering the Condors... I know they have Rodrigue and Pickard but sign another goalie that gets squeezed out, maybe a Nefdelkovic or Blackwood. The backend needs bodies, howabout Ryan Merkley and maybe Max Gildon, dunno he looked like less of a fit down the stretch.

• We don't have lots of capspace and we should go into the season to start accruing a deadline cap cache.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Lemieux's a 4th line role who is effective.
If he was so effective why is he in the press box for half the season? You wanna know why? Cause he isn’t. He is an average 13th forward.
Fans for teams he has played for are happy when he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA