Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
If what MacLean is willing to trade is true I'm thinking it would be a Drew Stafford or Troy Brouwer type that we would be acquiring? Kane, Ladd Ect will involved trading some players we don't want to move. Why create a new hole while filling a need, that is not where we are at right now.

John Holmes*

I wonder if he has the dreaded "attitude" tag that guys like Spezza, Turris, Ryan, Karlsson, Anderson, etc, etc, etc.... have all had in their careers.

You shouldn't worry about a guy until you see first hand (or whatever hand fans see) what he's really like.

Keep in mind that these are often times very young guys that have a whole lot of money, women throwing themselves at them every time they turn around, and entourages of "yes" people surrounding them.

It's only normal that sometimes they get caught up in the lifestyle, or in the partying. It happens. It's not new, the only thing different now is that it ends up all over twitter and facebook.

Go read one of Phil Esposito's books. Those guys were nuts. In particular, try to find the story of when the Bruins players kidnapped Phil from a hospital, destroyed a door to get the bed outside and carried him through the streets, and upstairs to a bar so he could "celebrate" with his teammates.

Guys like Emery, Seguin, Redden, Kane, etc... aren't doing anything that pro athletes haven't always done. Like Mickey Mantel being so hungover that he would argue with the Umps to get thrown out of games so he could go sleep it off in the clubhouse.

So when you hear "Evander Kane has a bad attitude" or that he parties too much, try to keep it in perspective.

He's a black kid from a big city (Vancouver) and he's living in Winnipeg. He sticks out like a sore thumb, everything he does is scruitinized and he's basically living under a microscope.

Saying you "don't want him around the room" is pretty presumptuous as you can't possibly know what kind of guy he really is, or how his teammates would respond to him.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
So effectively you believe that Ladd is worth more then Ryan?

i said a small sweetener. like, one of the players i mentioned and greening, maybe a late pick as well, maybe a little something from them to even it out. that's not more than we gave for ryan.

as for the second deal:

silf>>>puempel, prince, or pageau
noesen > michalek/greening
1st 2014<<1st 2015, but with ladd in the line-up, that will be a low, low first.

Gothenburg 40*

Matt Puempel, Jean Gabriel Pageau & 2014 2nd rounder for Andrew Ladd.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Would love to add Ladd to the Sens, but he's also the type of veteran leader a team would like to keep around even if they're (re)building from youth. Sets a great example of how to be a professional every game and take of younger teammates.

But if he's available I'd put together a nice package for him.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
no god no,

he still has 2 yrs after this!

One year after this, not two.

I'd be intrigued at the idea of bringing back Gonch at 50% off, because:
1) Maclean clearly knew how to get the most out of him, and
2) I think it's obvious at this point that "Gonchar The Teacher" had a huge effect on Wiercioch, and I think as a guy who can teach younger players, he has value.

So yeah... I'm not necessarily ADVOCATING a Gonchar trade, but I'm not 100% against it, I guess.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I think I'd be down to bring Gonchar back. Shame we didn't just keep him, though I understand the reasons why we let him go.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'm confused. This is the trade proposal/rumours thread right? If not, where is it? That's what I'm looking for.

didn't you see the game tonight? how much better do you think we can get:laugh:

i know, a scorer instead of greening would help (but i still want greening in the lineup)
and a top 4 d would help (but what do you do with wiercioch, gryba?)

i will dream of moulson tonight

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I wonder if he has the dreaded "attitude" tag that guys like Spezza, Turris, Ryan, Karlsson, Anderson, etc, etc, etc.... have all had in their careers.

You shouldn't worry about a guy until you see first hand (or whatever hand fans see) what he's really like.

Keep in mind that these are often times very young guys that have a whole lot of money, women throwing themselves at them every time they turn around, and entourages of "yes" people surrounding them.

It's only normal that sometimes they get caught up in the lifestyle, or in the partying. It happens. It's not new, the only thing different now is that it ends up all over twitter and facebook.

Go read one of Phil Esposito's books. Those guys were nuts. In particular, try to find the story of when the Bruins players kidnapped Phil from a hospital, destroyed a door to get the bed outside and carried him through the streets, and upstairs to a bar so he could "celebrate" with his teammates.

Guys like Emery, Seguin, Redden, Kane, etc... aren't doing anything that pro athletes haven't always done. Like Mickey Mantel being so hungover that he would argue with the Umps to get thrown out of games so he could go sleep it off in the clubhouse.

So when you hear "Evander Kane has a bad attitude" or that he parties too much, try to keep it in perspective.

He's a black kid from a big city (Vancouver) and he's living in Winnipeg. He sticks out like a sore thumb, everything he does is scruitinized and he's basically living under a microscope.

Saying you "don't want him around the room" is pretty presumptuous as you can't possibly know what kind of guy he really is, or how his teammates would respond to him.

Great post. I hate hearing about "bad attitude" ********. Tyler Seguin is doing pretty well in Dallas right now. Give me the best twenty players you can get.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Colin Wilson

• Young
  • Powerforward
  • Not overly expensive
  • Only makes 2mil this season and 2.5mil next season
  • Could be a steal if he breaks out

This guy was mentioned in a trade with Nashville before when we were discussing potential moves for Ottawa on the main board. I believe the offer was Wilson and Josi for Zibanejad and Wiercioch. Probably a trade that on pure value is pretty even, but works out well for Ottawa due to where their organizational depth is.

That said Colin Wilson would look really good in Ottawa. Good skater, big body and untapped potential. He already produces just fine to take Greening's spot on Spezza's wing, but if he really breaks out in Ottawa's system he could be amazing.

Now the only problem here is that Wilson probably isn't going anywhere unless Ottawa is offering up some offensive potential themselves. Maybe something around Puempel or Stone? I'd be pretty happy with a move for Wilson, anyway.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
I actually dont think we should make a trade unless its to do with Phillips first.

He is our worst player on the ice every night.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I actually dont think we should make a trade unless its to do with Phillips first.

He is our worst player on the ice every night.

keep dreaming. not going to happen. best we can hope for is that we get another top 4 dman and phillips' ice time drops

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
One year after this, not two.

I'd be intrigued at the idea of bringing back Gonch at 50% off, because:
1) Maclean clearly knew how to get the most out of him, and
2) I think it's obvious at this point that "Gonchar The Teacher" had a huge effect on Wiercioch, and I think as a guy who can teach younger players, he has value.

So yeah... I'm not necessarily ADVOCATING a Gonchar trade, but I'm not 100% against it, I guess.

Not necessarily.
Apparently, he's historically been terrible when joining a new team (Bos, Pit, Ott). Then he seems to figure everything out and do very well (Pit, Ott).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad