Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VIII |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I think everyone is over rating O'Reilly in this thread.

I've been thinking the exact same thing. Another case of over rating players on other teams, and under appreciating the players we have.

Buff, Kane, Kadri NO THANKS we don't need other teams head cases. Buff and Kane just got a coach fired and Kadri's working on it. JUST NO !!!!

Last edited:

thefatjesus*

Conacher and Wiercioch have value as well, someone said conacher wiercicoh and a 1st but thats arguable just as good as the Bobby Ryan deal. A deal can be fair value and still not be accepted, the question is if the Avs are seriously considering moving him. If so Conacher Wiercioch and something small like Condra should definetly be fair, your getting 3 roster players for one,teo of wjich have good upside. They need defence and Wiercicoh is a pretty good pickup, once hes stronger hes gonna be a real good puck mover imo. If they are actually considering to move him, hes not getting more than B.Ryan.. Con Wier and Condra would definetly be considered. But I also cpuld see some teams overpaying so its hard to tell

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Lazar = Silf
1st = 1st
And something small like Wiercioch, for ROR.

ROR will require 6.5m at least as his qualifying offer has to be 6.5m.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
RoR has never scored 20 goals and we want to give him 7 mil a year? He's not Dany ****ing Heatley

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Rather have E kane than ror.

Find a player with raw talent

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
No thanks to ROR. Assets + 6.5M for a player that hasn't topped 55 points yet in his career, including his pace for this one? How would it look to Turris if we are willing to spend that much money + assets on a player that isn't all that much better than he is.

If I'm spending that much money I'd rather pay a bit more to get a true star player instead.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Players can re-sign for less than their qualifier.

Yeah, but for good players, it's very unusual.

Teams have to qualify their RFA's at their previous season's salary (and if they make under a mil/ year, it's their previous year's salary + 5 or 10%), or they lose rights to that player.

So it's possible for a player to re-sign for less than their qualifier, but not very common. If Colorado doesn't move RO'R, and doesn't offer him at least $6.5 as a qualifying offer, he can walk for nothing and just sign with any of the other 29 teams in the league.

Guys that re-sign for less than their qualifier tend to be very fringe players, or don't re-sign with the team that offered the qualifying offer in the first place.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
ROR is very good. especially when our other two centers are turris and zibanejad. Whether our three centers those three (scary two way players) or ROR on spezzas wing that makes for top 3-4 3 lines in the East. actually probably better than boston. ROR is a complete player. and ridiculous competitor.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
If we keep playing like we are and look like we could make some noise in the playoffs, Erik Cole would be a nice rental to play with Spezza. Good vet with size added to what we have would be excellent.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
if you want a vet winger Jagr should be on the top of the list

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Cole sucks.

I would pay a lot to get O'Reilly or Ladd. Heart and soul players who play 2 way game and score around 60ish points. They'd fit our system perfectly.

I watch some Colorado games and man... O'Reilly is unbelievable. The guy drives their play both ends of the ice and his hustle is second to none.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
if you want a vet winger Jagr should be on the top of the list

The problem with rentals is that Jagr will command at least a first and a prospect if he is put on the market.

Even if Ottawa gets really hot, and finishes 3rd, 4th, or 5th in the Eastern Conference, I'm not sure it's worth paying a steep price for a rental.

It's teams like Pittsburgh, St.Louis, San Jose, Anaheim, etc who should be looking to sell their future for an edge today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad