Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VIII |

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I find it interesting how often you refer to stats, except for when they support Spezza being one of the better players, if not the best player, on the ice.

This board will never change.

Anyone actually watching this team without a complete hate on for Spezza can see how much of a trainwreck Karlsson has been in his own zone this year. He has been the direct cause of more goals against probably than anyone else on our team, and potentially anyone else in the league this year.

Anyway, the whole point of this isn't to get rid of Karlsson. It's to point out the hypocrisy in wanting to get rid of Spezza and claiming all these things and directions that the team should be going in, but still pushing Karlsson as some kind of generational talent. Karlsson brings pretty much all of the same things to the team that Spezza does, minus the faceoffs, but as a defenceman.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
I find it interesting how often you refer to stats, except for when they support Spezza being one of the better players, if not the best player, on the ice.

Anyone actually watching this team without a complete hate on for Spezza can see how much of a trainwreck Karlsson has been in his own zone this year. He has been the direct cause of more goals against probably than anyone else on our team, and potentially anyone else in the league this year.

Anyway, the whole point of this isn't to get rid of Karlsson. It's to point out the hypocrisy in wanting to get rid of Spezza and claiming all these things and directions that the team should be going in, but still pushing Karlsson as some kind of generational talent. Karlsson brings pretty much all of the same things to the team that Spezza does, minus the faceoffs, but as a defenceman.
Are you comparing a norris trophy winner to a player that has not won an nhl award? A an Olympian to a non olympian. A player who skates like the wind to a player that has a hard time skating?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

I think its pretty obvious that we are struggling this year because both Ek AND Spezza are having pretty bad seasons, especially on the defensive side of the puck.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Are you comparing a norris trophy winner to a player that has not won an nhl award? A an Olympian to a non olympian. A player who skates like the wind to a player that has a hard time skating?

I'm comparing a guy who was voted 6th overall in Hart voting to a guy who was voted 8th in the same season he won the Norris. You can put the rest together. Oh, and Spezza was on twice as many ballots as Karlsson was.

I think its pretty obvious that we are struggling this year because both Ek AND Spezza are having pretty bad seasons, especially on the defensive side of the puck.

Agreed. Both are coming off huge injuries and are being counted on to carry a team the same way they did two years ago. Both have regressed and need some time to get their feet going again.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Would Karlsson have won that trophy without Spezza? Watch the video of all his points and tell me he would. Would Spezza not make Team Sweden? Karlsson has a hard time hitting the net, Spezza gets the puck on net every time.

And guess what? Nothing that I just said means anything. At all.

jaygodard

Dec 3, 2013
Spezza is here to stay, atleast for a few more years! He is still producing points, maybe he is not having the greatest of years but he is still a great player! We need to get a winger that can shoot the puck and hopefully jive with Spezza. As for our defense, they need to pull Corvo and play Wiercoch, use Gryba as our number 7.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Whats wrong with kadri? Murray has shown interest in him before.

Also perron and gagner for spezza before the new year?
Might be hard salary wise because we'd be adding 5.5 mil next year.

Last edited:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Attitude problem with authority.

Also, kinda dumb.

I know a lot of people who grew up with Kadri, he used to be a typical stupid teenager who did stupid teenager things but by all accounts he's grown up a lot and cut a lot of bad influences out of his life. There's no way we are getting him unless we deal Spezza but I think he would be a really great pickup.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Sens fans when spezza is healthy two years ago "spezza is finally a complete two way player!"
Sens fans when spezza is coming off major back surgery "spezza is bad at hockey he's never been a two way player!!!"
This fan base...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You never ever seen a post on these boards about spezza not having a 200 way game? Ever?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
200 foot game* I've never seen a player get flip flopped on. I wonder of all the posters who were singing his praises 2 years ago go back and delete their posts.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You never ever seen a post on these boards about spezza not having a 200 way game? Ever?

I have but that's besides the point.

What I'm saying is that show me where the same Sens fans who said Spezza is playing a complete game are now saying he never did.

See, it's posts like yours who try to act all high and mighty pointing at other fans on false accusations that are just as worse.

I don't mean to sound rude, my friend, it's just funny to see this reoccuring theme pop up from time to time(not from you specifically).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I have but that's besides the point.

What I'm saying is that show me where the same Sens fans who said Spezza is playing a complete game are now saying he never did.

See, it's posts like yours who try to act all high and mighty pointing at other fans on false accusations that are just as worse.

I don't mean to sound rude, my friend, it's just funny to see this reoccuring theme pop up from time to time(not from you specifically).

I'm not the high and mighty type, but everyone here gives off that vibe. It's all black and white here no gray area it seems like. But yea. I can guarentee some of the same fans that praised him two years ago are saying a whole bunch of negative things now. Do you doubt that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad