Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VIII |

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
He was also the guy that called Tim to Buffalo iirc

Does he make a lot of predictions though?

If you're making 100 predictions, eventually a few will come true. IE, at the start of the year, I could have said that I have inside sources and Ottawa wants to move Anderson in the summer when Lehner gets a bridge deal........it doesn't mean I have inside sources if it comes true, it's just a logical prediction.

Unless he broke the news, I'm pretty sure others were mentioning Tim Murray's name for Buffalo's GM spot. That, and it makes sense that a guy in Tim Murray's position would be in the running for that spot.

WhiteLight*

Does he make a lot of predictions though?

If you're making 100 predictions, eventually a few will come true. IE, at the start of the year, I could have said that I have inside sources and Ottawa wants to move Anderson in the summer when Lehner gets a bridge deal........it doesn't mean I have inside sources if it comes true, it's just a logical prediction.

Unless he broke the news, I'm pretty sure others were mentioning Tim Murray's name for Buffalo's GM spot. That, and it makes sense that a guy in Tim Murray's position would be in the running for that spot.

You're being overly sceptical. I think it's lot more plausible that he actually has connections than this^

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
ROR plays wing and is used to the defensive responsibilities of a C. If we somehow landed him, it would mean we have the perfect complement to Spezz...

This. He's playing wing this year IIRC. RoR - Spezza - Stone/Michalek/whoever.

Don't really want to move Methot, but if RoR was on the table for him it would make me think long and hard. There is a lot of depth in this organization on the left side of the D, but we saw what this team looked like before Ceci came up earlier in the year. I'm not sure it would make our team better right now, but I think it would moving forward.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
I do not advocate trading Methot I simply see that the value of ROR is far more then the value of Methot.....

My Ideal trade for ROR would be Conacher Weircioch for ROR

Last edited:

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Sorry, I missed it in here somewhere, but are there actual rumours that the Sens may possibly acquire ROR? Or is it more proposal from a fan?

I see everyone talking about it, but missed the original source of the conversation.

WhiteLight*

I think it's a lot more plausible that you heard something that supports one of your biases and have latched onto it like a remora to a shark.

It was mentioned a while ago and this the first time I mention it. Only because the Avs might be interested in Methot

Like I said, i'd rather move Phillips

YOu'Re wrong FQL, just straight up wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Sorry, I missed it in here somewhere, but are there actual rumours that the Sens may possibly acquire ROR? Or is it more proposal from a fan?

I see everyone talking about it, but missed the original source of the conversation.

There were rumours when the Avs matched that he would be traded once the mandatory 1 year wait was over (which pushes it close to the trade deadline). Basically, if you believe this rumour, the Avs paid way more for him than their budget allows, and his next contract is likely to be even more expensive.

I have seen nothing recently linking him to Ottawa, but apparently Murray did express interest when ROR was still holding out. But take that with a grain of salt, because I'm sure 29 teams would have been interested in a possible trade if he could be had at a reasonable price.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I do not advocate trading Methot I simply see that the value of ROR is far more then the value of Methot.....

My Ideal trade for ROR would be Conacher Weircioch for ROR

Except that comes short of what it'd take to land ROR. We'd have to add 1st to make them consider it. And even then, we'd probably be out bit with that offer.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
For ROR, it may cost Lazar plus a first plus a roster player.

Lazar projects to be a pretty similar player. I just don't like that from an asset management position. O'Rielly is a wonderful player but he seems redundant here. If we're going to make such an investment let's target a guy like Evander Kane, Marcus Foligno or Andrew Ladd who actually fill a need. Hell, even Lupul.

WhiteLight*

Lazar projects to be a pretty similar player. I just don't like that from an asset management position. O'Rielly is a wonderful player but he seems redundant here. If we're going to make such an investment let's target a guy like Evander Kane, Marcus Foligno or Andrew Ladd who actually fill a need.

Lazar ++ for Foligno

:amazed:

no

What's so different about those guys compared to ROR anyway? Especially Ladd. ROR is a better player then all of them

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
If I'm an Avs fan, I'd be FURIOUS if all my team got for RO'R was Conacher & Wiercioch.

I'd be questioning the competency of hockey ops at every level.

Yeah, wherever ROR might go, it's going to be for a hell of a lot more than that.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Lazar ++ for Foligno

:amazed:

no

What's so different about those guys compared to ROR anyway? Especially Ladd. ROR is a better player then all of them

I wouldn't trade Lazar plus for him but I'm sure Buffalo wouldn't be giving him up for cheap. He has a lot of upside as a power forward... I wouldn't mind Nick back either.

Difference between ROR and Ladd would be two cups.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
....and well over 2 years.

That's valid but I really want a veteran who's 'been there done that'. He brings experience that we lack. Love his physical game too. He's one of the only real power forwards in the game.

And just for arguments sake, he was only 24 when he got his second ring.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
That's valid but I really want a veteran who's 'been there done that'. He brings experience that we lack. Love his physical game too. He's one of the only real power forwards in the game.

And just for arguments sake, he was only 24 when he got his second ring.

Ladd is a great player and I would literally jump up and down if we got him. My point is more value related, where ROR's age pushes his value up considerably. Adding him would go a very long way toward replacing whatever it is we seemed to lose for a while there after Alfie left.

Berserker*

Is there an actual rumor that the Sens could be targeting RoR or is this just pure speculation? If we acquired him, that would put us in a much stronger position to trade Spezza, or maybe Spezza would be sent the other way as part of the deal.

There seems to be a lot of speculation that Byuglien wants out of Winnipeg. I think the Sens should go hard after him; he would really help solidify our defence. Wiercioch could be part of the package going the other way, which isn't a huge loss because we already have Ceci and Wiercioch can't even stay in the lineup anyway.

Ladd and Kane would also be good targets out of Winnipeg. I am not sure if either or both of them will get traded, but if they become available Murray should definitely inquire.

We could still use a bit more grit and physicality in our bottom six so maybe we could acquire one of Derek Dorsett, Kyle Clifford or Zack Kassian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad