Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What little weak connection I have to the sports world. Last time I heard talks this widespread was Murray trying to get Sven Bartschi for Bishop(as well as Couturier but I never broke that name).

We may get a lot younger soon enough.

Just remember to vet anything substantial that you can't provide a solid reliable source for with mods first (substantial being something like "My source says it's confirmed Baertschi for Conacher + Gryba + 3rd, book it!" type proclamations).

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Just remember to vet anything substantial that you can't provide a solid reliable source for with mods first (substantial being something like "My source says it's confirmed Baertschi for Conacher + Gryba + 3rd, book it!" type proclamations).

Ah, I'll make sure to pm you first then. However my op did not claim anything was definitely going to happen.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP 19 Dec
@faceto27 not gonna mislead people, Frankie. Just hearing when deal gets done in OTT, won't be small.
Retweeted by SensChirp

Well, now we just have to figure out how reliable Dennis Bernstein is.

He's a member of the Professional Hockey Writers Association, but I'm pretty sure Damian Cox is as well, which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of that organization's credentials.

Who does he cover? He's a Kings guy, right?

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Well, now we just have to figure out how reliable Dennis Bernstein is.

He's a member of the Professional Hockey Writers Association, but I'm pretty sure Damian Cox is as well, which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of that organization's credentials.

Who does he cover? He's a Kings guy, right?

TFP = The Fourth Period

"Hockey's Lifestyle Magazine"

edit: and yes, seems he's based out of LA.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Trades scare me. BM is not very good at them. We dodged a bullet with the Nash trade. Just go over and read what they think about his play. We could have been stuck with that contract for a while.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Ah, I'll make sure to pm you first then. However my op did not claim anything was definitely going to happen.

Oh yeah, for sure. Never said it did... I just know that while some of us HFSens mods know that a few posters may have a minor inside source on things, there might be globals who don't know, so it's just easier to let us know first if you have anything substantial, so if we get asked on the Mods board "Hey, is this ReginKarlssonLehner for real or what?!?", we can say "yeah, he PMed us first, it's all good, let's see where this goes...".

It's just a way we can ensure that total randos don't spam the boards with bogus claims of insider info.

You'se all good, mang.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
TFP = The Fourth Period

"Hockey's Lifestyle Magazine"

AH, ok then.

I know he's based in LA, so maybe he just has a disproportionate amount of Kings info based on his proximity to that team (much like Eklund can usually only ever be trusted with Flyers info, because of his proximity to their guys, though comparing anyone to Eklund is an insult at it's finest, so I apologize for that, Dennis).

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Oh yeah, for sure. Never said it did... I just know that while some of us HFSens mods know that a few posters may have a minor inside source on things, there might be globals who don't know, so it's just easier to let us know first if you have anything substantial, so if we get asked on the Mods board "Hey, is this ReginKarlssonLehner for real or what?!?", we can say "yeah, he PMed us first, it's all good, let's see where this goes...".

It's just a way we can ensure that total randos don't spam the boards with bogus claims of insider info.

You'se all good, mang.

Haha, sounds good, man; will do.

John Holmes*

This place isn't a news organization. It's a message board. This thread especially is completely full of nonsense...but you need to prove that you have a source if you hear something.

:laugh:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This place isn't a news organization. It's a message board. This thread especially is completely full of nonsense...but you need to prove that you have a source if you hear something.

:laugh:

I wasn't a mod when they made the rules, but I'm pretty sure the rule is in place not because we want to pretend we are a news-desk, but because we just want to be sure the place doesn't become a cesspool for every jerkwad and his dog who wants to pretend that they have inside information and mislead everyone.

Besides, that is what Twitter is for. Apparently.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Lose rights if they are not signed by 20

Yes but why?

Typically, well run organizations like the Blues keep potentially appreciable assets under contract; to make use of themselves or parlay into other assets. Yet they let Mr. Hjalmarsson walk out the door after spending a 2nd on him?

Was it, like Bonk vaguely recalls, his choice?

What has changed in the wispy Swede since establishing himself in the SEL?

He was projected as a second or third liner and a reach for where he was selected; has he really exceeded those projections enough to be considered a first line option in the NHL?

If you believe so, how have you made this determination?

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah I love Murray but I don't particularly love his trades for the most part. Hope we don't get bent over if it's true.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He's great at his role, very versatile and has a great contract.

He's not really a liability...but he doesn't bring any energy to the team...he's not an offensive threat, and probably the most casual player ever to play in the NHL...no drive to get to loose pucks...its like he's out there public skating. He's so complacent.

But with guys like Greening and Condra playing like ECHLer's I guess he doesn't appear to be as terrible as he really is...I wish none of the mentioned players were on our roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad