Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothenburg 40*

Jason Spezza & Erik Condra for Travis Zajac & Damien Brunner. Not sure if its totally fair but it could probably shake the team up.

The Fuhr*

Jason Spezza & Erik Condra for Travis Zajac & Damien Brunner. Not sure if its totally fair but it could probably shake the team up.

Zajac's contract is brutal... he makes a million more then Spezza next season

Gothenburg 40*

Travis Zajac is the greatest player of all time, what are you talking about? Haha.

I say you'd have to see him play with the team first. Again, look at the Bobby Ryan trade and tell me you actually thought that was fair when it was first made....and I won't believe you. But look at Ryan now...

WhiteLight*

I like Zajac but his contract is simply brutal. Wouldn't take it for free.

Gothenburg 40*

Zajac's contract is brutal... he makes a million more then Spezza next season

I agree the contract is brutal....truth is it will have to be brutal contract for butal contract imo, but at least Zajac doesn't have the injury problems.

Gothenburg 40*

Plus it's equal amounts of money going both ways, which qualifies it as realistic in my books. My proposals are usually realistic in that sense, as the Sens are a budget team.

WhiteLight*

Plus it's equal amounts of money going both ways, which qualifies it as realistic in my books. My proposals are usually realistic in that sense, as the Sens are a budget team.

The Sens being a budget team means they cannot afford to spend ridiculous mounts of money on 3rd liners

Gothenburg 40*

If were gonna trade Spezza lets make sure to plan ahead, stock pile picks and then crap the bed for McDavid.

I disagree but I say the team improves because Spezza leaves and everything else after that is gravy.

Plus I don't want the team to suck that bad ever, as much as I want McDavid.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Travis Zajac is the greatest player of all time, what are you talking about? Haha.

I say you'd have to see him play with the team first. Again, look at the Bobby Ryan trade and tell me you actually thought that was fair when it was first made....and I won't believe you. But look at Ryan now...

You're not serious, right? Bobby Ryan was playing behind an elite winger in Perry and had little place to show his true talent. Even then he was posting ridiculous numbers.

Zajac has 2 good seasons, that's it.

If were gonna trade Spezza lets make sure to plan ahead, stock pile picks and then crap the bed for McDavid.

Hmmmm, this is very interesting to see. However, I think if you actually take out Spezza(the one from this year) from the roster, Sens are better for it. I don't know if we'll be that sucky.

Gothenburg 40*

You're not serious, right? Bobby Ryan was playing behind an elite winger in Perry and had little place to show his true talent. Even then he was posting ridiculous numbers.

Zajac has 2 good seasons, that's it.

Hmmmm, this is very interesting to see. However, I think if you actually take out Spezza from the roster, Sens are better for it. I don't know if we'll be that sucky.

No I'm not joking. Ignore hindsight and remember what you were thinking about Silfverberg, Noesen and the first. You really thought that was equal value...at the time? And since when is getting ridiculous numbers on a third line in Cali a guarantee he can perform as the guy to go to on a small market Canadian team? I don't believe anyone thought it was equal. Yes we knew we were getting a star but imo the Ryan trade is more lopsided than mine. And who would care about Zajac's past numbers or contract if the trade worked. It's just a thought.

WhiteLight*

''turned'' makes me think of the Walking Dead lol

zombie-walker-the-walking-dead.jpg

Michalek

WhiteLight*

If you trade Spezza for young players and prop sects, you can sign a free agent with the money you save.

UFA + prospects >>> Zajac

Gothenburg 40*

If you trade Spezza for young players and prop sects, you can sign a free agent with the money you save.

UFA + prospects >>> Zajac

I'd LOVE to trade Spezza for prospects or picks, but who would do that? I'd like to get Shea Weber for Jason Spezza as well..........

The Fuhr*

I agree the contract is brutal....truth is it will have to be brutal contract for butal contract imo, but at least Zajac doesn't have the injury problems.

Spezza has a wicked deal with out internal budget.
5 million this season
4 million next season

Find me a UFA age 70+ point player for 4-5 million? Not going to find many

The Fuhr*

I'd LOVE to trade Spezza for prospects or picks, but who would do that? I'd like to get Shea Weber for Jason Spezza as well..........

Spezza is easily affordable by any team in the league.

Even cap floor teams can find the 4.5 million this season and next for Spezza.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Spezza has a wicked deal with out internal budget.
5 million this season
4 million next season

Find me a UFA age 70+ point player for 4-5 million? Not going to find many

Yea but IF Spezza is regressing, his point totals may mean nothing if he keeps leting in twice as many with bad puck possession numbers.

Kesler has similar cap hit, good point totals and overall game. That trade could work for both teams.

WhiteLight*

Minnesota, Toronto, St. Louis, NY Rangers, Montreal, Vancouver, hell maybe even Washington, Nashville, Phoenix, Dallas and Wiinnipeg… I could see a bunch of those teams being interested in Spezza and no, they wouldn't all be trying to dump off their salary dumps for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad