Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IX Hemsky rumor post #700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
I can't wait until the Sens trade for Hemsky. This board will explode. Actually, that pretty much applies to any trade or signing the Sens have made! Awww, good times.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'm down with Greening for Hemsky. Even if Hemsky doesn't work out and he goes UFA this summer, we rid ourselves of Greening's hideous contract.

Greening is far from useless, but his money can be better spent elsewhere.

Risk is that Hemsky breaks himself again and we go into the (fingers crossed) playoffs minus either of them. As noted, Greening does hit, and his physicality is nice to have in the playoffs where he tends to play the body harder.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm dubious about Hemsky being an impact player anymore.

I'd say the vast majority of these veteran but expendable offensive player trade deadline deals do not have a positive impact on the team - whether it be from chemistry issues, the player not figuring out the system in time, or simply the pressure of delivering on a playoff team.

Comrie and Cullen seem to be the best that we've had - and they've largely provided secondary support, but we've also had guys like Arnason, Calder and Bondra whose contribution was negligible.

thefatjesus*

Since when doea Hemsky 'win games' lol im not saying hes gonna hurt our team, im just saying he wont really improve it especially because he has a high riak of injury. Id go after a power forward type, because if they arnt scoring goals there winning puck battles for Spezz and Stone

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I'm down with Greening for Hemsky. Even if Hemsky doesn't work out and he goes UFA this summer, we rid ourselves of Greening's hideous contract.

Greening is far from useless, but his money can be better spent elsewhere.

Risk is that Hemsky breaks himself again and we go into the (fingers crossed) playoffs minus either of them. As noted, Greening does hit, and his physicality is nice to have in the playoffs where he tends to play the body harder.

I think he can be had as a rental giving up something they sorely need and what we have in overabundance: defence.

I think someone like Gryba or Hoffman can be moved in a rental type deal.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
gp g a pts +/- pm pp sh gw s s%
ALES HEMSKY 48 7 17 24 -11 16 1 0 1 84 8.3

MILAN MICHALEK 47 7 12 19 -19 16 2 0 0 96 7.3
CORY CONACHER 45 4 11 15 7 24 0 0 1 56 7.1
ERIK CONDRA 41 5 6 11 2 16 0 0 0 51 9.8
COLIN GREENING 47 4 5 9 -6 29 2 0 1 63 6.3
CHRIS NEIL 42 5 1 6 -5 99 0 0 0 54 9.3
MARK STONE 5 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 7 14.3
JG PAGEAU 21 2 0 2 -5 10 0 0 0 23 8.7
MATT KASSIAN 23 0 1 1 0 27 0 0 0 9 0.0

So he's not better then any of them????????? Keep in mind he plays on the worst deffensive team in the league.........

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I would personally like to see Wiercioch moved in a package for a slightly better player than some of the proposals I'm seeing. I really love Wiercioch's game, and I think it is almost criminal that he is not a regular NHL guy by now. This is especially true with his contract. If another team that needs a puck moving D is willing to give us something we could use, even in the short term, I think we should do it. That would probably be the best thing for the team and player at this point.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Based on what? One player does not make a team. Is Taylor Hall a bad player because Edmonton is a bad team? Is Ryan Miller? Is Shea Weber? Is John Tavares? Your logic is great as always.

Spare me this type of reply and personal attacks please.

Using your comparatives for players in comparable postions over last season and to-date this season.

Semin (29) GP78 18G 43A 62Pts $7M/yr
Hall (22) GP87 34G 61A 95Pts $6M/yr
Tavares (23) GP95 49G 54A 103Pts $5.5M/yr

All playing on "bad" teams, yet two of these players are over a PPG and making less money than Semin.

Still you question why I don't believe he is worth $7M.

Post all the stats you want, but it doesn't necessarily support your opinions.

Here's a stat from last night,

Mike Schopp ‏@Schopptalk
Last night's analytics leaders:
Best possession teams, 5 on 5: Vancouver 57%. (Lost 9-1.)
Best possession player, 5 on 5: John Scott, 83%.

obviously they don't tell the whole story.

You are entitled to your opinion, but Semin has been one of the more effective NHLers in the league for a long time now. What do you think that Bobby Ryan is going to command in a contract? Semin is better than Ryan.

Its not about what Semin was prior to the Canes signing him, its about what he has achieved since.

What Ryan may ask for in his next contract doesn't in any way justify paying Semin $42M/6 years for so many reasons.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wonder if Phoenix would be willing to part with Michalek? I know that Michalek has expressed that he really enjoys playing with his brother as opposed to against him. Re-sign Michalek for a friendly contract and trade for his brother. Then give something not substatial up to acquire a veteran forward (like a Hemsky, Umberger or Cammalleri).

Leaving a D-corps moving forward looking like this:

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Phillips - Michalek

Then next year you can replace Phillips with Wiercioch or Borowiecki since I don't think he'll be re-signed (could be wrong though, he is well respected).

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
What Ryan may ask for in his next contract doesn't in any way justify paying Semin $42M/6 years for so many reasons.

Well, the thing about Semin that came through last time he was a UFA is that he is not afraid to sit until someone caves and gives him what he wants. He was a UFA for a long time before the Canes finally bit the bullet and took a shot on him, and the Canes definitely did not receive any type of panic discount on that contract.

Whether he is as good as Ryan, or gets the same contract, is a different story. He wont get Ryan money, but he will get a raise from him current deal.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Its not about what Semin was prior to the Canes signing him, its about what what he has achieved since.

Semin was better before his contract, and has been better since his contract, than Bobby Ryan. Semin was one of the best wingers in the league as early as last year.

I don't think this topic needs to be a Semin discussion topic though. We can agree to disagree and move on. Carolina is quite fond of him because he's a great player.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I would personally like to see Wiercioch moved in a package for a slightly better player than some of the proposals I'm seeing. I really love Wiercioch's game, and I think it is almost criminal that he is not a regular NHL guy by now. This is especially true with his contract. If another team that needs a puck moving D is willing to give us something we could use, even in the short term, I think we should do it. That would probably be the best thing for the team and player at this point.

I agree if the Sens have no plans for Weircoich in the near future.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Well, the thing about Semin that came through last time he was a UFA is that he is not afraid to sit until someone caves and gives him what he wants. He was a UFA for a long time before the Canes finally bit the bullet and took a shot on him, and the Canes definitely did not receive any type of panic discount on that contract.

Whether he is as good as Ryan, or gets the same contract, is a different story. He wont get Ryan money, but he will get a raise from him current deal.

If I read this correctly you believe Semin will get more than $7M at age 33?

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Semin was better before his contract, and has been better since his contract, than Bobby Ryan. Semin was one of the best wingers in the league as early as last year.

I don't think this topic needs to be a Semin discussion topic though. We can agree to disagree and move on. Carolina is quite fond of him because he's a great player.

We definitely disagree, isn't the first time and probably not the last.

Glad Carolina management shared their opinion of Semin with you. :sarcasm:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
If I read this correctly you believe Semin will get more than $7M at age 33?

I don't believe he will play here for less, but I fully admit that this is a gut feeling and not based on anything but how I have read his past negotiations when he was a UFA. In my opinion, if he does not get 7 per here he is a guy that could make the jump back to a European league.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Im okay with trading him but not just for the sake of trading him..... if he gets us something we need sure. If not I'd just as soon have a deeper blueline by keeping him..

Agree again.

Considering the bottom pairing will be Gryba and Boro if the Sens don't re-sign Murray it would be pretty foolish to trade Weircoich.

Personally I wish Murray would find a taker for Corvo so MacLean has one fewer D to rotate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad