Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IX Hemsky rumor post #700

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I am intrigued by Hemsky, and wonder what kind of bounce in his step he'll have getting out of Edmonton. We could use a top 6 winger.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
You would not take him at 5M (2M retain)? How much will a top 6 F cost in this CBA?

they wont eat the money tho. or id say yes

No to hemsky. Not the type of player the senators need.

for the right price he might be a hell of an addition...if he doesnt cost us a roster player he makes us better.

What type is he and which are the players that we need?

he is something we need hed play well as a speedy play meker to get spezza pucks in shooting possitions and he pulls heat players watch him when hes on the ice which distracts them from the slower moving spezza.....seems like itd work to me....

thefatjesus*

Hemsky is the worst proposed guy to go after ive read on here. Hes small injury prone and doesnt really acore anymore.. we can do a lot better.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Agree with Aragon. Would not trade greening for hemsky.
Hemsky for a 3rd? Ya ok.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
HockeyCentral just noted that Hemsky was told to fly back to Edmonton. He won't be in the line-up for the Oil/Wild game tonight.

The Edmonton Oilers have sent forward Ales Hemsky back to Edmonton to have his injured ankle evaluated.

Hemsky left the Oilers' Tuesday night loss to the Dallas Stars in the second period and did not return.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
my thoughts on bringing in Hemsky in a nut shell
Hemsky > Pageau
Hemsky > Michalek
Hemsky > Kassian
Hemsky > Condra
Hemsky > Stone
Hemsky > Greening
Hemsky > Neil
Hemsky > Conacher
...............................Better then half of our present forwards but doesnt make us better.............explain please? Hes also bigger then a few of those guys...... Not that that means much....Also if we can get him (a top 6 forward) for as little as is being said then take into account the fact that he will be able to be resigned for less then his present dollars then give him the chance to play with Spezza a better centre then he's ever played with Im thinkin he could wind up being the steal of the year.....

Last edited:

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Kane and Hall are the only two appealing LW's on none playoff teams .

If this team is looking for a LW the other options are :
Gabby - But he's broken
Vanek - But Isles paid a bunch for him
Cammaleri - He sucks team worst -20 and he's small

What else is there?

Have to look beyond FAs.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Hemsky > Pageau
Hemsky > Michalek
Hemsky > Kassian
Hemsky > Condra
Hemsky > Stone
Hemsky > Greening
Hemsky > Neil
Hemsky > Conacher
...............................Better then half of our present forwards but doesnt make us better.............explain please? Hes also bigger then a few of those guys...... Not that that means much....

Pageau is in the AHL so he's only bigger than Conacher.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Wow, I just can't believe how many people here are so willing to trade Greening. Obviously people don't appreciate everything Greening does on & off the ice in Ottawa including he is one of the few players who can play with Spezza. If history has shown us anything it's that BM usually likes to add without subtracting from his NHL roster. However, given the financial situation who knows what will happen this yr? My guess is that it could be a Puempel for Hemsky deal, if it happens.

Count me in as someone who doesn't appreciate everything Greening does on the ice.

If he was a better penalty killer or got more points I'd like him more, he's just kind of stuck in between being useless offensively and not being that good defensively. I just think we could replace him pretty easily with someone from Bingo.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Also if we can get him (a top 6 forward) for as little as is being said then take into account the fact that he will be able to be resigned for less then his present dollars then give him the chance to play with Spezza a better centre then he's ever played with Im thinkin he could wind up being the steal of the year.....

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Count me in as someone who doesn't appreciate everything Greening does on the ice.

If he was a better penalty killer or got more points I'd like him more, he's just kind of stuck in between being useless offensively and not being that good defensively. I just think we could replace him pretty easily with someone from Bingo.

I wish I could agree with you....... But there is no one down there that is as effective physically as he is..... he brings alot of sand paper...one of the league leaders in hits..

thefatjesus*

Hemsky > Pageau
Hemsky > Michalek
Hemsky > Kassian
Hemsky > Condra
Hemsky > Stone
Hemsky > Greening
Hemsky > Neil
Hemsky > Conacher
...............................Better then half of our present forwards but doesnt make us better.............explain please? Hes also bigger then a few of those guys...... Not that that means much....Also if we can get him (a top 6 forward) for as little as is being said then take into account the fact that he will be able to be resigned for less then his present dollars then give him the chance to play with Spezza a better centre then he's ever played with Im thinkin he could wind up being the steal of the year.....

Well if your using points to say whos "better" than okay, but in.termw od value to our team id rather have Neil, Greening, Pageau, Milo, Conacher, Stone and even Kassassin cuz we all know Hemsky cant fight. So no... hes not "better" than half our team LOL

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Correct we don't need a soft perimeter player. I think if Murray wanted him he would already be here, wouldn't take much to get him or a Fleischman type but they will go AWOL in the playoffs.

His only appearance in the playoffs outside of his rookie year was quite positive. It's hard to evaluate how good he can be now given he plays in the ****storm that is Edmonton. The talent is still there. Take him out of that cesspool and give him something to play for and he might improve his level of play again. Not much to lose given he's a UFA.

thefatjesus*

If hemsky os better than half our team how the hell do we even have a chance to make the playoffs haha

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Well if your using points to say whos "better" than okay, but in.termw od value to our team id rather have Neil, Greening, Pageau, Milo, Conacher, Stone and even Kassassin cuz we all know Hemsky cant fight. So no... hes not "better" than half our team LOL

Im using the impact the player can have on his teams ability to win games I dont wanna give up any of them for him but he certainly isnt going to hurt the team by being here.....

His only appearance in the playoffs outside of his rookie year was quite positive. It's hard to evaluate how good he can be now given he plays in the ****storm that is Edmonton. The talent is still there. Take him out of that cesspool and give him something to play for and he might improve his level of play again. Not much to lose given he's a UFA.

Completely agree..

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hemsky > Pageau
Hemsky > Michalek
Hemsky > Kassian
Hemsky > Condra
Hemsky > Stone
Hemsky > Greening
Hemsky > Neil
Hemsky > Conacher

You havent watched the oilers in awhile.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Hemsky could really use a change of scenery, may give Spezza someone to play with too.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
should do greening for hemsky and a pick. greening has been playing better and his size will be useful in the playoffs but at the same time he is not worth 2.5 million next year and we should do that trade for flexibility alone

thefatjesus*

Since when doea Hemsky 'win games' lol im not saying hes gonna hurt our team, im just saying he wont really improve it especially because he has a high riak of injury. Id go after a power forward type, because if they arnt scoring goals there winning puck battles for Spezz and Stone

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Hemsky > Pageau
Hemsky > Michalek
Hemsky > Kassian
Hemsky > Condra
Hemsky > Stone
Hemsky > Greening
Hemsky > Neil
Hemsky > Conacher

Sorry but this is laughable. The only guys he maybe better than on this list are role players like Condra and Kassian. How do you compare a checker and fighter to an offensive player ? The other six players I wouldn't trade straight up for Hemsky IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad