Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IX Hemsky rumor post #700

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Part VIII went over 1000 posts... I have a feeling Part IX is going to be pretty amazing! I hear Cuba Gooding Jr might make a cameo! It could happen! Snow Dogs!

1) Discuss all rumors and/or proposals here.
2) Old thread can be found here, in case you're the kind of person who likes to live in the past, which is totally fine if that's your thing. I'm sure MAK has a dinger of a Spezza proposal in there somewhere, and odds are good that someone is trying to give away Michalek for free, essentially. I probably have a "Get Kassian Off The Team" post buried in there, too... it's a mixed bag, baby: dig in.
3) Posts complaining about the format of the thread can get bent.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
I'd like to make my first proposal.

Karlsson for stamkos.

Last edited:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Karlsson for stamkos.
downgrade :sarcasm:

iba8iC5XhLHORp.gif

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Dan Séguin ‏@SeguinSports 2m
Murray says he's not moving Curtis Lazar but would be willing to trade player(s) fighting for ice time for a veteran top 6 forward

Huh. I still see a D as a more pressing need, but maybe BM realizes he can't get a top 4 guy at the price he is willing to pay.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Huh. I still see a D as a more pressing need, but maybe BM realizes he can't get a top 4 guy at the price he is willing to pay.

you see the difference between BM and TM? TM would not get all giddy after a 4 game win streak thinking odds are on them to win the cup.
guess what? there is still work to be done. but don't tell BM that.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa

Exactly what I was thinking. We don't have a problem scoring goals. We need help keeping them out. Our D and goaltending have improved since the start of the year but I think we need a veteran D before we start talking about being a contender.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
you see the difference between BM and TM? TM would not get all giddy after a 4 game win streak thinking odds are on them to win the cup.

TM has never been giddy

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Dan Séguin ‏@SeguinSports 38m

Murray says the objective is for the team to win a championship while he's still the GM. #cbcott

Buckle up.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

I have noticed a lot of sens fans here talking out of their ass recently

TM has never been a gm before so how in the world do you know what he would do?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Fighting to make the playoffs =/> Odds are on them to make the cup

Wouldn't making a trade for a top 6 center be considered work being done?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Cammileri/moulson-spezza-stone/Greening
Macarthur-turris-ryan
Michalek-zibby-conacher
Condra-smith-neil

Cowen-karlsson
Methot-ceci
Phillips - corvo/gryba/weir

Andy
Lehner

I think that is a East contending lineup

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

players fighting for ice time may include:

kassian
pageau
condra
greening
neil
hoffman
da costa
boro
wiercioch
gryba
o'brien
wideman
conacher

obviously, there are quite a few players there with little to no value. if the possibility of us combining lesser assets (hoffman, da costa, o'brien, wideman...) to get a middle six/second line veteran to play on spezza's lw from a rebuilding team is there, we should inquire.

if the asking price is wiercioch, we should absolutely not do it, regardless of who that veteran is (unless murray's definition of veteran is no longer a 33-40 year old. if we're inquiring about a 26-28 year old legit top six forward/not too old player that can be a first liner, weir could be on the table)

all the other players on the list i'd move for a veteran top six/second line forward, though with varying degrees of comfort (pageau and conacher would be tough pills to swallow. gryba would be a little uncomfortable, as would neil. condra has been playing very well, and it's well documented that i like him, so i'd be uncomfortable moving him. i like greening, but his contract...) pageau + for a certain player from calgary would be quite attractive to me.

pageau + greening + 2nd?
pageau + wiercioch? (too much? kinda feels like too much)
pageau + conacher (conacher playing very strongly, don't really want to move him)

not sure where cammalleri's value is at. i think flames fans are at the point where they either want to keep him, or they won't trade him for anything less than a first. so we have to at least replicate the value of a first from a contender. i don't really know calgary's needs, outside of them being a rebuilding team and young players, prospects, and picks are attractive to them. i don't know what positions are needs for them.

macarthur - turris - ryan
cammalleri - spezza - stone
conacher/replacement - zibby - michalek
greening/replacement - smith - condra

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think Moulson will be a target for the Sens, but I could see guys like Stafford, Fleischmann, Cammalleri and Glencross being on the radar.

Though I really hope that they see RoR as a possibility. If Winnipeg ends up moving some players and guys like Ladd, Kane and Wheeler are in the mix they're also guys I would love to see on the Sens.

Guys I could see being up on the block: Pageau, Stone, Wiercioch, Gryba and then guys like Hoffman, Da Costa, Puempel, Prince etc. down in Bingo. Should be interesting to see what Murray can do.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I know im gonna catch a lot of slack for saying this but has anyone noticed since the whole team USA thing Ryan has not been very good. Looks disengaged. (I know he forechecked hard that one play which led to a Macarthur goal). In general though has looked out of it. Makes me question his psyche just a little bit. I get someone he looked up to talked smack about him but he is a pro making a lot A LOT of money.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Buckle up.

'Oh my heavens!'

I guess things are going to start happening rather quickly. Murray must be pumped up from his contract extension.

I enjoy that we have a GM who cares. If he can pry open Euge's wallet a bit more, which by the sounds of it he is beginning to do, then game on.

We have our goalie performing again. Karl is back to mostly normal. Ryan is Ryan. We have 2 emerging centres, something critical if we want to win anything. These are all good pieces. If Ottawa can get another top 6 and a top 4 D, watch out. Obviously these things are notoriously difficult to acquire. I doubt we get another D before the deadline this season, and I don't think it's yet time to blindly wave the pom poms and plan the parade, but a top 6 acquisition is very realistic as more teams begin to drop out of the race.

Murray is saying we are available and willing to part ways with some young guys. Just don't go full Muckler, please.

I'm ready and willing to put these prospects into play:
Stone
Puempel
Pageau
Prince
Gyrba
Weircioch (would like to keep but if need be)
Driedger
Petersson
Boro
Claesson
Hoffman

I would say Conacher but the whole chemistry with Zib thing is too good to ruin right now.

Ottawa has a lot of young guys (and old vets but that's besides the point) who we can easily give up. Unfortunately, our blue chip prospect pool is running thin with only Lazar and Lehner in there. The others have been traded (Silf) or have graduated (Zib, Ceci), so getting an elite talent may be difficult to pull off without making another big hole in the roster.

I wonder which prospects are Tim's favourites. Maybe we can get Moulson. Too bad he is UFA though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad