Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
We are a top 6 forward short. Why trade a top 6 forward to get another one? I find it incredible illogical when people use Michalek as trade bait because Ottawa wants to acquire a top 6 forward.

Michalek makes 6mil and is an upcoming UFA. Probably wont be with the Sens next season anyways.

Erat makes 3.75mil this season and 2.5 mil next season. At worst Erat is as good as Michalek. Michalek will make more than 2.5mil next season.

We're a budget team. This trade is amazing for the budget. Opens up more trade opportunities and the ability to call up a player.

Oh, and Erat has knee's.

YOW

Nov 17, 2013
oceanview cabin
Michalek makes 6mil and is an upcoming UFA. Probably wont be with the Sens next season anyways.

Erat makes 3.75mil this season and 2.5 mil next season. At worst Erat is as good as Michalek. Michalek will make more than 2.5mil next season.

We're a budget team. This trade is amazing for the budget. Opens up more trade opportunities and the ability to call up a player.

Oh, and Erat has knee's.

Question- as much as I'd love to find a dance partner for Michalek isn't this the rub? His knees are gone. Who the heck is going to trade anything for this guy and his contract?
Maybe I'm crazy but isn't it the worst kept secret in the NHL?

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
3.75 and 2.5

Erat makes 3.75mil this season and 2.5 mil next season.

is my capgeek broken?

AM42T5q.png

edit: lol, my screencap sucks. too lazy to edit though

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Martin Erat

Pros:
- actual dollars are lower than cap hit
- has excellent possession numbers
- Has a history of being a good offensive player (historically a 50pt/year guy), can shoot & pass.
- Can play either wing

Cons:
- Questionable defensively
- Awful offensively this season, couldn't even score on a line with Ovechkin & Backstrom
- 32 years old
- has now demanded a trade twice, with two different teams, within the same calendar year. Possible damaged goods.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Top 4 dman is the most important part. I don't care if he is a shut down guy or a puck mover, that just changes who plays on the 2nd unit. I would prefer a shutdown-Wiercioch pairing though

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I would absolutely LOVE Erat.

He could be dynamite with Turris and Ryan allowing us to move MacArthur with Spezza who have looked good in few shifts.

Also, Erat could be just as good with Spezza.

Erat plays great hockey with possession style teams not the quick run and gun like Washington. I could see Detroit going hard after Erat.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
nevermind. I was flat out wrong.

you edited this literally right before i quoted it. i was about to put all the blame on capgeek and call them bush league. you coulda saved face, but instead you had to be a man and own up. how could you? :shakehead

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A bit of a concern that he would ask for a trade twice in his career. I would approach Erat with caution. The dressing room is fragile enough.

WhiteLight*

Erat and Brouwer for Michalek and Greening

Before you guys say it's awful for the Caps, both Erat and and Brouwer have been struggling HARD this year. Erat doesn't have a goal, has a 4.5 cap hit for the next two years and has demanded a trade. He is worse than Michalek and has very low value.

Brouwer, while better than Greening, also gets paid a fair amount more than him.

It's fair. good change of scenery trade for all involved.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Erat would make these boards even more entertaining. People were speculating that Ryan would not resign with us within minutes of the trade last summer, even though he only had good things to say about coming here, and even though it is impossible to extend him now under current contract rules. If Martin "TRADE ME NOW" Erat walks through the door people on this board are literally going to **** their pants.

Gothenburg 40*

Mika Zibanejad for Zach Bogosian. Would be a very hard trade to make but might be exactly what the Senators need.

Gothenburg 40*

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Michalek Spezza Stone
Conacher Smith Neil
Greening Grant Condra
Kassian

Methot Karlsson
Wiercioch Bogosian
Cowen Phillips
Borowiecki Gryba
Corvo/Ceci

Lehner
Anderson

....Think about it!

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
If I am wrong I will admit it.:(

That's a rare things these days. I'm the same way as you. I was wrong once. I thought I made a mistake but when I double checked I found out I was wrong and I admitted it right away.

btw) On one of the tv sports shows they referred to Erat as a centre

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
even though it's Zibanejad, I don't think it's a hard trade to make in the slightest for our POV

I agree. Both are not likely to be a 1C or 1D though both have that potential, they probably top out as a 2D, and 2C / 1-2 wing, but at this point Bogo is more proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad