Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Johnson has been less effective then michalek in thereindividual roles and columbus could use the offencive bump that michalek could bring........ trade makes sence to me.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We don't need Jack Johnson or anyone else for that matter. We need an established top 3-4 defender not someone who is a mystery defensively.

Also, Lol @ Spezza to Montreal. Galchenyuk is their future 1C followed by Plek and Eller. They have no need for Spezza.

If Spezza is dealt, look for 2nd line C/Great top 6 winger and top 3 defender coming back. Anything else and we don't need it.

Shattenkirk and Berglund/Schwartz/Oshie(I wish)

Kane and Enstrom/Bogosian

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The sooner the fans of this team realize that Spezza is no longer our #1C, the easier it will be to let him go. I know he has been with the club a long time, but a fact is a fact. Turris is our #1, and Spezza is now replaceable. We need to cash him out for players who will help this team in other areas.

Turris, Zibby, Smith is a fine 1-2-3 down the center. Let Spezza fetch us a top 6 winger, and a top 4 Dman to make this a competitive team.

Turris is nowhere near the center Spezza is. Turris is on a line that works, that's it. It is ridiculous to suggest that Spezza has lost his game. A healthy Spezza is a top 10 player in the league. He has been carrying the offense on this team for a long time. It's not his fault his linemates suck.

When you look at how well the Turris line is playing it is because Mac and Ryan. Turris benefits most. Put Turris with Michalek and Conacher and if he still performs like a #1C at a point a game then you have something.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
We don't need Jack Johnson or anyone else for that matter. We need an established top 3-4 defender not someone who is a mystery defensively.

Also, Lol @ Spezza to Montreal. Galchenyuk is their future 1C followed by Plek and Eller. They have no need for Spezza.

If Spezza is dealt, look for 2nd line C/Great top 6 winger and top 3 defender coming back. Anything else and we don't need it.

so lets say this trade happens with edmonton you think we get hemsky gagner and petry back?
Or from the flames wed get cammellari stemniak and wideman back? From Florida Upshall Huberdu and gilbert back? or carolina semin j stall and faulk...... just listing off some of the more likely options which would you take.......

Last edited:

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Johnson has been less effective then michalek in thereindividual roles and columbus could use the offencive bump that michalek could bring........ trade makes sence to me.

Isnt Michalek basically like Gaborik with Gaborik being better, both plays speed game, Gaborik with better shot but both are injury prone

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
......... We wont get that much for him.......

Spezza is a PPG center.

The only reason I see Ottawa trading him in the first place is cause he doesn't fit the make-up of the team and what they're trying to instill in their system.

He is definitely worth Shattenkirk+Berglund/Schwartz and even +.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Isnt Michalek basically like Gaborik with Gaborik being better, both plays speed game, Gaborik with better shot but both are injury prone

Michalek stopped playing a speed game like 5 or 6 years ago. Now hes a net crasher and board battler.

WhiteLight*

Spezza is a PPG center.

The only reason I see Ottawa trading him in the first place is cause if he doesn't fit the make-up of the team.

He is definitely worth Shattenkirk+Berglund/Schwartz and even +.

Gorges and Gallagher is better than that package, especially if it's Berglund.

You said top 3 D and top 6 winger. Gorges is a #3 and Gallagher is top 6. There you go.

Bergevin is looking to make a big splash for a top player.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I agree and that can be said for many players when things go south. Hard to figure out what you have :)

When you base things on their careers it is not that hard. Yes, Phillips is slowing down but he has always been a good shut down player when paired with a capable partner.

He has never rode the coat tails of his line mates and on a good team he showed that. Pair Phillips with Karlsson and that leaves extremely glaring holes out there. Phillips can't play 25 minutes a night.

Players who have no roles on bad teams usually don't make good teams:)

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Gorges and Gallagher is better than that package, especially if it's Berglund.

You said top 3 D and top 6 winger. Gorges is a #3 and Gallagher is top 6. There you go.

Bergevin is looking to make a big splash for a top player.

Thats absolutely atrocious. Gorges is a bottom end #3 (if that) and Gallagher a tweener. Its hilarious that Spezza is even being mentioned in a sentence with those two. You think Montreal would trade us Galchenyuk in 10 years for Methot and Puempel?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Thats absolutely atrocious. Gorges is a bottom end #3 (if that) and Gallagher a tweener. Its hilarious that Spezza is even being mentioned in a sentence with those two. You think Montreal would trade us Galchenyuk in 10 years for Methot and Puempel?

Gallagher is no where near a tweener and Gorgeous is a great complementary number 4 who could do very well alongside a Karlsson.

However, that package is not enough for Spezza. Switch Eller for Gallagher and add a first.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Gallagher is no where near a tweener and Gorgeous is a great complementary number 4 who could do very well alongside a Karlsson.

However, that package is not enough for Spezza. Switch Eller for Gallagher and add a first.

Meh, Gallagher has score 8 more points in the NHL than Conacher. He's a 4th or 5th winger at this point.

To reply to Sens Mile below, I just think Kassian will end up being the most useful player long term. Probably doesn't change anything this year.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Every time I see Gallagher I want to punch the TV.

I also have no interest in Kassian. We have a useless Kassian already. No need for two.

WhiteLight*

Did you just compare Gallagher to Puempel :help:
what is this

The proposal also included a 2nd

Michalek + Conacher for Booth + Kassian

I wouldn't be throwing out the word atrocious when you come up with this

The Fuhr*

If we had money

Cowan + Greening + Puempel

For

Campbell + Fleichman

Status
Not open for further replies.