Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothenburg 40*

Bogosian wont be going anywhere.

I agree it's far-fetched at best. My first proposal was trading for Zach Redmond (another right shooting d-man for the Jets). I actually think he'd be perfect for the Sens, but same logic goes with that proposal.... would the Jets actually do this? Probably not. Also no one responded when I suggested Redmond the first time (I suggested something like Hoffman and a pick for him)... possibly because no one knows about him? He's young and largely unproven but so far his numbers are good and it seems to me like Winnipeg is the ideal trading partner for Ottawa right now, as they have many right handed d and we have many inexpensive forward prospects. Possible win-win for both.

Gothenburg 40*

Also it'd be cool have a potential Methot-man and Redmond defensive pairing hehe

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I agree. Both are not likely to be a 1C or 1D though both have that potential, they probably top out as a 2D, and 2C / 1-2 wing, but at this point Bogo is more proven.

I don't think anyone believes that Zibanejad has #1 C potential.

Meanwhile I think Bogosian has a realistic shot at becoming a #1 D.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Also it'd be cool have a potential Methot-man and Redmond defensive pairing hehe

In all seriousness, don't know much about him, but his scouting report is promising. One has to wonder why Winnipeg would trade away a young PMD though, and what it'd take to acquire him.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
looks like greening is going to be scratched for the game vs the caps....this effectively kills what little value he had left

WhiteLight*

looks like greening is going to be scratched for the game vs the caps....this effectively kills what little value he had left

No, he's done a suburb job of doing that all on his own thank you very much

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
First, I don't get why BM wants a defenceman when he has 8 defencemen in Ottawa. Why the hell did he sign Corvo? He doesn't play him & he is taking up money that could have been used for something else. They are rotating guys in & out of the lineup not so much because of the way they are playing but to give them some ice time. Why have they not sent someone to Bingo yet? Conacher & Gryba could have both been sent to Bingo & IMO Conacher should have been sent down a while ago & that would have saved them some cash.

Second, Greening isn't paid to score goals, he is a defensive forward who is paid to stop goals & is doing a decent job defensively plus he leads the team in hits. Why do so many want Greening out but say nothing against Conacher who was brought in to score goals but isn't? I don't see Conacher on the PK, I do see Greening though. I don't see Conacher on the ice when they want to preserve a one goal lead, I see Greening though. Greening is bigger, tougher, better defensively & not a liability on the ice the way Conacher is & neither is scoring goals, Greening is the better player. Condra isn't scoring either & Greening does everything Condra does plus he hits & can fight yet no one says anything about Condra. Get rid of those two, not Greening.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Mika Zibanejad for Zach Bogosian. Would be a very hard trade to make but might be exactly what the Senators need.

Hmmm, this is definitely interesting. Ya'll know I love Zibanejad but Bogosian could be special in his respective position as well. Also fills very dire need that could be here longterm.

I don't know. In terms of value I'd do it.

However with Spezza's uncertainty and such, it will depend on how highly Ottawa thinks of Lazar, Cowen and Spezza's future with this team.

Bogosian-Karlsson
Methot-Wiercioch

That looks pretty sick. But then we got Cowen. I guess if Cowen develops then we'll be able to trade him for a Zibanejad like player back if we need that.

We also got Ceci in the wings.

It's interesting for sure.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
First, I don't get why BM wants a defenceman when he has 8 defencemen in Ottawa. Why the hell did he sign Corvo? He doesn't play him & he is taking up money that could have been used for something else. They are rotating guys in & out of the lineup not so much because of the way they are playing but to give them some ice time. Why have they not sent someone to Bingo yet? Conacher & Gryba could have both been sent to Bingo & IMO Conacher should have been sent down a while ago & that would have saved them some cash.

Second, Greening isn't paid to score goals, he is a defensive forward who is paid to stop goals & is doing a decent job defensively plus he leads the team in hits. Why do so many want Greening out but say nothing against Conacher who was brought in to score goals but isn't? I don't see Conacher on the PK, I do see Greening though. I don't see Conacher on the ice when they want to preserve a one goal lead, I see Greening though. Greening is bigger, tougher, better defensively & not a liability on the ice the way Conacher is & neither is scoring goals, Greening is the better player. Condra isn't scoring either & Greening does everything Condra does plus he hits & can fight yet no one says anything about Condra. Get rid of those two, not Greening.

thing is though, his extension was based off of his offensive production as well, for a 4th liner greening is doing good but not what we signed him for in terms of an extension, and for a team on a budget thats what makes it worse.

fact is that when your getting out scored by erik condra, there is a problem especially if you are making that much money as soon as next season

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Dreger just tweeted that Gryba, Greening and Condra were offered for Del Zotto. Would have been awesome.

Shows how they value our guys. That said taking on 3 NHL contracts at once while only losing one would be hard for any team. The players they receive would have to be equal or hopefully better than the guys they would be dropping from their active roster. For the Sens it would really open things up for some of the Bingo prospects but it's hard to see how it would benefit the Rangers.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
thats way too optimistic at this stage

also per dreger (not the best source)

ottawa offered up condra+gryba+greening for del zotto but rangers said no

This is the tweet,
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 18m
No match between Sens and NYR on Del Zotto. Told Ott made Gryba, Greening and Condra available. Fit wasn't right for NYR.

Doesn't mean all 3. To me, it means that NYR could made a deal around the players, depending on need. available is not the same as +++

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
This is the tweet,
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 18m
No match between Sens and NYR on Del Zotto. Told Ott made Gryba, Greening and Condra available. Fit wasn't right for NYR.

Doesn't mean all 3. To me, it means that NYR could made a deal around the players, depending on need. available is not the same as +++

That makes much more sense but I'm surprised the Rangers didn't bite on Greening by himself plus possibly ask for another piece. Greening could be a strong 3rd liner for them but his big contract extension may be the real problem here considering his role.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m
Phx places R.Klesla and Pitt places M.D'Agostini on Waivers.

Klesla on WAIVERS?!?!

Count me in. Convincing Melnyk might be the only problem here.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Man oh man if we can pick up Klesla for nothing.

We could then include Michalek in the trade for Del Zotto.

Anyone think that NYR would go for:

Michalek, Gryba, Condra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad