Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I like Conacher but he's a roamer out there and I don't think that fits with Spezza. I'd prefer to get someone that excels on the forecheck but Havlat would be nice for nostalgic reasons I guess.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Bring him home. Honestly though it wouldn't be that bad of a move to bring him back, either that or give mark stone a shot.

Milan the God*

Havlat shouldn't cost much to get. $5M salary, expiring contract, healthy scratch, low production, injury prone.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
If we are adding 5 million or even 3 million in salary there are a lot of players I'd prefer.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Keep fans happy. He used to play here and did pretty well, people like him, the idea that we're getting a "top 6 forward", etc. Kind of makes sense seeing as it would cost very little in a trade.

So we add 5 million to the payroll to keep fans happy ? If we are adding that cash figure out a way to get Brian Campbell a player that would actually help.

FightingIrish

Total Lak of Respek
Aug 30, 2010
Ottawa
Would love to have Marty back - He's still one of my favorite players.

He gave me his stick at a game and I got it signed at the Gloucester mall back in the day <3.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Would they include a defensemen ? Just bring up Hoffman if there not happy with what they have. We need defensive help.

Bingo. Ioved havlat when he was here and am not against him coming back. But if we are taking on salary I'd prefer even a marginal upgrade on D then a gamble on O.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Don't know too many fans that didn't love marty when he was here. With empty seats multiplying, might be a good time for it. I know i'd be extra excited to watch senators hockey.
Opportunity to return milo to his home too?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
So we add 5 million to the payroll to keep fans happy ? If we are adding that cash figure out a way to get Brian Campbell a player that would actually help.

Except Campbell will cost futures or at least more to acquire.

Havlat is most likely a whole bunch cheaper to get.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012

That's the ideal player who may be available. I don't know if they could deal him without following below the cap floor though .

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Except Campbell will cost futures or at least more to acquire.

Havlat is most likely a whole bunch cheaper to get.

True. But there is a reason he would cost a lot more. I just don't see how havlat makes us substantially better.

I'd give up a lot for campbell.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Havlat is 5m this, 6m next year, and if you pull up his stats sheet, you'd say he's not worth that in the slightest, nevermind his injuries. I can't see anything valuable going the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad