Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spezza is turning Ryan into a 100 goal scorer. **** the haters.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Oh, I saw Lao's post and I thought we were just being ridiculous up in hurr.

The Fuhr*

I don't think the team makes a move for a forward until they see what Stone has... Looks like he's back healthy for the weekend... A good week or two and a quick call up.

You know the team wants to see how he works with Spezza for an extended period of time.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
I don't think the team makes a move for a forward until they see what Stone has... Looks like he's back healthy for the weekend... A good week or two and a quick call up.

You know the team wants to see how he works with Spezza for an extended period of time.

I've got my fingers crossed on that one.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

that would be amazing if stone gels with spezza.

Mac - Tur - Bob
Mick - Spez - Stone

wow

burf

Mar 27, 2012
If there were, a callup, I'd rather see Michalek stay with Smith, and Zibanejad stay with Spezza. Michalek and Spezza haven't gelled at all this year, whereas Michalek and Smith have looked pretty dangerous at times. And when Zibanejad was with Spezza, that line wasn't hemmed in the d-zone almost the entire game (unlike when Spezza has been put with literally any other wingers).

Mac-Turris-Ryan
Zibby-Spezza-Stone/Hoffman
Conacher-Smith-Michalek
Greening-Grant-Neil

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Based on what?

Stone is heavily overrated on this board. If he ever sticks in the NHL it won't be on the top line. If people are frustrated with Spezza's skating right now I hate to see what they'll say about Stone if he's here for longer than 8 minutes.

The Fuhr*

Based on what?

Stone is heavily overrated on this board. If he ever sticks in the NHL it won't be on the top line. If people are frustrated with Spezza's skating right now I hate to see what they'll say about Stone if he's here for longer than 8 minutes.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/05/22...a-and-mark-stone-develop-chemistry-in-a-hurry

"We have long thought that he could be a good linemate for Jason," MacLean said. "Circumstances haven't allowed that to happen up until this day"

"It seems he can find that soft slot area, and he's good in front of the net," said Spezza. "Definitely suits my game. It'd be a bit of a reach to say we have chemistry (now), but I think it's something in the future that could be a good pairing, for sure."

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
...and in the 5 games he played last year he was awful. He just does not have the legs to be a top line player he will get burned every time, and he certainly wont help with Spezza's biggest problem right now which is getting hemmed in his own zone. That line needs another possession player to work with Spezza that can hold the puck and carry. Stone has the skillset to maybe be a complimentary piece to a duo like that, but he won't look good on that line right now for sure.

The Fuhr*

Paul Maclean and Jason Spezza seem to disagree with you...

My opinion is based off what they have said and then watching them together in the playoffs.

No doubt in my mind, we will see the combo again in a couple weeks, if both stay healthy

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Stone made that one pass, that's the only thing he's done that has been NHL level. Every other game has been sub-par and I really see no reason he should be in the NHL at the moment, especially coming off an injury.

Berserker*

Based on what?

Am I the only person that feels it's ironic that you are criticizing other people of over rating a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad