Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight*

He won't be... Lehner is a RFA at seasons end... Do you think Sens want to be paying Lehner starter pay next year?

No... They will want to bridge deal it like Rask did before he got paid.

Can only do that if Lehner is a backup this year

:rolleyes:

If true, that's really stupid.

They could trade Anderson right now and save 2 million bucks right there.

WhiteLight*

This year, Agreed.

It's never that simple. You know that.

OK.

Lehner is a better goalie. So he should be the starter, simple.

Lehner will be the starter eventually. Why not now? Why must the Sens wait until the off-season, or until Anderson's contract is done? Lehner is ready now. It's so obvious. I don't understand the point of waiting. The Anderson asset is declining everyday.

Berserker*

It looks like Michael Ferland is struggling in Abbotsford, maybe Calgary would be willing to part with him for a cheap cost. What do you guys think it would cost to acquire him?

The Fuhr*

:rolleyes:

If true, that's really stupid.

They could trade Anderson right now and save 2 million bucks right there.

And if Lehner gets injured we are ****ed.

It's not stupid... It makes sense... Team needs to make sure Lehner is not in position to demand 4+ next season

Needs to be in position to make 2.0x2
Only gets that as a backup

TMcD1639

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
It looks like Michael Ferland is struggling in Abbotsford, maybe Calgary would be willing to part with him for a cheap cost. What do you guys think it would cost to acquire him?

I like Ferland, it wouldn't cost a crazy amount.. i think the Sens would give up a draft pick maybe a 4th round

Berserker*

Do you guys think the Ducks would be willing to part ways with Devante Smith Pelley? And if so, what would it cost to acquire him?

Berserker*

I like Ferland, it wouldn't cost a crazy amount.. i think the Sens would give up a draft pick maybe a 4th round

Well, we have a lot of prospects that may not be in the long term plans within the organization. So ideally we would part ways with one of Da Costa, Dziurzynski, Cowick, Hoffman, Petersson or preferably O'Brien for him.

The Fuhr*

Do you guys think the Ducks would be willing to part ways with Devante Smith Pelley? And if so, what would it cost to acquire him?

Ya I think so cause of the depth they have ... Probably be had for a 2nd, sure there would be teams willing to give that up for him.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009

Ferland is garbage. I would maybe, maaaaybe take him for free to play in bingo or Elmira

WhiteLight*

And if Lehner gets injured we are ****ed.

How many teams roll with 2 #1 goalies just in case one gets hurt? Can't think of one

People need to STOP assuming Lehner will get hurt just because Anderson does

It's not stupid... It makes sense... Team needs to make sure Lehner is not in position to demand 4+ next season

Needs to be in position to make 2.0x2
Only gets that as a backup

Sorry, but yes it's very stupid. Not playing a player because you fear that he will succeed.. Never heard something so stupid in my life really

Only way Lehner demands +4M is if he wins the Vezina. Otherwise, no matter how well he plays, he won't get +4M. Such is the nature of the bridge contract.

And if he does win the Vezina… then **** yes! that is awesome.

You're confusing me

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
OK.

Lehner is a better goalie. So he should be the starter, simple.

Lehner will be the starter eventually. Why not now? Why must the Sens wait until the off-season, or until Anderson's contract is done? Lehner is ready now. It's so obvious. I don't understand the point of waiting. The Anderson asset is declining everyday.

You seem like the kind of person who invests in a bunch of short-term junk bonds rather than long-term mutual funds.

There are plenty of ways for this to play out, and they don't all involve trading Anderson at the earliest available opportunity.

Berserker*

Ya I think so cause of the depth they have ... Probably be had for a 2nd, sure there would be teams willing to give that up for him.

He would be a good fit in our bottom six. Maybe we could trade Greening or Condra for him.

WhiteLight*

You seem like the kind of person who invests in a bunch of short-term junk bonds rather than long-term mutual funds.

There are plenty of ways for this to play out, and they don't all involve trading Anderson at the earliest available opportunity.

No, I just don't see Lehner as a risk at all. There's zero reason to believe he'll fail. In fact Anderson is just as likely to fail/decline.

The Fuhr*

How many teams roll with 2 #1 goalies just in case one gets hurt? Can't think of one

People need to STOP assuming Lehner will get hurt just because Anderson does

Sorry, but yes it's very stupid. Not playing a player because you fear that he will succeed.. Never heard something so stupid in my life really

Only way Lehner demands +4M is if he wins the Vezina. Otherwise, no matter how well he plays, he won't get +4M. Such is the nature of the bridge contract.

And if he does win the Vezina… then **** yes! that is awesome.

You're confusing me

Schneider got 4.0 long term after 33 games in 11/12
Fasth got 2.9 last year for 25 good games.

If Lehner plays 40+ games he's demanding 4+ easy, especially with the cap going up.

Number one in the playoffs and he does well... 5+ in the summer

Berserker*

Ferland is garbage. I would maybe, maaaaybe take him for free to play in bingo or Elmira

What's wrong with him? He is a big body that can provide a physical presence, he is a fairly effective fighter and he has some scoring upside. He had decent production at the WHL level, so maybe he just isn't being developed properly.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
2009/10 Sutton from NYI
2009/10 Matt Cullen from Carolina
08/09 Comrie and Campoli
etc

it's a small percentage. and mostly deadline deals for picks no? much better odds if we are guessing about trades from western teams

The Fuhr*

He would be a good fit in our bottom six. Maybe we could trade Greening or Condra for him.

Ducks are loaded... Only reason to move DSP would be to get a good pick... They have lots if other guys for the bottom six already

Berserker*

If Lehner plays 40+ games he's demanding 4+ easy, especially with the cap going up.

I could see Murray getting an extension done for Lehner before that point.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
No, I just don't see Lehner as a risk at all. There's zero reason to believe he'll fail. In fact Anderson is just as likely to fail/decline.

Almost no one is saying Lehner is a risk (except those who are worried about injury, but whatever).

If you win a 2014 Lexus, do you sell your 2010 Lexus right away? No, you wait until you get the right offer. If it takes 2 months to get that right offer, you wait it out.

Anderson's best value this year will be at the trade deadline (or close to it, if a few teams want to get a jump on the good players). Unless someone approaches you before then with a great offer, there's no reason to move him right now. Don't force a trade when you don't have to make one, as the worst trades are ones you're forced to make.

I'm not saying not to trade him right now if the right offer comes along, but you don't trade him right now just because Lehner is playing well.

WhiteLight*

Schneider was a 5 year pro with 2 NHL seasons, ridiculous numbers at every level and a contract that ate UFA years.

Fasth, same thing, he was UFA. And I would be totally fine with Lehner at 2.9 obviously.

You're exaggerating. he's not getting +4M for 40 games

Berserker*

Almost no one is saying Lehner is a risk (except those who are worried about injury, but whatever).

If you win a 2014 Lexus, do you sell your 2010 Lexus right away? No, you wait until you get the right offer. If it takes 2 months to get that right offer, you wait it out.

Anderson's best value this year will be at the trade deadline. Unless someone approaches you before then with a great offer, there's no reason to move him right now. Don't force a trade when you don't have to make one, as the worst trades are ones you're forced to make.

I'm not saying not to trade him right now if the right offer comes along, but you don't trade him right now just because Lehner is playing well.

This makes the most sense. We don't need to ship Anderson out at all, so we can be patient and wait for the best offer to come along. If Anderson does get moved, the most likely scenario is at the trade deadline.

The Fuhr*

Anderson's best value this year will be at the trade deadline (or close to it, if a few teams want to get a jump on the good players). Unless someone approaches you before then with a great offer, there's no reason to move him right now. Don't force a trade when you don't have to make one, as the worst trades are ones you're forced to make.

I agree with this

WhiteLight*

I don't think his value will be higher at the deadline. But if so then sure we can wait but I want Lehner to get his fair share of ice in the mean time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad