Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
An effective shutdown defenceman is one who can shutdown other teams players, and then effectively transition to get off the ice.

So a shutdown player comes off the ice if the puck moves toward or goes in the offensive zone. Can you imagine how foolish this would look. Shift could be 8 seconds and then get off. LMAO!! Some people actually have a shallow understanding of the game. A shutdown player also KEEPS the opposition in their own zone. We often use a D PINCH to do this, hopefully with forward support(sometimes). I believe when the forwards do thier jobs the d can do theirs as well. Any breakdown anywhere makes the d man vulnerable and often outnumbered down low.

You know that's not what I meant. You are just trying to make my statement look foolish.

Gryba has no transition game, which shutdown D need to be able to get from the defensive to the offensive zone. In Gryba's case, he spends an extra 30 seconds playing the shutdown role every other shift because he can't transition to the neutral or offensive zone. Some people really have a shallow understanding of the game.:laugh:

If you want to make your statement look better by simplifying mine to mean something it doesn't, go right ahead.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
You know that's not what I meant. You are just trying to make my statement look foolish.

Gryba has no transition game, which shutdown D need to be able to get from the defensive to the offensive zone. In Gryba's case, he spends an extra 30 seconds playing the shutdown role every other shift because he can't transition to the neutral or offensive zone. Some people really have a shallow understanding of the game.:laugh:

If you want to make your statement look better by simplifying mine to mean something it doesn't, go right ahead.

I actually quoted you direct. You made yourself look foolish. Why deflect it?

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Obviously Simmonds is not getting traded.

But I was just looking at his stats on TSN, its insane how few goals Philly has scored (22 in 14 games). Their leading scorer is a 4 way tie with 7 pts. And Giroux has 0 goals. Might not be news to people but I haven't been following, crazy

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Doesn't transition mean change or move? Symantics. You can create any meaning you like if your feeling are hurt.
The 2nd part after the quote explained what he meant, so it's not a big deal. For me it's just shut them down, don't let them score, move the puck when possible.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
No further evaluation needed. This team definitely needs another quality dman and a scorer to play with spezza.

2 things

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
- Trade Anderson+ for Enstrom/Byfuglien/Bogosian
- Trade for Jagr at the deadline
- Profit

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Maybe they can start dressing 7 d-men to see how it goes? Kassian is waste of a spot most nights anyways. If that does not work, they can trade, however a trade like this is hard to make, everyone wants a top 4 defenceman. I am sure BM is making calls, but Boro has helped this team a little bit. If Cowen and Gryba just moves the puck a little better, they may be ok.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Please get Ehrhoff Murray. He'd improve our offense, our PK, our 2nd pairing, our everything.

He also would probably not be that expensive cause of contract and tanking Sabres.

DO IT MURRAY PLEASEEEEEEEE.

I can't wait till Stone gets healthy again and we can trade Greening(Although I'd bet he'd go on a tear with his new team)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It was nice knownin ya Andy

Unless he gets dealt, he'll be back in as the starter. Worst case scenario for Andy is that they form a platoon and split the starts.

You might not like it, or agree with it, but that's what's going to happen. No way do the Sens devalue a potential trade chip by making him the full-fledged backup.

He'll come back to start games, or he'll be moved... and I doubt we move him any time soon (as in, not in the next few weeks, at the very least).

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I want to see a lehner vs. markstrom matchup. The fight to see who is the better prospect. ;)

p.s. Its lehner

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Please get Ehrhoff Murray. He'd improve our offense, our PK, our 2nd pairing, our everything.

He also would probably not be that expensive cause of contract and tanking Sabres.

I can't wait till Stone gets healthy again and we can trade Greening(Although I'd bet he'd go on a tear with his new team)

i'd take that bet:naughty:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Pfft. Lehner only wishes he was a 8.5 C.

All he will ever be is a 7.5 B, no matter what his play, the media, his coaches, stats, and opposing players say.

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013

He has nine years left on his contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad