Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserker*

Do you really want him until hes 37? He seems like a player that will quickly regress at 35ish.

I like Hartnell and would be fine with him if he had a short contract but 6 years @ 4.7mil is just simply a bad contract.

It's a pretty big risk but I think it would depend on the asking price. Maybe Michalek doesn't have much market value and that is the best return he could garner.

The contract is kind of ******, but there is some upside there. Hartnell did have 37 goals and 30 assists in his last full season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If we are parting with Puempel, I would rather that it be as part of a package for a premier player.

You don't consider Fleischmann to be a premier player? Why? He has lead Florida in scoring the last two yrs & leads them again this yr. He has had a 51 pt season & a 61pt season two yrs ago & seems to be a very consistent goal scorer. He's obviously not a sexy pick like a Bobby Ryan who everyone was drooling about this summer but he is a legitimate goal scorer in the NHL. He could be available while a lot of other guys people keep bringing up like Eberle IMO are untouchable. The other point is that we don't have much else to trade unless we trade someone like Zibanejad or Stone who are players we need to keep.

Berserker*

Ive been sitting and doing an exam for the last 6-7 hours. Are there any rumours of a possible trade at all?
Seeing us ****ing things up last night was painful.

What kind of exam takes 6-7 hours to write? lol that would be brutal.

As per trade rumors, I don't think there are any at this point. Just speculation by the fans.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There's no reason to trade right now. We're 12 games into an 82 game season and we've played arguably the toughest opening schedule of any team. This next 5 game stretch will tell a lot about the team IMO.

Berserker*

You don't consider Fleischmann to be a premier player? Why? He has lead Florida in scoringthe last two yrs & leads them again this yr. He has had a 51 pt season & a 61pt season two yrs ago & seems to be a very consistent goal scorer. He's obviously not a sexy pick like a Bobby Ryan who everyone was drooling about this summer but he is a legitimate goal scorer in the NHL. He could be available while a lot of other guys people keep bringing up like Eberle IMO are untouchable. The other point is that we don't have much else to trade unless we trade someone like Zibanejad or Stone who are players we need to keep.

50 -60 points is 2nd line player stats. Its good, but I would be hesitant of giving up a recent 1st round draft pick in a package for those types of players.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
What kind of exam takes 6-7 hours to write? lol that would be brutal.

As per trade rumors, I don't think there are any at this point. Just speculation by the fans.

Macroeconomics at university level which was as you said, brutal.

Yeah, hopefully we'll see something happen during the next few days.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
You don't consider Fleischmann to be a premier player? Why? He has lead Florida in scoring the last two yrs & leads them again this yr. He has had a 51 pt season & a 61pt season two yrs ago & seems to be a very consistent goal scorer. He's obviously not a sexy pick like a Bobby Ryan who everyone was drooling about this summer but he is a legitimate goal scorer in the NHL. He could be available while a lot of other guys people keep bringing up like Eberle IMO are untouchable. The other point is that we don't have much else to trade unless we trade someone like Zibanejad or Stone who are players we need to keep.

Fleischman is not a premier player, he is soft the type of guy that suceeds with no pressure in places like Florida and Pheonix. Second or third line tweener on a good team. A MacArthur type with more offence but a lot less possession and intangibles.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I'm only going to start hopping on the panic trade train if we start losing to teams in our division/East, we're 3-0-1 so far in the games that we haven't played a western opponent.

Berserker*

What is the estimated acquisition cost for Wayne Simmonds?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tremblay31

Jun 18, 2011
Germany
Anderson
Greening
4th

for

Simmonds
Mason
3rd[/QUOTE]

that would be soo good !!
i still think Mason can be a really decent goalie (with lehner in the backhand)
why not :handclap:

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
I sure hope rival GMs never read (and believe) HFB otherwise we couldn't get a patronizing pat on the back in exchange for Greening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad