Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahnotamoose

May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think Winnipeg would be interested in Zibanajad (sp?). Can he be a second line centre?

At this point no, he isn't good enough at draws. Not sure he can produce consistently enough to handle 2C duties (although he's been great in the 4 games since being called up).

Regardless, he's an asset that the Sens definitely aren't interested in moving.

GSG1165

Sep 9, 2010
Ottawa
3 Trades to Fix/Shakeup to team:

To OTT
Hamonic

To NYI
Anderson

Isles need a true #1 to make noise in the playoffs, went all-in this year with the Vanek deal. Sens need a 2nd pairing guy. I don't know if Hamonic is for real but I hear he's good enough around here. This sets up deal #2.

To OTT
Miller

To BUF
Mark Stone
2nd

BUF needs goal-scorers for the future, Miller is good as gone. OTT needs a #1 after dealing Andy, but we don't need him long term with Lehner. Wither he stays for a few years or Lehner takes over next year. I don't think the price is too high from OTT's side.

To OTT
Wayne Simmonds

To PHI
Greening
B prospect/Gryba
3rd

I think Simmonds is overrated on this board, but he'd be a good energy guy here with 20G upside. Maybe we need to add.

Just thinking out loud here guys, just for fun.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

To OTT
Hamonic

To NYI
Anderson

Isles need a true #1 to make noise in the playoffs, went all-in this year with the Vanek deal. Sens need a 2nd pairing guy. I don't know if Hamonic is for real but I hear he's good enough around here. This sets up deal #2.

To OTT
Miller

To BUF
Mark Stone
2nd

BUF needs goal-scorers for the future, Miller is good as gone. OTT needs a #1 after dealing Andy, but we don't need him long term with Lehner. Wither he stays for a few years or Lehner takes over next year. I don't think the price is too high from OTT's side.

To OTT
Wayne Simmonds

To PHI
Greening
B prospect/Gryba
3rd

I think Simmonds is overrated on this board, but he'd be a good energy guy here with 20G upside. Maybe we need to add.

Isles would never do that trade. Hamonic means a lot to them.

Dont understand the point of trading Andy and then getting Miller.

Philly would want some valuable.

Nation

Oct 30, 2010
westcoaster

To OTT
Hamonic

To NYI
Anderson

To OTT
Miller

To BUF
Mark Stone
2nd

To OTT
Wayne Simmonds

To PHI
Greening
B prospect/Gryba
3rd

None of those trades would be accepted, my 2cents.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Something big going to Edmonton wouldn't hurt -- maybe Anderson/Cowen and Eberle/(Smid/Petry).

But again it's far too early in the season to panick. This team can still easily round into form and break out of this 'slump'. It's not happening for lack of talent.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
Something big going to Edmonton wouldn't hurt -- maybe Anderson/Cowen and Eberle/(Smid/Petry).

But again it's far too early in the season to panick. This team can still easily round into form and break out of this 'slump'. It's not happening for lack of talent.
The pieces the Sens could trade might fit the Oilers very well. We have Greening, Michalek, Cowen and Anderson as relatively good pieces. If we target Smid and Eberle we could end up such a better team for having them.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Anderson + Cowen + Greening for Eberle + Smid

Berserker*

If you switched out Patty for Cowen they probably would.
They want a LHD because they have too many RHD. We have the opposite problem.

I don't like the idea of moving Cowen. He has too much potential and the fact that he essentially missed all of last season, gives him a pass for any poor performances for at least the first quarter of this season.

Weircioch is also a left handed D so I would include him and also consider adding to that package to get Byfuglien.

Berserker*

Also agree with previous thoughts on Simmonds, or Voracek for that matter if Philly is truly open for business.

Those are some good targets. We could part ways with some combination of Michalek, Greening, Condra, Weircioch, Gryba in terms of NHL players and then try and get some combination of Hartnell, Voracek, Simmonds and Cobourn in return.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
One More Time

To Florida: Puempel LW, Filatov LW & JOB C/RW (three first rounders)
To Ottawa: Tomas Fleischmann LW
- Eugene would have to open his wallet though, maybe Florida would keep some salary?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Hartnell is a huge no thanks. 31 and 4.7mil cap for the next 6 years for a 40 point player is terrible.

Berserker*

To Florida: Puempel LW, Filatov LW & JOB C/RW (three first rounders)
To Ottawa: Tomas Fleischmann LW
- Eugene would have to open his wallet though, maybe Florida would keep some salary?

If we are parting with Puempel, I would rather that it be as part of a package for a premier player.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
first he is not a 40 point player, he is a 45 point player lol

second, he brings in leadership and toughness.

Do you really want him until hes 37? He seems like a player that will quickly regress at 35ish.

I like Hartnell and would be fine with him if he had a short contract but 6 years @ 4.7mil is just simply a bad contract.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If the cap is going up, the floor is going up. I would rather pay a guy that puts in a solid effort every game like Hartnell over paying a guy to sit in the press box just so we can be at the floor.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Ive been sitting and doing an exam for the last 6-7 hours. Are there any rumours of a possible trade at all?
Seeing us ****ing things up last night was painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad