Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Signing Nash to a 1 year deal wouldn't be a bad option.

Nash is contemplating retirement apparently. Mackenzie talked about it soon after the FA period started. If Nash wants to play he'll have plenty of offers on the table that pay more and that are more interesting for him than Ottawa.

No chance he comes here.

There's no room for Smith at center in this lineup. He'll be taking lots of draws but that's about it. Ideally he's a healthy scratch most nights. Even McCormick would be ahead of him on the depth chart at C.

I would play Smith with a rookie C and have Smith take important faceoffs to take pressure off the kids. I think this is a good option for us.

I would do something like this with the White line taking on other teams top line

Boedker - Duchene - Dzingel
Ryan - Pageau - Stone
Smith - White - Paajarvi

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If I remember correctly he nixed a trade to us when he was leaving Columbus, we are in a worse spot now and his services will be wanted elsewhere. I don't think he would sign here but I agree I would like if he did.
Yes, Murray was pretty open about his disappointment with him not willing to waive for us.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I had hoped when Nash was traded 1st we could have got him. Right now though with things as they are I would'hope this team doesn't sign him. I think he's going to retire anyway.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It'll probably take a week into camp before Ryan's first injury, Tkachuk likely doesn't make the team, and Chlapik will start the year in Belleville till he's needed.

It’s very possible Tkachuk makes the team imo.

Why would Chlapik start the year in Belleville if he has a great training camp?

I think it's Chlapik or Brown, not Chlapik and Brown. So that solves part of the issue right there. Your lineup is probably pretty close if Tkachuk ends up sticking the whole season though.

Why? I don’t see why we can’t have young guys in the 3-4 C spots in terms of minutes if Duchene/Pageau are the top 2.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm very interested in seeing how Chlapik worked out this offseason. Seems like he was often the best player on the ice in Belleville and did make some nice plays when he was up here. Biggest problem I noticed with Chlapik is he was literally dominated physically every single shift out there. I'm pretty sure that was a wake-up call for him on how strong you need to be in order to be effective in this league.

Hoping he comes in stronger, I feel like people are sleeping on Chlapik. He has the ability to be a top 6 player.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It’s very possible Tkachuk makes the team imo.

Why would Chlapik start the year in Belleville if he has a great training camp?

Cause White is more likely to beat him out and we still need to have good players in Belleville.

It seems highly unlikely that White, Tkachuk AND Chlapik make the team out of camp to be honest. Chlapik is quite a bit behind the other two (although I'm very high on White)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We should trade for ten Gretzkys.

We could buy 10 Gretzky bobble heads and place them under the benches in the dressing room, using voodoo to cast positive spells on those who sit above them. Might be better than hiring over-the-hill Wayne, his brother, his father, Janet, his daughter, and any other Gretzkeys that may exist! :)

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Signing Nash to a 1 year deal wouldn't be a bad option.

Rick Nash? He’s not coming here. If he does play next year, he’ll want to play on a good team. My guess is the sharks or maybe a return to Columbus. Retirement is a decent possibility at this point.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We could buy 10 Gretzky bobble heads and place them under the benches in the dressing room, using voodoo to cast positive spells on those who sit above them. Might be better than hiring over-the-hill Wayne, his brother, his father, Janet, his daughter, and any other Gretzkeys that may exist! :)

I want to say something about his daughter but I am not sure exactly how to word it...

I would be up for hiring her .. or I could get behind that.. were the two I had trouble choosing between

Reactions: Cosmix

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

They mostly managed to make the team a lot worse, and we went from uncertainty to despair. Core is about to either be traded or lost to UFA, and we're going to put a lot of our young prospects in a position to fail. Honestly every time I look at people's lineups on here it depresses me with how horribly shallow we are depth and talent-wise, with little on the way in terms of of reinforcements.

Reactions: Rand0m

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They mostly managed to make the team a lot worse, and we went from uncertainty to despair. Core is about to either be traded or lost to UFA, and we're going to put a lot of our young prospects in a position to fail. Honestly every time I look at people's lineups on here it depresses me with how horribly shallow we are depth and talent-wise, with little on the way in terms of of reinforcements.

self-flagellation-gif-9.gif

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I'm very interested in seeing how Chlapik worked out this offseason. Seems like he was often the best player on the ice in Belleville and did make some nice plays when he was up here. Biggest problem I noticed with Chlapik is he was literally dominated physically every single shift out there. I'm pretty sure that was a wake-up call for him on how strong you need to be in order to be effective in this league.

Hoping he comes in stronger, I feel like people are sleeping on Chlapik. He has the ability to be a top 6 player.

Sounds like Regin, personally I would expect the same outcome of it just not working out.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Sounds like Regin, personally I would expect the same outcome of it just not working out.

There are similarities. I am hoping Chlapik develops into a good player as he did have success in junior. I do not see a top 6 position in his future, perhaps a good third line player.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Regin's shoulder is why he didn't make it.

That being said, I felt Regin showed way more promise than Chlapik has so far.

I remember being very stoked about Regin at the time. I think he made his debut in the playoffs on Spezza's wing and looked like a top 6 player for sure...

Ugh.. bad memories now considering how that was literally the peak of his career potential now in retrospect.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I remember being very stoked about Regin at the time. I think he made his debut in the playoffs on Spezza's wing and looked like a top 6 player for sure...

Ugh.. bad memories now considering how that was literally the peak of his career potential now in retrospect.

He was as legit as a decent prospect gets. I remember him going down against the Red Wings while he was playing with Neil and how I cringed in how he fell "that's the shoulder and that's bad" in 2011-2012.

He's another Cowen, injuries derailed what very well could have been a solid career. The story of Pro Sports is the story of those lucky enough to not get hurt.

Reactions: aragorn

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That being said, I felt Regin showed way more promise than Chlapik has so far.

Regin didn't come to North America until he was 22, and had 3 years of pro hockey under his belt by the time we first saw him. Chlapik played as a 20 year old rookie last year in his first ever pro experience.

Give it two years, and then see if the comparison still fits.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Regin didn't come to North America until he was 22, and had 3 years of pro hockey under his belt by the time we first saw him. Chlapik played as a 20 year old rookie last year in his first ever pro experience.

Give it two years, and then see if the comparison still fits.

More than fair, but I just haven't been very impressed with Chlapik so far while Regin caught my eye right away. I did not realize that Regin got to NA that "late".

Reactions: BonkTastic

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Chlapik leading Belleville in scoring as a 20 year old is much more impressive to me than Regin finishing 6th as a 22/23 year old, even though he scored 15 less points.

His play in the NHL at 20 in this tire fire also shows more to me than Regin's cup of coffee in his rookie year.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Chlapik leading Belleville in scoring as a 20 year old is much more impressive to me than Regin finishing 6th as a 22/23 year old, even though he scored 15 less points.

His play in the NHL at 20 in this tire fire also shows more to me than Regin's cup of coffee in his rookie year.

Agreed 100%

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Wouldn't be the first time I fell in love with the "wrong" prospect :laugh:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I agree for sure.

The guy has all the tools and skill to be a good NHLer. He's smart with the puck as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad