Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
He held out to get an extreme overpayment and with three years on Duchenes contract remaining at time of trade request. You act like Duchene has no trade value which is laughable

Holy ****, which is part of the reason our team is pathetic in both ownership and management which in turn is why it is pathetic we cannot even bother to play ball with the best UFA in the cap era. You guys realize when you say this stuff you are agreeing with me, right?

YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT IS BASED ON AN ASSUMPTION!

How do you not realize this?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Your argument boils down to "It has to be true because no one has said otherwise." That's incredibly weak. And trading Duchene doesn't happen in a vacuum. It's not as easy as snapping your fingers and having the trade genie come down from on high. Playing musical chairs with star players is how an already terrible team reputation gets worse.

What's incredibly weak is your inability to read inbetween the lines. Garrioch mentioned during Stamkos UFA meetings that Ottawa was going to pitch playing with Karlsson to him. Where have those similar posts been for Tavares? Crickets.

Did I ever claim it would be easy? Stop putting words in my f***ing mouth. A GMs job isn't supposed to be easy.

Now I'm not sure what's more pathetic, our management's ineptitude or people like you who are content with our managements ineptitude.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What's incredibly weak is your inability to read inbetween the lines. Garrioch mentioned during Stamkos UFA meetings that Ottawa was going to pitch playing with Karlsson to him. Where have those similar posts been for Tavares? Crickets.

Did I ever claim it would be easy? Stop putting words in my ****ing mouth.

Now I'm not sure what's more pathetic, our management's ineptitude or people like you who are content with our managements ineptitude.
If anything, I'd say I've been one of the most vocal critics of the management on these boards recently. So the bolded is extremely funny to me. Difference is, I'm critical about things that have a foot in reality, not baseless conjecture.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
THIS WHOLE TRADE RUMOURS THREAD IS BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS.

BUT YOURS IS MORE ASSUMPTIONY THAN MOST ASSUMPTIONS ON THE ASSUMPTIONOGRAPHIC SCALE OF ASSUMING ASSUMPTIONS.

But seriously, Tavares isn't coming here.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
If anything, I'd say I've been one of the most vocal critics of the management on these boards recently. So the bolded is extremely funny to me. Difference is, I'm critical about things that have a foot in reality, not baseless conjecture.
You posting in this thread is factually indicative that you do part take in discussions on baseless conjecture. That's literally what this thread is for.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
BUT YOURS IS MORE ASSUMPTIONY THAN MOST ASSUMPTIONS ON THE ASSUMPTIONOGRAPHIC SCALE OF ASSUMING ASSUMPTIONS.

But seriously, Tavares isn't coming here.
I know he isn't, I can understand that reality.

That wasn't the reason for my original post, though.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
@Engineer
Its all good. I'm sending you a bro hug through my screen. I bet you can feel the vibes right now.

We're vibing. Mmmmmm. Tingly

Reactions: Engineer

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Garrioch mentioned during Stamkos UFA meetings that Ottawa was going to pitch playing with Karlsson to him. Where have those similar posts been for Tavares? Crickets.
Maybe Tavares' camp shut down our interest real quick while Stamkos' was willing to hear more. We don't have a top C signed long-term, I'm sure we inquired.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We don't know who Ottawa has reached out to. I'm sure they have reached out to some free agents

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Also, with Dorion on a full blown "locker room character" binge, I don't think he'd want to trade Duchene. By all accounts, Duchene is all-in with this team. Gotta keep the guys who want to be here. Especially those in a leadership role.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It seems like the Sens are on a news lockdown seems like nothing has been leaked since the whole Hoffman and Karlsson fiasco. Even that we were picking Brady it seemed like insiders were hinting at zadina. We also haven't heard much on Karlsson. Even nothing on Anderson which everyone seems to be denying

Reactions: Sensung

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
It seems like the Sens are on a news lockdown seems like nothing has been leaked since the whole Hoffman and Karlsson fiasco. Even that we were picking Brady it seemed like insiders were hinting at zadina. We also haven't heard much on Karlsson. Even nothing on Anderson which everyone seems to be denying
Sens interviewed Kotkaniemi a few times as well which was a play with Montreal to get them not to trade down and take him to free up Tkachuk. [This is an assumption of mine]

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
With it being a basically one man show with Dorion now, you'd think leaks would be hard to come by unless he wants it to come out or it comes from the other side in a negotiation.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Other news!

Philly is not offering Mrazek a Qualifying Offer. He will be UFA.

If Ottawa trades Anderson, he could be an ok stopgap. Not too many goalies out there right now. He shouldn't be too expensive either. Plus, 67s connection.

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
So many available goalies out there better than Condon.

This. This a thousand freaking times.

If we ever give term to a backup again after dealing with these Hammond and Condon deals I'm gonna lose it.

Would be nice to go into next season with fresh blood in nets but instead we're gonna have to take back a dump in an Andy deal and Condon is still here with his "big" deal and we're gonna gift the Avs a top-pick because none of our goalies can stop a beach ball.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Theres enough goalies available either through trade or free agencies that I dont see how Anderson is traded. With his age and price, who would want him? Unless its bad contract swap, 1 for 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad