Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I wouldn’t unless we get a great asset. There’s talk Saad and Hossa may go to Carolina for Faulk and Darling.

I’d take Toronto’s third, which Chicago now owns for Smith.

If Smith truly has value around the league, and Hossa has negative value, I'd expect at least a good young player (Forsling, Hayden), good prospect (Mitchell, Sikura) or a good pick (NSH 1st) coming back.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Do you know those rumours were untrue? Just because those trades didn’t happen doesn’t mean they weren’t being discussed.

Not technically, no. That said, none of them have ever come to pass, nor have they ever been corroborated by more reliable media members.

This guy has thrown Hawks/Sens rumours against the wall for years now. Literally. I pay zero attention to him.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Based on Dorion's comments and his recent trades/extentions I would think that the players he targets via free agency/trade will be some combination of:
  • Fast
  • Gritty/competes hard/performs in big games
  • Has leadership qualities
  • Is a former high draft pick that is struggling (i.e. Paajarvi, Boedker)
I also remember hearing (not sure if true) that the Sens management were wowed by Vegas and want to copy that model. That could mean that they will try to put together a team of a rag tag of misfits and go from there.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Based on Dorion's comments and his recent trades/extentions I would think that the players he targets via free agency/trade will be some combination of:
  • Fast
I also remember hearing (not sure if true) that the Sens management were wowed by Vegas and want to copy that model. That could mean that they will try to put together a team of a rag tag of misfits and go from there.
No offence but I wouldn't take anything that man says with more than a grain of salt.

He's a puppet who was instructed to buy time by changing the plan every 6 months.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I see no reason to trade anything of value for him if we're trading Karlsson.

It's a bandaid that will delay the inevitable.

You seem to be under the impression that Dorion is making tactical and strategic moves and that he has a clear sense of direction. Apparently Dorion stated that he didn't want picks in return for Hoffman. If he was planning on trading Karlsson and doing a full rebuild then it would make sense to trade Hoffman for futures. Boedker is the same age as Hoffman and we didn't get any high quality pick or prospect in return.

It stands to reason that Dorion is going to try to rebuild on the fly. He likely won't commit to a full rebuild and that might end up really hurting the Sens. But I wouldn't expect anything other than him making a bunch of moves and having a drastically different roster that costs roughly the same and is roughly the same age.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
No offence but I wouldn't take anything that man says with more than a grain of salt.

He's a puppet who was instructed to buy time by changing the plan every 6 months.

Fair enough. It really isn't clear which direction the organization is heading in. Or at least which direction the management is heading in.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
  • Fast
lol what are we right now if not a ragtag of misfits

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Dzingel Duchene Stone
Boedker Pageau Ryan
Gaborik Smith Pyatt
Paajarvi White Burrows
McCormick

Celebrate good times come on.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
**** after all of the **** to happen the last few weeks, if Burrows is on the roster next year I will fully lose my ****.

I don’t care at this point. If we’re going to suck, then who cares? I bet he doesn’t play every night. Play him about 40 games and then be done with him after next year.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
If we’re not re-signing Karlsson then blow the whole thing up.

This isn’t a scratch that’s going to heal overnight. We need a fresh restart. Make Melnyk hate owning this team. We need embarrassing attendance.

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
You would have to think PD can't accept an offer lower than 1st+top6+best prospect+b-grade with potential prospect for Karlsson....players of this quality and in their prime are HARDLY ever available. We would need to set the franchise up for years to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad