Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm annoyed at this rebuild talk. The team wasn't broken. The owner is broken, and now the broken owner has broken the team.

Remember when he said that he's spend money when the time was right? Well the team had just made the ECF, earned a soft estimate of an additional $27M in revenues, and the broken owner CUT spending and cried poor.

I can't think of any one person who I legitimately hate, but I think I'm there with Eugene Melnyk.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
i was playing around with the idea of a full rebuild on capfriendly. it's pretty fun, actually.

stone to col for ott 1st 2019, jt compher

don't want to trade him, but this needs to be a scorched earth rebuild. this deal would have to go through first, as tearing down without the pick next season would be absolutely terrible

----------

ryan (1.25 mil retained), karlsson to vegas for glass, theodore (sign until last year of rfa @ 4 mil), 1st 2019, clarkson

they have the cap flexibility to take both players. we get some pretty good pieces in glass and theodore, plus a second first next season. value looks low, but this is to really kick off the rebuild. getting two-three quality future pieces is important and i don't think that we'll be able to do it if we're including ryan unless we deal with vegas.

----------

duchene to mtl for 1st 2018 (3rd overall), noah juulsen

now they don't have to gamble on kotkaniemi. nothing in the 3rd overall range has the safety of a player like duchene. he doesn't make sense in a rebuild and i don't think we'll be able to sign him anyway. could swap juulsen for one of montreal's second rounders this year as well.

----------

smith to edm for conditional 2019 3rd round pick. lower of the two picks they own (theirs and nyi)

i think they could use the depth and smith could use a change of scenery. i'm not as low on him as a lot of people around here are, but i think we need to shed the salary and shake up the room a bit more.

----------

sens 1st 2018 (4th overall) to nyr for nyr 1st 2018 (9th), tbl 1st 2018 (28th)
then
tbl 1st 2018 (28th) to nyi for nyi 2nd 2018 (41st), cgy 2nd 2018 (43rd)

we now have three firsts (pit, mtl, nyr) and 2 seconds (nyi, cgy), as well as two firsts, a scond, and two thirds next year. we have two top 10 picks in a very fluid top 10. we get pick of the litter at 3rd and leftovers at 9th. i think it's better than picking at 4th with the addition of two fairly high second rounders since quality could end up being similar. nyr only move up if they have eyes on someone.

we'll have the worst lineup in the league for sure.

boedker - pageau - white
dzingel - brown - gaborik
mccormick - compher - paajarvi
burrows - paul - pyatt

theodore - ceci (re-signed 3.5 mil)
chabot - wolanen
borocop - harpur/claeson/wideman

anderson
condon

that lineup is too sad to look at. it's bad, even for a rebuilding team. the most sad part about the roster is that besides brown, compher, paul, and white, they're all on one way contracts.

i don't think it's a good idea to ice a lineup that bad, so i picked a few mid tier ufa's to sign to make the team look slightly better, but not good enough to finish better than last (unless we get some standout performances from our young players)

riley nash 4/5 years, 4-5 million?
mike green 3/4 years ~6 million?

just some decent players that can be pushed aside when the young players start coming in. i have no idea what the free agent market is going to look like, so i'm not sure on the prices.

insert the ufa's and some young blood

boedker - nash - white
dzingel - brown - gaborik
formenton - pageau - batherson (like this line)
pyatt - compher - paajarvi
mccormick
burrows

theodore - green
chabot - ceci
borocop - wolanin

anderson
condon

just a fun little exercise. i'll cheer for the senators no matter what the management/ownership does to them. management and owners come and go. the fans remain. i know we'll be good again someday. just have to wait out the current upper guys. so bring on a full rebuild, another retool, or another go for it run. i plan on being around for another 50+ years. i doubt melnyk or dorion will be.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
At this point I would be more dissapointed if we didnt trade karlsson and locked him up for 8+ years for 10+ mill or whatever thehell he is going to get. SCORCHED EARTH MELNYK!!!!

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I'm annoyed at this rebuild talk. The team wasn't broken. The owner is broken, and now the broken owner has broken the team.

Remember when he said that he's spend money when the time was right? Well the team had just made the ECF, earned a soft estimate of an additional $27M in revenues, and the broken owner CUT spending and cried poor.

I can't think of any one person who I legitimately hate, but I think I'm there with Eugene Melnyk.
Yeah but it's the fans' fault that Melnyk f***ed up his finances and is loaded with debt.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
COL our 4th
Odds are we wont get better than 4th next year, why trade a guaranteed high pick for a mystery box?

family_guy_s.jpg

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Here's the way I see it:We for sure have the 4th overall this year.

If we are trading EK, we will probably be a bottom 3 team, thus having at worst(best?) 5th or 6th overall, with a good chance at 1st-3rd. I say if we are trading EK we give up this year's pick since the 2019 one will be at least as good or better.

Reactions: branch

R2010

May 23, 2011
If you had a 4th and a 5th this year in the draft and all you ended up with a Bergman four years from now you'd probably be okay with that - actually you might be pretty happy.

If you had a 2nd round pick next year you would probably be hoping to someday get a player equal to Bodker.

People overvalue draft picks. Personally, given our state as a team I would prefer the draft picks over the Hoffman return we got. But if we think about it probabilistically, a mid-to-late 2nd, a mid-to-late 4th and a mid-to-late 5th probably has a combined probability of generating a single NHL player of about 50%.

Our drafting has been generally good so I can see the desire for the picks but I do not see the value people put on draft picks as being accurate - especially when the drop off is so big after the top of the 2nd round usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad