Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I completely expect Tavares, OEL, and Doughty to stay with their respective teams while we struggle to keep Karlsson.

I've never been so certain about something.

And I was never so certain that Lehner would become the best goalie in the NHL with Ottawa.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Said Karlsson is comfortable waiting it out and starting the season without a contract extension if that's how things play out. Also said he'd be open to a trade given the right circumstance or even signing if the deal was right for him
So the old shotgun approach eh.

Report everything so something is right. What is positive about this?

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
So the old shotgun approach eh.

Report everything so something is right. What is positive about this?
He’s not 100% getting traded. He’s ok with staying in Ottawa. I think there were some words about it being more likely he signs than not.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Said Karlsson is comfortable waiting it out and starting the season without a contract extension if that's how things play out. Also said he'd be open to a trade given the right circumstance or even signing if the deal was right for him

So every possible scenario pertaining to a player? Wow, he really went out on a limb there with the information he has.

Reactions: Engineer

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He’s not 100% getting traded. He’s ok with staying in Ottawa. I think there were some words about it being more likely he signs than not.
He's getting an offer. I don't expect it be a good offer and I think Melnyk/Dorion will use it as pretext to say he didn't want to stay.

I wish I was more optimistic, but this is what this franchise has left us with.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
karlsson will sign, hoffman will be traded for scrubs and we will draft Zadina as the next great sniper in sens history.

all will be good boys

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I’m not hung up on the July 1 thing. If I remember Dorion’s words, he said ‘when we can offer Erik a contract on July 1, we will do it’. What he said is strictly true. He isn’t allowed to offer a contract until then.

However, he didn’t say ‘we’ll start negotiating on July 1’. I can’t believe that PD and EK’s agent haven’t been talking at all. What Dorion said doesn’t preclude a handshake agreement like OEL apparently has. We just haven’t heard about it yet, which is probably smart on EK’s part.

And why isn’t Dreger’s statement yesterday about Karlsson getting any play? Because it’s positive?

Cause it sounds exactly like a Dorion leak trying to spin the narrative. Same as that Garrioch article essentially saying that Hoffman's value remains unchanged.

We'll have to wait and see, but none of that is consistent with everything that has come out about the organization lately.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Cause it sounds exactly like a Dorion leak trying to spin the narrative. Same as that Garrioch article essentially saying that Hoffman's value remains unchanged.

We'll have to wait and see, but none of that is consistent with everything that has come out about the organization lately.

not what i rmr in the last video he posted.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
not what i rmr in the last video he posted.

Unchanged wasn't the right way to put it, you're right. He made it sound like it wouldn't significantly limit the value though (talking about Dorion still looking for a 1st+).

It could all be true, but the Dreger and Garrioch (recent) news is much different than what everyone else is reporting.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Trade Hoffman + 22nd overall to Edmonton for Lucic and the 10th overall.

Oiler fans can say Hoffman is trash now because of his girlfriend but when a GM has to do something to get his team to score more goals he wont care about the off ice issue. His job is on the line and that is more important to him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

what was the dreger quote

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Unchanged wasn't the right way to put it, you're right. He made it sound like it wouldn't significantly limit the value though (talking about Dorion still looking for a 1st+).

It could all be true, but the Dreger and Garrioch (recent) news is much different than what everyone else is reporting.
Can we get a ranking of sources by reliability? I thought Dreger was supposed to be pretty plugged in. He's in the tier with Garrioch now as a mouthpiece?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Can we get a ranking of sources by reliability? I thought Dreger was supposed to be pretty plugged in. He's in the tier with Garrioch now as a mouthpiece?

Dreger has been a mouthpiece for a long-time, imo. He's legit though I suppose, so people can certainly take him at face value if they choose. His take (along with Garrioch's) are vastly different from everything else we're hearing though. I guess we may just have to watch it play out.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
karlsson will sign, hoffman will be traded for scrubs and we will draft Zadina as the next great sniper in sens history.

all will be good boys

Hope all three things transpire, but all will not be good as long as Melnyk owns the team.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Trade Hoffman + 22nd overall to Edmonton for Lucic and the 10th overall.

Oiler fans can say Hoffman is trash now because of his girlfriend but when a GM has to do something to get his team to score more goals he wont care about the off ice issue. His job is on the line and that is more important to him.
That lucic contract though....

Completely buyout proof and we already have enough terrible contracts.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dreger has been a mouthpiece for a long-time, imo. He's legit though I suppose, so people can certainly take him at face value if they choose. His take (along with Garrioch's) are vastly different from everything else we're hearing though. I guess we may just have to watch it play out.
lmao it used to be "dreger is a mouthpiece for the Leafs neevr says anything good about anyoen else picks ont he Sens only talks about them when things are going bad" says something good (i dont even know what this good thing is yet) and its "woooowww hes a mouthpiece for the Sens too now"

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
You say that like RNH is a terrible low end player. RNH would instantly be the best center on the Sens. Even better than Duchene who I see should be a winger in my opinion. I'm a long time Sens fan and Oilers fan to make this clear. RNH is a high IQ center that is really great with the puck. Has a great defensive game and works hard each night. He had a few injury years that put a hamper on a few seasons. He has more value than you would think to a team. He's the only one that can keep up to how McDavid thinks the game, hence why they put him on his wing. Hoffman doesn't have that IQ to do that. He's a I'll go here, you pass and I'll shoot kind of player. Sens would have to give up more to aquire him.

I tend to agree that RNH is better than Hoffman and the Senators might have to add a second round pick to get him. I disagree with saying he is better than Duchene. I think Edmonton might be better off keeping RNH to play with Connor.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Why would Karlsson’s wife want to move to another city when her family lives in Ottawa? Makes little sense. The Senators will have to offer a Karlsson a large contract to show they tried to sign him or else they would lose many ticket holders. I think $10M over 8 years would do it.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
That lucic contract though....

Completely buyout proof and we already have enough terrible contracts.
Oh, that is only 1 part of he utter tear down I want to do.

Follow that up with Stone to Colorado for our 1st, our 3rd and their 2nd.
Duchene to STL for 1st in 2019 + Fabbri
Karlsson to Vegas for Glass, Suzuki, 1st in 2019.

4x4 for Ceci, 3mx2 for Fabbri

Put Gaborik and MacArthur on LTIR.
Sign Bieksa $4M x 2 years and now the cap hit is $53M
With call ups we will be at the flor.

Lucic and Bieksa will clear up the locker room drama and set examples for the younger guys while protecting them.

We will suck. Bad. But we will have 2 first this year and 3 firsts next (9 picks in total) Add those to;

Fabbri, White, Brown, Formenton, Chabot, Glass, Suzuki, Batherson, Chlapik, Gustavsson and who ever gets drafted.

in 3 years, we could have a stellar team, a new owner and a new arena.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Oh, that is only 1 part of he utter tear down I want to do.

Follow that up with Stone to Colorado for our 1st, our 3rd and their 2nd.
Duchene to STL for 1st in 2019 + Fabbri
Karlsson to Vegas for Glass, Suzuki, 1st in 2019.

4x4 for Ceci, 3mx2 for Fabbri

Put Gaborik and MacArthur on LTIR.
Sign Bieksa $4M x 2 years and now the cap hit is $53M
With call ups we will be at the flor.

Lucic and Bieksa will clear up the locker room drama and set examples for the younger guys while protecting them.

We will suck. Bad. But we will have 2 first this year and 3 firsts next (9 picks in total) Add those to;

Fabbri, White, Brown, Formenton, Chabot, Glass, Suzuki, Batherson, Chlapik, Gustavsson and who ever gets drafted.

in 3 years, we could have a stellar team, a new owner and a new arena.
It's an interesting idea, completely reliant on Colorado wanting Stone for our first.

If I'm in their shoes, our first is worth more than almost anything at this point, highly likely to be a top end lottery pick.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
It's an interesting idea, completely reliant on Colorado wanting Stone for our first.

If I'm in their shoes, our first is worth more than almost anything at this point, highly likely to be a top end lottery pick.

It only works if all trades go through. If even 1 fails to go though it messes it all up.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Stay away from that Lucic contract.

Melnyk won't own the team for the entire duration of that contract. Eventually the cap hit will actually matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad