Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
2019 suppose to be deeper.. if we somehow get 2 more firsts, let colorado have this one.. go into next year with 3.

Id be for it if we trade Karlsson and hit the reset for some reason I think Karlsson isnt going anywhere

Hoffman on the other hand he is gone so a 2019 pick would be my ask

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I don't see us being in on Skinner

Hoffman for a 2C or top4

And if were trading Karlsson I'll guess Edmonton, Vegas, or some way Nashville being involved with Subban (3 way deal)

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I'd be ecstatic if we could get Kempe for Hoffman. I'd even do Hoffman + White for Kempe + Brown, and I'm sure they'd like to move the rest of that contract.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I bet the "more bad news" is gonna be Stone isn't interested in signing long term. Essentially all of Hoffman, Karlsson, Stone and Duchene wont be here this time next year. For those keeping score, that's 4/5 of the team's core players.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
I bet the "more bad news" is gonna be Stone isn't interested in signing long term. Essentially all of Hoffman, Karlsson, Stone and Duchene wont be here this time next year. For those keeping score, that's 4/5 of the team's core players.

I couldn't really blame him if that's the case. As much as I've been a Sens fan for the last decade+, if I was a player near the end of his contract, I'd be looking at better run organizations with less drama.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ok, the team still isn't going to be competing...

A new owner doesn't erase everything that has been going on or what we are left with. Our #2 C is Pageau or a 20 year old rookie, and our #2 winger will be Dzingel. We aren't competing.

I agree they won't erase but they will open their pocketbooks a bit since they know we have EK. They'll sign a top 4 defender and try to obtain a number 2 C, should it be a major issue, during the season.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
NHL buyout window opens tomorrow. It will be interesting to see which players around the league are bought out.

Also both Milan Lucic and David Backes are speculated to be available and there is some speculation that Corey Perry could be available as well. They might be interesting targets if we are able to send a bad contract back.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
NHL buyout window opens tomorrow. It will be interesting to see which players around the league are bought out.

Also both Milan Lucic and David Backes are speculated to be available and there is some speculation that Corey Perry could be available as well. They might be interesting targets if we are able to send a bad contract back.

I'd be all in on Perry if he were available. Even if we only did it for Bryan Murray, I'd be happy.

Backes is a good hit away from retirement sadly. But I'd trade for Lucic. Bobby Ryan straight across.

And should these current allegations around the team prove factual, I'd hope Lucic starts dating a Rhonda Rousey type of gal.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Even if the team is sold, Skinner is one hit to the head away from being a 6.5M anchor. I don't think even potential new ownership would be so flush with cash they'd be willing to eat 6.5M + Ryan's contract + Gaborik's contract in what is essentially dead money.

He's a great player, but the poor guy's injury history leaves me wary.
This narrative has been around forever and it's complete BS. He had issues earlier in his career, like 6 years ago. Here's his games played for the last 5 seasons: 82, 79, 82, 77, 71. Seriously the guy has missed 3 games in the last 3 seasons but he has "injury issues"? Come on now.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
It's pretty clear the Sens are headed for a straight up rebuild, what the hell is Jeff Skinner going to do to help in that regard?

emo

Aug 25, 2003
Cap City
Visit site
I wonder where the better return would come from, the draft or July 1st. On one hand theres more disposable assets at the draft for teams to throw around. On the other hand, teams could have an extension in place for Karlsson after July 1st, which could increase value a ton.

If the team is going to trade Karlsson, it has to be before the draft. If you trade him, you are acknowledging that the team will be bad next year. Then you give Colorado the 4th overall and hope you get Hughes next season.

If we keep the 4th and then trade Karlsson later, we are really neutering our chances of getting the first overall. You will likely get a 1st rounder in 2019 in a Karlsson trade, but the odds of that pick being better than a Sens team without Karlsson is very slim.

Trade Hoff and Smith and shed Burrows and Gaborik. Sign Karl, Stone, and Duchene. Draft Zadina or Tkachuk and start fresh next year (hopefully with a new owner and a better budget) and make sure Colorado doesn't get a lottery pick.

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk/Zadina-Pageau-Ryan
Formenton-White-FA/Trade
Pajaarvi-Brown-Pyatt

Chabot-Karl
Boro-Ceci
Claesson-Wolanin/Wideman

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
It's pretty clear the Sens are headed for a straight up rebuild, what the hell is Jeff Skinner going to do to help in that regard?
Walk as a UFA, or get flipped at the deadline as a rental for less then we paid for him.

He's a great player, but his current contractual situation makes no sense for Ottawa, end of story. In a world where Evander Kane gets 7x7, Skinner as the younger and better player is going to make bank.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

It’s the off-season. Happens every year. People propose ideas that make little sense and have little chance of happening. I choose to live in reality, but maybe that’s just me.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
This narrative has been around forever and it's complete BS. He had issues earlier in his career, like 6 years ago. Here's his games played for the last 5 seasons: 82, 79, 82, 77, 71. Seriously the guy has missed 3 games in the last 3 seasons but he has "injury issues"? Come on now.

Little aggressive there, dude. I haven't been following Skinner or the Canes closely, didn't realize he'd put together a string of several healthy seasons.

Good to hear that he's staying healthy. Every time I see him, he plays well.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think Stone is the kind of guy who will stick it out.. Can't say the same for Duchene though.

But why? The organization is in a shambles and isn't winning any time soon, we can't pay what other teams will, Stone isn't even from the province so there's no hometown connection...

What reason is there to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad