Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Those are some really good players. But its not better than Serg+Point+
I'd rather that package for sure. Borgstrom is much, much better than any pick/prospect Tampa have, and I prefer both those players over both of Tampa's. Both signed long term under 5 million per.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Assuming its for a signed Karlsson...Edmonton needs to add
EK>Drai
Hoff>Klef

Whoah, we are talking about Dorion here! Add a first round draft pick from the Senators; next years pick perhaps, top 6 protected! Yes, I know; that's why I said it. :)

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Those are some really good players. But its not better than Serg+Point+
I mean it's pretty debatable.

Say Trocheck (0.96 PPG) and Point (0.81 PPG) are roughly even. Trocheck is older but has better production on a worse team and is locked up at a very reasonable term and AAV. Point is younger and still on his ELC. They both have their upsides.

Same for the d, Sergachev has for sure the higher upside, but Matheson is already a really solid top 4 D, also signed on a great contract. Then you throw in Borgstrom who is an unreal prospect and there's plenty of compelling reasons to take the Florida package.

If we're being realistic, Tampa isn't in on Karlsson anymore after trading for McDonagh. They can't afford to trade two impact ELC guys off their roster. Hypothetically, that Florida package would be a damn good alternative.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
RNH is only 24.

If there is any deal with Edmonton involving Karlsson, Draisaitl has to be coming back

Trading hoffman for RNH is a lateral move.
I wouldn't say its lateral. Your getting the younger player who places a more valuable position .

RNH probably has more potential to improve Aswell.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If Dorion trade Hoffman for RNH straight up that to me is huge win for Ottawa.

More likely:

Ott: RNH
EDM: Hoffman, Pitt 1st round pick

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Put me on the list of people who would prefer to keep Hoffman instead of RNH.

My thinking is:
JGP actually looks good right now as the 2C, especially when on a line with Stone and Ryan.

Is the loss of Hoffman worth the upgrade of RNH at 2C over JGP? Will that dip of around 30 goals and that beautiful chemistry with Duchene be made up by RNH playing 2C instead of JGP?

I don't think so. Also, why piss off Duchene when you're most likely trying to convince him to re-sign with the team?

Unless you want to trade Hoffman for RNH, lose Duchene to UFA, and then have RNH and JGP as your 1C and 2C...

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Please not RNH. A heck of a pond hockey player who is prone to injury and will be bounced around like a puppy's play toy when he gets to play in the playoffs, where the differences between regular season and the post season are huge. One big hit and he will be on the shelf!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I still don't understand why we would acquire a more expensive OK 2C after we just shipped out the less expensive OK 2C?

I really don't like it, but I understand shopping Hoffman for a Klefbom, especially if you consider the loss of EK in that plan, but I can't imagine trading away Hoffman makes it any more fun for Duchene/Stone to hang around here with no high end snipers to play with.
To get rid of Ryan

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
What do you think of Shea Theodore? Vegas was in on Karlsson at the deadline.

I think he's a lesser Chabot. Would definitely want him or Brannstrom included if we were to trade him to Vegas.

I feel like that ship may have sailed though. Vegas already dealt a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Tatar, and were lacking youth in the system before that, given that they are an expansion team.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Theodore as the main roster guy in a package for Karlsson is like trading Ovechkin for Jaden Schwartz as the roster guy.

Real nice player at that position, nowhere near what you just lost.

If I were McLellan I'd trade Ovechkin for Schwartz in a second.

Sure you're downgrading, but you'd be getting a player that is 7YRs younger, 4M cheaper and far less likely to regress in the foreseeable future.

I would have done a Sergachev+ for Karlsson deal using the same kind of logic.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I definitely don't want RNH, not only would he make our centre position weaker & softer, he makes too much for what he returns & sucks defensively. I would much rather keep Hoffman.

However, does Ottawa even need a centre? They have Brown, White, & Chlapik almost NHL ready & Batherson can also play centre. IMO they need goal scoring wingers more so than centres. They will finish the yr wth Pageau as the #2 centre on this team & maybe even go another yr with him but IMO Brown might be the best bet to be the #2 centre next season. He's already got the size, the vision & the skill but just lacks the experience & if Ottawa is going to suck anyway next season why not let him learn the ropes in the NHL right off the bat.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
If/when Karlsson is traded, I hope it's to the Oilers for a package involving Larsson/Klefbom, their top 5-10 pick this year (which we could use on a D) and maybe another decent piece.

We need young D in return if we are trading Karlsson.
this is another Spezza trade.If our goal is to keep the stars we have now that trade means our core will be less and our depth is too young to be good.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I definitely don't want RNH, not only would he make our centre position weaker & softer, he makes too much for what he returns & sucks defensively.

You clearly don’t know much about RNH if you think he sucks defensively. I don’t want him either but for different reasons, mainly the center point you bring up afterwards.

Reactions: BloodRedArmy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Do the Sens trade Kalrsson to where he would like to go or to where they get the most return based on his time here & everything that he has done for the organization? If he wanted to go to Tampa would he be happy to be traded to Edmonton?

I'm not so sure that Karlsson would not have some say in where he is moved, if he is moved at all. Anyone know for sure which teams are on his list of where he would go or not go? Maybe some of these teams we are talking about might be on his list of places he does not want to be traded too. Something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad