Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Guys, I was in enemy territory for the last 2.5 days (Montreal). Did I miss anything?

Side note: Whoever designed the road network in Montreal must have done it with his/her eyes closed. I hate driving in that city.

I made the mistake of trying to take the A20 into downtown Montreal - the entire freeway east of the airport is shut down with no advance warning, and the signs indicating a (non-existent) detour rerouted me onto the South Shore.

Oh and I'd probably do the Hoff for Nuge deal. I know the knock on the Nuge is he's injury prone, but he's only missed significant time in 1 of the past 5 seasons.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
RNH is only 24.

If there is any deal with Edmonton involving Karlsson, Draisaitl has to be coming back

Trading hoffman for RNH is a lateral move.
Its a lateral move for sure, but its a GOOD lateral move short term. Long term it has the possibility to be a very good move.

If Karlsson is getting traded you can BET a top 6 winger is coming back our way.

Now lets see...

Rumored partners in the West include SJS, Vegas, and these "stealth teams".
Oh look they all have good wingers who are roster players, and some solid F prospects. Theres you answer...

Im fine with Kleft, and I like RNH. a tad overpaid but if Karlsson and Ryan are gone, money won't be an issue.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Just out of curiosity, what’s everyone’s opinion on JVR? I think he’s a solid player. He has put up almost 30 goals in the last 2 seasons and I feel like he hasnt really been appreciated on Toronto too much. His down fall is his age he’s 28.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I do not believe the Sens trade Ceci at this point. IMO regardless , that Dorion has said mutliple times that D is an area of strength in the organization.. I don't agree .. We can have 15 guys that can play #6D but that does not equate to depth imo. They are particularly shallow on the right side. All year long we've seen them force LDs over to the right side with less than desired results. If EK is moved that depletes the right side even more.

Besides Dahlin, who plays RD as a lefty the Draft has 3 natural RDs that will likely go top 10... Boqvist, Dobson, and Bouchard.. I would not be surprised if the Sens take one of them.

I also hope they resign Wideman for a year or two for some insurance there.

Last edited:
Reactions: topshelf15

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Just out of curiosity, what’s everyone’s opinion on JVR? I think he’s a solid player. He has put up almost 30 goals in the last 2 seasons and I feel like he hasnt really been appreciated on Toronto too much. His down fall is his age he’s 28.

Useful player but not somebody I'd go out of my way to acquire. I don't feel he brings much more than skill down low and a net front presence.

As for this Edmonton stuff, the first domino that has to fall is what is going to happen with Karlsson. Nobody knows what direction this team is going and our plan with him should determine that. At this point, any RNH speculating is just reshuffling chairs and frankly Hoffman is a better talent and rarer commodity anyways.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Count me out on the proposed Ceci+Hoff for Nuge+Klefbom, same would go for Hoff for Nuge. This is not how I would like to use valuable trade assets and imo we lose the best player in the deal.

Reactions: aragorn

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
I like RNH as well. I have liked him since he was a rookie. I think he is good in all 3 zones. He has much better defensive awareness in his own end than Draisaitl. Look who Drai had to play with last night... Pulj and Lucic .. hard to create a lot of points.. RNH was often in the same boat.. He's played on the wing with McDavid and he has looked good doing it. IN the absence of being able to score Drai and pay Duchene , I think RNH is a good 2C option. Having Duchene, RNH, Pageau ...strengthens the C position

Value on a trade .. in a bubble .. I'd say RNH for Hoffman is close. I would hate to lose Hoffman.. We need top 6 wingers as bad. This team has needs everywhere.

I feel pretty much the exact same way.

While RNH never lived up to draft status of a bonafide 1C, I like him as a 2C who is good in all three zones, a strong skater, and just entering his prime years.

I'd just hate to lose Hoffman for him. We don't really have anyone else with Hoffman's skill set, and guys like that aren't easy to find.

This would be a great trade for Edmonton IMO. Hoffman is exactly the type of winger that would thrive with McDavid, and RNH is expendable when you commit to Draisaitl as your 2C.

For us though, I'd rather keep Hoffman.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Not that I would do this but you could trade Karlsson and Ryan to Vegas for a good roster player (s) + prospect or 2 + 1st and maybe another pick. A total of 5 or 6 pieces.

Then sign JVR for like 4 or 5 years 6 mil each

Hoffman-Duche-Dzingel
(Neal, Marchessault, Haula)-JVR-Stone
Smith-Pageau-White
Paajarvi-pyatt-McCormick
Paul

Or we could target a RW from LV with Ryan absent. There’s a lot of Left handed people in the line up here.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
And our farm would be stacked with this years 2 first, formenton, Batherson, Brown and all the picks/prospects received from LV

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I feel pretty much the exact same way.

While RNH never lived up to draft status of a bonafide 1C, I like him as a 2C who is good in all three zones, a strong skater, and just entering his prime years.

I'd just hate to lose Hoffman for him. We don't really have anyone else with Hoffman's skill set, and guys like that aren't easy to find.

This would be a great trade for Edmonton IMO. Hoffman is exactly the type of winger that would thrive with McDavid, and RNH is expendable when you commit to Draisaitl as your 2C.

For us though, I'd rather keep Hoffman.

Our left winger depth sucks... Lose Hoffman. Thankfully Dzingel was able to jump in to a top 6 role... But We lose Hoffman, and Ryan who can play LW .. and our best left winger is Dzingel is very thin. I get trying to build up the middle but .. this team needs to rob from Peter to pay Paul. If they keep everyone they can be a bubble team again. They would need to improve a lot to be in 3rd spot in their division

Same for our RD position if they lose EK and ship out Ceci... Who is going to play RD... It seems this Management/Coaching group think we can play any LD over on the right but .. to me it clearly did not work.. and it doesn't work because it's damn hard for most unless you are really nimble with your edges, pivots, and hands.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Not that I would do this but you could trade Karlsson and Ryan to Vegas for a good roster player (s) + prospect or 2 + 1st and maybe another pick. A total of 5 or 6 pieces.

Then sign JVR for like 4 or 5 years 6 mil each

Hoffman-Duche-Dzingel
(Neal, Marchessault, Haula)-JVR-Stone
Smith-Pageau-White
Paajarvi-pyatt-McCormick
Paul

Or we could target a RW from LV with Ryan absent. There’s a lot of Left handed people in the line up here.
We need to unload Smith.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I do not believe the Sens trade Ceci at this point. IMO regardless , that Dorion has said mutliple times that D is an area of strength in the organization.. I don't agree .. We can have 15 guys that can play #6D but that does not equate to depth imo. They are particularly shallow on the right side. All year long we've seen them force LDs over to the right side with less than desired results. If EK is moved that depletes the right side even more.

Besides Dahlin, who plays RD as a lefty the Draft has 3 natural RDs that will likely go top 10... Boqvist, Dobson, and Bouchard.. I would not be surprised if the Sens take one of them.

I also hope they resign Wideman for a year or two for some insurance there.
Yep ,if we trade EK and Ryan..Thats pretty thin for skill on the right side,the forwards we could likley manage...But the defense yeah its not good

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Already had your chance with Hall.

In all seriousness, I wonder what is brewing between Ottawa and Edmonton. I have a feeling something big. We both have idiots for GM's and Owners

Our GM isn't an idiot at all. Don't read to much into 5 loud posters on here. Owner's are a different story all together.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I made the mistake of trying to take the A20 into downtown Montreal - the entire freeway east of the airport is shut down with no advance warning, and the signs indicating a (non-existent) detour rerouted me onto the South Shore.

Oh and I'd probably do the Hoff for Nuge deal. I know the knock on the Nuge is he's injury prone, but he's only missed significant time in 1 of the past 5 seasons.
Yep fun isnt it...Much moreso if you are in a semi and they do that..Best bet i find is to stay on the 40 and cut down usually of the 13

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
hes probably seen the deals he has made and drawn that conclusion himself, which is fair

Not really at all. Burrows is the only questionable one. Brassard was a good deal, Duchene was a friggin home run, what else is there?

I mean even Burrows scored 11 points in 20 games and was the first star in 2-3 games down the must win stretch run.

We have GM with the balls to make big moves to help the team, he may be a lot of things, but he's a good assessor of talent, an excellent scout, and he has balls. He's definitely not an idiot.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Not really at all. Burrows is the only questionable one. Brassard was a good deal, Duchene was a friggin home run, what else is there?

I mean even Burrows scored 11 points in 20 games and was the first star in 2-3 games down the must win stretch run.

We have GM with the balls to make big moves to help the team, he may be a lot of things, but he's a good assessor of talent, an excellent scout, and he has balls. He's definitely not an idiot.
Agreed. He still get the benefit of the doubt from me.

His big misses so far have been the extensions (Burrows, Anderson, Condon), not the trades.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If/when Karlsson is traded, I hope it's to the Oilers for a package involving Larsson/Klefbom, their top 5-10 pick this year (which we could use on a D) and maybe another decent piece.

We need young D in return if we are trading Karlsson.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If/when Karlsson is traded, I hope it's to the Oilers for a package involving Larsson/Klefbom, their top 5-10 pick this year (which we could use on a D) and maybe another decent piece.

We need young D in return if we are trading Karlsson.

What do you think of Shea Theodore? Vegas was in on Karlsson at the deadline.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Count me out on the proposed Ceci+Hoff for Nuge+Klefbom, same would go for Hoff for Nuge. This is not how I would like to use valuable trade assets and imo we lose the best player in the deal.

Ceci for RNH straight up would be interesting, but I feel we’d have to add. Don’t love RNH’s contract though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ceci for RNH straight up would be interesting, but I feel we’d have to add. Don’t love RNH’s contract though.
So both EK and Ceci gone???Leaving us with an unproven Jaros and a busted up Wideman as the team,s only RHD....We cant do that ,if we move Ceci we need a decent rhd back in return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad