Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
It's a real testament to how tight-lipped the team has been recently when we're talking about what rumorbreak, nhlconfidant and eklund have to say.

I think you might get more reliable info from the wellington diner.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
well we still need to:

trade Karlsson
trade Ryan
trade Anderson
sign Stone
sign Ceci
sign Duchene
potentially sign Tkachuk to ELC
Hire a new assistant GM

at least theres not much left to do this summer and we have a great GM in charge of all of it :sarcasm:

Reactions: branch

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
It seems like the only free agents left are AHL help. For those familiar with what Bellville needs are there any thoughts on whether the following would be interesting to sign or invite to camp?

Reclamation Projects
Keegan Iverson, Emmerson Etem, David Broll, Mike Mckee, Keegan Kanzig, Zach Nastasuik, Justin Auger, Andrew Crescenzi, Hunter Smith, Ryan Kujawinski, Duncan Siemens, Mario Lucia, Tomas Jurco, Adam Tambellini, Shane Prince, Emile Porier

AHL-ers

Zach Sill, Eric Tangradi, Brandon Mashinter, Pierre-Cedric Labrie, Luke Gazdic

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
well we still need to:

trade Karlsson
trade Ryan
trade Anderson
sign Stone
sign Ceci
sign Duchene
Hire a new assistant GM

at least theres not much left to do this summer and we have a great GM in charge of all of it :sarcasm:

It really is messed up how quiet the team has been on all fronts considering the huge moves that need to be made still. The team is in a terrible state and if they are serious about fixing it, they shouldn't be leaving everything to the last minute.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
well we still need to:

trade Karlsson
trade Ryan
trade Anderson
sign Stone
sign Ceci
sign Duchene
Hire a new assistant GM

We don’t really need to trade Anderson though.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It seems like the only free agents left are AHL help. For those familiar with what Bellville needs are there any thoughts on whether the following would be interesting to sign or invite to camp?

Reclamation Projects
Keegan Iverson, Emmerson Etem, David Broll, Mike Mckee, Keegan Kanzig, Zach Nastasuik, Justin Auger, Andrew Crescenzi, Hunter Smith, Ryan Kujawinski, Duncan Siemens, Mario Lucia, Tomas Jurco, Adam Tambellini, Shane Prince, Emile Porier

AHL-ers

Belleville is full:

????? - Chlapik - Batherson
Perron - Brown - Rodewald
Luchuk - O'Brien - Gagne
Leier - Sexton - Sturtz
Scarfo

Wolanin - Jaros
Englund - Bergman
Sieloff - Burgdoefer
Lajoie, Erkamps

Gustavsson
McKenna
Hogberg

????? = whichever of Carey/Paul/McCormick doesn't stick in Ottawa

We shouldn't add anyone else. Would just push one of our young players down the depth chart, just like Sieloff (who shouldn't have been re-signed) will do to Englund/Lajoie.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
well we still need to:

trade Karlsson
trade Ryan
trade Anderson
sign Stone
sign Ceci
sign Duchene
Hire a new assistant GM

Imagine Melnyk takes the role with him playing both the President and Assistant GM at the same time. Discussions with Dorion would be hilariously close to this if it weren't so plausible.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Reclamation Projects

AHL-ers

I would think about bringing prince back.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Reclamation Projects

AHL-ers

Many of those guys are barely AHL quality. Jurco, Tambellini, Prince and Poirier are the only ones with any type of upside IMO. I'd take a flyer on any of them but Jurco and Poirier are the most enticing by far imo.

That said, there are some minimally-interesting UFAs left for the NHL level.

Hartnell
Winnik
Hamhuis
Enstrom
Letestu
Lehtonen
Wingels
Versteeg
Vermette
Hansen
Stempniak
Pouliot
Stajan
Orpik

Not a list of world-beaters but most of these guys can still play at the NHL level (some might be too injury prone at this point, see: Stempniak). If we trade Anderson without getting a goalie in return, Lehtonen on a 1-year deal seems like a decent add.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Hansen + Vermette + Enstrom.

Would also be happy with Winnik or Letestu so we can trade them at the deadline.

We need some vets badly.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Thats great....but literally has nothing to do with the actual factual outcome which wont be known for some time, ignorance is bliss i suppose
Are you kidding? Calling someone else ignorant here is actually unbelievable. Factual outcome. The team finished 2nd last and doesnt have their first next year and still havent extended the player they traded all of this for.

Reactions: jehkob

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Are you kidding? Calling someone else ignorant here is actually unbelievable. Factual outcome. The team finished 2nd last and doesnt have their first next year and still havent extended the player they traded all of this for.

Its fairly easy to understand what im saying or so i thought...my general sentiment is that declaring a winner or loser at this stage for that particular trade is absolutely silly and fundamentally incorrect, make a prediction sure if ya want but there are no absolutes at this time...that is fact and isnt up for debate, i personally liked the trade and still do, im basing this on my learnings from the past were i over reacted at the time of trade only to look back and see that things worked out. A recent example of this for me would be the Heatley trade, hated the return initially but felt we did allright in the long run

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Its fairly easy to understand what im saying or so i thought...my general sentiment is that declaring a winner or loser at this stage for that particular trade is absolutely silly and fundamentally incorrect, make a prediction sure if ya want but there are no absolutes at this time...that is fact and isnt up for debate, i personally liked the trade and still do, im basing this on my learnings from the past were i over reacted at the time of trade only to look back and see that things worked out. A recent example of this for me would be the Heatley trade, hated the return initially but felt we did allright in the long run
heatley was traded 9 f***ing years ago how long do you want us to wait before evaluating a trade? does the player have to retire before i'm allowed to declare a winner and loser

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
heatley was traded 9 ****ing years ago how long do you want us to wait before evaluating a trade? does the player have to retire before i'm allowed to declare a winner and loser

I personally dont care whenever you want to do it....for me personally to make a solid statement that i will stand by...i like to have all the facts, i deemed the heatley trade a win as we saw Michalek put up decent seasons for us whilst Heatley sharply declined, maybe not the best example of trade but for that one i was super pissed at the time but a few years later kind of thought it actually worked out well for us.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
There's no real facts backing you up though, its just what you feel. You liked the trade at the time and that seems to really be the only thing that matters. You've dismissed Girard because of past seasons by Wiercioch and Cowen (which is an incredibly flawed argument), so you don't seem too concerned with actually seeing how things play out because you're already throwing outcome out the window.

Its really easy to say Colorado won because of the on ice product and the off ice assets they banked for a guy who didn't want to be there and who will be a free agent soon.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
For the trade experts:

Who won the Brassard trade this past season and why?
Who won the trade we made at the draft for picks with the Rangers and why?
Who won the Ian Cole trade and why?
Who won the Shore trade and why?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
There's no real facts backing you up though, its just what you feel. You liked the trade at the time and that seems to really be the only thing that matters. You've dismissed Girard because of past seasons by Wiercioch and Cowen (which is an incredibly flawed argument), so you don't seem too concerned with actually seeing how things play out because you're already throwing outcome out the window.

Its really easy to say Colorado won because of the on ice product and the off ice assets they banked for a guy who didn't want to be there and who will be a free agent soon.

So at this time, how would you rate the assets in that trade, not what you believe they will turn into?

For me it goes:

Duchene

Girard
Picks and prospects

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Thats great....but literally has nothing to do with the actual factual outcome which wont be known for some time, ignorance is bliss i suppose
Ok, using all logic and looking at:

A. The state of the team now and moving forward
B. Value (again, very factual...) we gave up. More than we can expect in a Karlsson deal. Too bad we can't deal with Dorion.
C. The amount we are going to have to pay to keep Duchene into his regression years of 30+, if we are able to keep him. It's one or the other.

I have no doubt Duchene will be a good player for the Sens for the next 3/4 years should we be able to sign him. But to what end would that matter?

We won't be competing in that time frame, while Bowers and the 2019 1st will be online then in ELC roles (not to mention whatever Turris could have got at the deadline, I won't even use the 19 year old top D he actually returned).

But yeah, I will sit in my ignorant bliss while you can wait until everything falls instead of using context/evidence/hindsight/foresight.

Reactions: jehkob

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Ok, using all logic and looking at:

A. The state of the team now and moving forward
B. Value (again, very factual...) we gave up. More than we can expect in a Karlsson deal. Too bad we can't deal with Dorion.
C. The amount we are going to have to pay to keep Duchene into his regression years of 30+, if we are able to keep him. It's one or the other.

I have no doubt Duchene will be a good player for the Sens for the next 3/4 years should we be able to sign him. But to what end would that matter?

We won't be competing in that time frame, while Bowers and the 2019 1st will be online then in ELC roles (not to mention whatever Turris could have got at the deadline, I won't even use the 19 year old top D he actually returned).

But yeah, I will sit in my ignorant bliss while you can wait until everything falls instead of using context/evidence/hindsight/foresight.

I disagree with you on a fundamental level about virtually everything you believe here, will see how she goes in a few years and perhaps re-visit sometime.

Honest question, Did you feel we lost all of the last 3-4 trades we made? If no which ones did we do all right in and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad