Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-2020 (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Even if he does not play, at 700K he is easily worth that In the room with the kids

this would be a way to significantly improve the coaching in the room... worst management group in the league and could add a Spezza as a coach type

Maybe helps lead him into a second career and it would improve the image of the club tremendously is Spezza came back and became a face of that... maybe leads to an Alfredsson return one day

this club DESPERATELY needs good PR
I wouldn't call this good PR. It would be dumb and shortsighted.

It was like the Rough Riders bringing in Dexter Manley.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I wouldn't call this good PR. It would be dumb and shortsighted.

It was like the Rough Riders bringing in Dexter Manley.

that’s your fault for thinking Spezza has no knowledge

I think he knows the game rather well

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
that’s your fault for thinking Spezza has no knowledge

I think he knows the game rather well
That isn't even up for debate. Where did I say he has no knowledge? He is washed up and bringing him back, wearing 19 will only set him up for failure. You want him behind the bench? I can live with that

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
At this point Spezza is probably still better than any of our centers.

Doubtful.

I'm still on board for bringing him back if that's the main takeaway, but he's clearly in the "mentor" phase of his career. We have a couple of better/ more effective centers on the roster.

I'd certainly love seeing Spezza out there instead of Beaudin though, I'll tell you that much.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The main concern with Spezza would be his mindset. Is he chasing a Cup? Is he 100% onboard with being on a young (losing) team to be a mentor? Is he just putting in the time?

The guy knows the league and all the intricacies of the center position and all of that....but it doesn't necessarily mean a lot if he was looking at "Ray Bourque-ing" the last year of his career to get a ring. The heart and mind has to be committed to the role of mentor, for it to work for him, the team and the kids. Considering he signed with Toronto, it kinda feels like he's hunting a Cup more than anything else. And I don't blame him...he really does need that extra bit of hardware if he wants to be a lock for the HHOF.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Already passed through I think.

He did. I have not followed his callups, send downs=. On Sept 30 he was waived initially. Then called up, then sent down, now called up again.
"Once a player clears waivers, the team does not have to immediately reassign the player. However, once the player has played ten games or spent thirty days on an NHL roster, the waivers expire and the player will have to clear again before being loaned to another league."
Nic Petan is back on the NHL roster

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
If we are going to bring back a previous player I'd hope its Kyle Turris seems like he has fallen out of favour in Nashville

So If the Preds will retain 25% id make that trade

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
If we are going to bring back a previous player I'd hope its Kyle Turris seems like he has fallen out of favour in Nashville

So If the Preds will retain 25% id make that trade

no no no

Turris is done. Too old and slow. Maybe for under $2m, but his contract is almost as bad as Bobby Ryan's.

Reactions: NB613

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
no no no

Turris is done. Too old and slow. Maybe for under $2m, but his contract is almost as bad as Bobby Ryan's.

He's not and $ could be better with a retain % and "too old" he is younger than 5 or 6 of our current players...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m not getting a ‘mentor’ vibe when thinking about Turris. He doesn’t really have anything I value in terms of passing into the kids.

Not at all interested in having him back in any capacity really, and his wife enjoyed taking pot shots at the the team on social media pretty much closes the door on any of that anyways.

Not even slightly what we need around the kids.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Turris certainly isn't worth his contract, but he'd be in our top-6 easily.

There's a difference between being worth less than your contract (which he certainly is) and being done as a player (which he definitely is not)

He's still a top-6 player on at least a third of the teams in this league. He seems to have rebounded pretty ok from his foot injuries. I'd love to bring him back if Nashville ate ~$2mil (ish)/year on that contract, which won't ever happen anyways due to Julie's twitter history and Melnyk still being here. Want nothing to do with him at his current salary, obviously.

Reactions: guyzeur and Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad