Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I don’t think it’s the comments, it’s the context. The kid was dropped from the league completely after never having made it. It’s also doubly a shame when the skill seems to be there, but not the determination or character.

Not a single team wanted him when they could have picked him up for free.

That’s not a position for a kid to have any kind of attitude, that’s reality gut punch. It’s a time to shut your mouth and hit the grind stone kind of moment. While it may be a different response from most people, it’s just not impressive given the exactly zero he has shown to date.

His first regular season game in 5/6 months. He's happy to be back playing pro hockey again. I do not have a problem with it. As I said,I prefer honest enthusiasm to cookie cutter answers.

I am much more concerned with whether JHS has been humbled enough by passing through waivers to finally buy into what Trotz has been preaching: play defensively responsible.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Trade Colin White for a defensively minded young DMAN and commit to Pager as our 3C at $5x5.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
But according to you White has negative (or little) value with his contract. Do you think GMs are this stupid?

Well ... enough people argue for White that there has to be some value there. More importantly we are tip toeing around the Pager issue mostly because we have committed to White at $4.75 to be the 40-50 pts 3rd Line Center. IMO We are a better team with Pager at 3C than White over the next 5 years so why not just give Pager White’s $5 and use White to boost up the top 6 dman. Lots of room for Brown, Norris, Byfield, Stutzle, or CT to fill out the other C positions.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well ... enough people argue for White that there has to be some value there. More importantly we are tip toeing around the Pager issue mostly because we have committed to White at $4.75 to be the 40-50 pts 3rd Line Center. IMO We are a better team with Pager at 3C than White over the next 5 years so why not just give Pager White’s $5 and use White to boost up the top 6 dman. Lots of room for Brown, Norris, Byfield, Stutzle, or CT to fill out the other C positions.
Pageau is not worth a 5 x 5.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
one season doesn't make a career

don't make the Smith mistake

sure - but looking at what CT, CW, AA all make it’s not a stretch to add $1-2 million on top of those guys. That doesn’t mean we have to pay it ... but it is what the market would probably pay him.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
sure - but looking at what CT, CW, AA all make it’s not a stretch to add $1-2 million on top of those guys. That doesn’t mean we have to pay it ... but it is what the market would probably pay him.
Every UFA in demand is overpaid in July. If the market gives him 5 x 5 he will be overpaid.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Worse players have gotten more than that in recent years, its entirely possible that he does get upwards of 6M in free agency if a team is desperate enough.
Teams are getting smarter about these types of deals. Fewer and fewer mistakes every year.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Teams are getting smarter about these types of deals. Fewer and fewer mistakes every year.

For sure. If the Sens offer Pager $4.5 x 4 at the TDL I don’t think he takes it which pushes him out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad