Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Want him? 3rd or 4th would be aces.
Hunh? He is getting more in a deal than Ceci would right now I can tell you that. He is the only capable RD on the team right now that doesnt get destroyed nightly.

He's been meh, but compared to everyone else he's looked fantastic.

Would probably be in and out of lineups as the 6/7 (like with SJ, and then them not qualifying him) with a playoff team.

Probably resigns for 1.5ish I would think

I think he has been much better than that, he is solid and works well in a system that moves the puck aggressively. You cant ignore his plus minus on a team as bad as the sens. He makes the right play most of the time, not an easy thing to do with the speed the game is moving at. Yes it benefits he plays with Chabot but he appears to be the only RD that can do it effectively which is a skill in its self. To me he has been the most suprising and best part of the Karlsson trade. No he isnt a top pairing D but he can hold his own in a top 4 role with a good partner. That is something that no one else on this team can do. He isnt Methot or anything but he compliments chabots play well similar to the way Methot did with Karlsson.

Wonder if the Avs 1st is in play. Doubt it based on how they have played recently. Currently is sitting at 14th OVR.

Could see Meloche/Greer + 2nd, or maybe we take a gamble on Timmins even though he hasn't played all year.

If they can get Timmins even with the injuries straight up for Dzingel id do cart wheels.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Hunh? He is getting more in a deal than Ceci would right now I can tell you that. He is the only capable RD on the team right now that doesnt get destroyed nightly.

I think he has been much better than that, he is solid and works well in a system that moves the puck aggressively. You cant ignore his plus minus on a team as bad as the sens. He makes the right play most of the time, not an easy thing to do with the speed the game is moving at. Yes it benefits he plays with Chabot but he appears to be the only RD that can do it effectively which is a skill in its self. To me he has been the most suprising and best part of the Karlsson trade. No he isnt a top pairing D but he can hold his own in a top 4 role with a good partner. That is something that no one else on this team can do. He isnt Methot or anything but he compliments chabots play well similar to the way Methot did with Karlsson.

If they can get Timmins even with the injuries straight up for Dzingel id do cart wheels.
If we lose Stone and/or Duchene, which looks the likely, who cares, just trade anyone and everyone with value and build for 4 or 5 years out. He's been fine, but he's a nothing piece that will eventually be cast away imo, might as well grab another magic bean.

If anything we should be as bad as possible these next two or three years to get some real cornerstone pieces beyond Chabot.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If we lose Stone and/or Duchene, which looks the likely, who cares, just trade anyone and everyone with value and build for 4 or 5 years out. He's been fine, but he's a nothing piece that will eventually be cast away imo, might as well grab another magic bean.

If anything we should be as bad as possible these next two or three years to get some real cornerstone pieces beyond Chabot.
Yep ,and hope the owner GTFO of here...We cant do shit with him being here

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

He is 25 and having a great season, he can play here for a while makes no sense to trade players like him on good contracts at his age when you are rebuilding unless its massive overpayment. I think you are undervalueing him big time. D men dont just come along that can play regular shifts and be plus players on terrible teams. On top of that you still need to ice a team trading him for a 3rd or 4th rounder is horrible asset management.

I dont subscribe to the trade everyone idea either, you need veterans and players in different age groups he is young enough to build with the rebuild. Its proven time and time again the scorched earth model does not work without veteran leadership to help the younger players along.

Reactions: h2owned

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So now we have numbers,next the blame gets shifted to the player...While EM cries poor,and PD wonders about the choices he has made

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He is 25 and having a great season, he can play here for a while makes no sense to trade players like him on good contracts at his age when you are rebuilding unless its massive overpayment. I think you are undervalueing him big time. D men dont just come along that can play regular shifts and be plus players on terrible teams. On top of that you still need to ice a team trading him for a 3rd or 4th rounder is horrible asset management.

I dont subscribe to the trade everyone idea either, you need veterans and players in different age groups he is young enough to build with the rebuild. Its proven time and time again the scorched earth model does not work without veteran leadership to help the younger players along.
I'm not undervaluing him. By the time we're good again he'll be around 30. We're scorching this whether we like it or not. Ftr though, I don't really care if he stays or goes, but if we ever want to turn the corner, we need blue chippers, which requires a lot of losing.

We're trading everyone and have a mediocre prospect pool, why are we doing anything other than trying to lose as much as possible these next 2 or 3 years and finally get prospects that aren't just magic beans?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So now we have numbers,next the blame gets shifted to the player...While EM cries poor,and PD wonders about the choices he has made

Its essentially the exact same format as Karlsson, if they think that anyone is buying this anymore they have truly lost it. I am so happy I have the bots on block so I dont have to hear some B.S story trying to defend the organization.

Also why the hell is Frank Seravaelli an authority on hockey who the hell is this guy? What has he ever done to deserve to be this guy? I cant stand him.

Reactions: topshelf15

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Duchene - 99 % Gone
Ceci - Hopefully gone
Dzingle - Probably gone
Anderson - 50 % chance gone

All cost cutting measures by our genius owner.

This your opinion or what you're hearing?

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Trading Duchene with a contract extension...I wonder if Philly is in on that.

Last edited:

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Hilarious all these high end players are leaving before a pathetic excuse of a coach.

Dorion is garbage

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
The Sens at least have managed points in 16 of 26 homes games this year, and 22 out of 40 last year.

If they trade enough assets so going to a game means zero points more often than not, look out, the CTC will be an absolute ghost town next year. Over to you El Cheapo...

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Duchene to Islanders for Bode Wilde and Anthony Beauvilier and a 3rd in 2020 that becomes a first if Duchene resigns and the islanders make it to the conference finals.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Trading Duchene with a contract extension...I wonder if Philly is in on that.

Duchene isn't stupid . He isn't going to sign for anything less than what he feels he deserves and without a NTC.

Its the same situation as Karlsson except Melnyk wanted him gone.

Im sure we are going to be hearing the usual b.s. of "well we offered a contract" nonsense as to try and win over the fans. Such crap

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Duchene - 99 % Gone
Ceci - Hopefully gone
Dzingle - Probably gone
Anderson - 50 % chance gone

All cost cutting measures by our genius owner.

I am actually ok losing all these people.

Melnyks cheapness coming through.

Would rather have the assets from trading Duchene and Dzingel than paying them $8M+ x 8 years and $5M+ 5 years respectively.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Duchene isn't stupid . He isn't going to sign for anything less than what he feels he deserves and without a NTC.

Im sure we are going to be hearing the usual b.s. of "well we offered a contract" nonsense as to try and win over the fans. Such crap

but im saying they mentioned we could trade Duchene with a contract in place (i.e work with Brisson and the other team)

I wonder which teams fit the bill for that come the deadline - Duchene gets his 8 year deal and we get max value

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
"Matt Duchene was unliked in the room. We had to protect the minds of our young boys like Brady Tkachuk. The democracy is now an oligarchy."

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Question period is going to be full of propaganda over the next 3 weeks. Going to be lots of golden nuggets from Brucie

"Getting the sense that there's a rift, Sens are not liking the attitude these guys are putting towards the team"

"Going to be some hard decisions to make, the Sens have made A SIZEABLE offer, the ball is now in the players court"

"Pierre Dorion is starting to get a sense that in order to get over the hump, they need to get younger, and these guys offer the best value to the team in that aspect"

etc, etc.

I mean, Dorion literally said they needed to get younger and faster in the offseason/September. Ironically, we traded away 2 of our 3 fastest players, both under 30. It's like they literally have no clue what they are doing, and are just spinning an excuse wheel and saying whatever the arrow lands on.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I just don't understand why anyone would be surprised by this.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Duchene says it will be a "hockey decision and a process he is evaluating" Not the cup contender he thought he was signing up for.
This is a guy who is hungry to compete and actually get in the playoffs and make a run.
What does the crystal ball say?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why would we want a soon to be 30 year old depth player in the scheme of our rebuild? We'd have been better off with a mid round pick. He's not going to return anything, otherwise the Sharks would have moved him prior.

I'd be very angry if we gave up picks for him, it's the cpmplete oppstie thing the Sens should be doing.

Getting Boedker at all flies in the face of intelligence.

Just meant wrt the value. Trading Hoffman while rebuilding, obviously the target should have been different, though perhaps as @NorthCoast suggested, we thought we could rebuild his value by playing him up the lineup and get more for him at the TDL. I think a team might pick him up as a rental for depth next year; having him on a contenders 4th line could be good so long as they don't need to fit his cap hit in for a full season. A normal team could even retain to make him more attractive, but I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad