Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think he has been much better than that, he is solid and works well in a system that moves the puck aggressively. You cant ignore his plus minus on a team as bad as the sens. He makes the right play most of the time, not an easy thing to do with the speed the game is moving at. Yes it benefits he plays with Chabot but he appears to be the only RD that can do it effectively which is a skill in its self. To me he has been the most suprising and best part of the Karlsson trade. No he isnt a top pairing D but he can hold his own in a top 4 role with a good partner. That is something that no one else on this team can do. He isnt Methot or anything but he compliments chabots play well similar to the way Methot did with Karlsson.

I thought Jaros looked promising with Chabot, and from an advanced stats perspective, DeMelo doesn't stand out in a good way (though the others don't have much of a sample)

PositionTeamTOI WithCF% WithSCF% WithHDCF% With
Dylan DeMeloDOTT402.347.748.3746.86
Cody CeciDOTT144.1348.7250.3252.94
Christian JarosDOTT72.7545.5244.6254.17
Ben HarpurDOTT65.9844.445063.64
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Something around Duchene+Ceci for Patrick and Ghost

Both teams could make a big trade that fits I think

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Something around Duchene+Ceci for Patrick and Ghost

Both teams could make a big trade that fits I think

I don't think it makes sense for them to move Gostisbehere if they already feel they need an additional veteran top 4 defender. Patrick makes sense to me as a main piece for a signed Duchene.

Duchene/Ceci/Anderson/Falk/OTT 2023 4th

Patrick/Myers/2019 BOS 1st*/2019 PHI 2nd/McDonald/Weise/PHI 2023 5th

*The 1st of which ever playoff team acquires Wayne Simmonds from them.

McDonald and Weise are cap dumps. We can probably get late picks for them at the next trade deadline.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I really think the only teams that will trade for Duchene is for a playoff run. Too risky for a team out of the playoffs to trade for him just for him to walk.

Reactions: Icelevel

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Rather would not trade with San Jose after the Hoffman stuff.

They can go find help somewhere else.

San Jose can suck it lol I never want that team to fleece us ever again.

This is an understandable view point, but a counter point that somebody mentioned is that if Karlsson re-signs and SJ makes the SCF, San Jose’s 2021 1st becomes Ottawa property. (Becomes a 2020 2nd if he re-signs and they don’t.)

Would that be enough to make you guys change your minds on trading with SJ?

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I don't think it makes sense for them to move Gostisbehere if they already feel they need an additional veteran top 4 defender. Patrick makes sense to me as a main piece for a signed Duchene.

McDonald and Weise are cap dumps. We can probably get late picks for them at the next trade deadline.

great touch on downgrading the random pick, its dorion's signature move

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I really think the only teams that will trade for Duchene is for a playoff run. Too risky for a team out of the playoffs to trade for him just for him to walk.

I think this goes without saying, but there has been speculation about trade and signs/sign and trades.

If a team like PHI trades for Duchene, they only do it with an extension in place.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
This is an understandable view point, but a counter point that somebody mentioned is that if Karlsson re-signs and SJ makes the SCF, San Jose’s 2021 1st becomes Ottawa property. (Becomes a 2020 2nd if he re-signs and they don’t.)

Would that be enough to make you guys change your minds on trading with SJ?

No lol We’ve been fleeced for our generational defenseman and captain, we got nothing for Hoffman... oh and you guys stole our ****ing all star years prior.

The Sharks leave a sour taste in my mouth..... but I still have a soft spot for you guys. Just don’t ever trade with us again.

Reactions: Beville

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
could really see boston pushing hard for stone or duchene. some of their fans have shown some interest in dzingel, but i think they have the right pieces to make a spash. if we take back backes they could keep one of the big boys long term. backes' salary dips to 4 mil for the two seasons after this one. with a cap hit of 6 mil, he'd be pretty handy for us. boston has some interesting pieces to go along with him. they have almost all their picks for the next few drafts, some good prospects like vaakanainen, bjork, studnicka, zboril, and some good young roster talent like heinen, debrusk, cehlarik, mcavoy, and carlo. not saying all those pieces are available for rentals, but they're a team that could look to make a splash and support that top line. what would you look for from them?

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016

Screw the garbage filler contracts. I'll take Voracek instead

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
could really see boston pushing hard for stone or duchene. some of their fans have shown some interest in dzingel, but i think they have the right pieces to make a spash. if we take back backes they could keep one of the big boys long term. backes' salary dips to 4 mil for the two seasons after this one. with a cap hit of 6 mil, he'd be pretty handy for us. boston has some interesting pieces to go along with him. they have almost all their picks for the next few drafts, some good prospects like vaakanainen, bjork, studnicka, zboril, and some good young roster talent like heinen, debrusk, cehlarik, mcavoy, and carlo. not saying all those pieces are available for rentals, but they're a team that could look to make a splash and support that top line. what would you look for from them?
I was thinking the same thing tonight watching Boston. They really need secondary scoring which Stone would bring.
I could see something around a 1st + Donato + prospect

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I think a Boston package would look like Backes, Zboril, Frederic, 2nd (conditional 1st if xxxxxxx re-signs or make ECF)

Personally, I think they’d look st Duchene over Stone. They’re pretty set on the wings and could really use more speed.

DeBrusk - Duchene - Krejci could make some noise.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
At least we're not the Knicks. Yeesh.

I am just stoked to see Nowitzki, Doncic and Porzingas on the floor on the same team. (Speedy recovery and health provided)

Luca and Kristaps could be lethal together.

I just want the suspense over with. While it makes good theatre I hate losing hair over stuff like this.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
It should be ****ing illegal what Melnyk is doing to this team.
He's operating within the rules set out by the CBA, so not illegal at all.

However, Eugene's actions are doing damage to the franchise and he needs to face the consequences of those actions.

The league will not step in as long as he adheres to the CBA, so it is up to this fanbase to punish this owner and attempt to force change.

Fans have a clear choice to make. Enable Melnyk by buying tickets/merchandise or TRY to force a change in Eugene's behaviour by withholding their money.

If the financially motivated firesale continues at the TDL, (as appears to be the most likely scenario) then I am hopeful that the remaining enablers will finally see the light.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's operating within the rules set out by the CBA, so not illegal at all.

However, Eugene's actions are doing damage to the franchise and he needs to face the consequences of those actions.

The league will not step in as long as he adheres to the CBA, so it is up to this fanbase to punish this owner and attempt to force change.

Fans have a clear choice to make. Enable Melnyk by buying tickets/merchandise or TRY to force a change in Eugene's behaviour by withholding their money.

If the financially motivated firesale continues at the TDL, (as appears to be the most likely scenario) then I am hopeful that the remaining enablers will finally see the light.

I mean, technically the league by-laws require that every member club "shall maintain and operate a team of the highest possible playing caliber". Not sure Melnyk is doing that... but it's tough to definitively prove he's not trying.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I mean, technically the league by-laws require that every member club "shall maintain and operate a team of the highest possible playing caliber". Not sure Melnyk is doing that... but it's tough to definitively prove he's not trying.
The league set the standard in how they operated the Coyotes. Don't think the case can be definitively made yet that Melnyk isn't operating a team at the highest playing calibre within a CBA approved budget.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad