Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
ryan-spooner-2018-32.jpg

Reactions: Deku

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
Maybe after the Arizona game we will make a trade with the Oilers... I really hope we are able to hit a homerun there.. heck even a double would be a win :)

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Is there any rumors between the Oilers and Sens? Or are people just speculating

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
no way anyone picks up spooner at that contract. needs to be a trade

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

Relating to what was discussed at the end of the previous thread.

So if they are actually preparing to activate Sekera off of LTIR, a trade must be coming. Nobody is claiming Spooner.

Even if we take back Spooner, I don't think we can send them Dzingel unless we retain salary to bring him down to 900k by retaining half (and they assign a forward to the minors whose place Dzingel takes) or we take back Talbot.

TRADE IDEAS THAT WORK CAP WISE FOR EDM
-Spooner+asset to OTT for Condon (LTIR)
(We hopefully get an asset with Spooner. We do it because it's salary in/out next year for us, and we'd rather have Spooner than Condon, and we get an asset like a pick)

-Spooner/(1st or Puljujarvi)/[email protected] for Dzingel/Condon (LTIR)
(They send us Talbot half retained. We either immediately flip Talbot to another team (possibly retaining some more salary) for a late pick, or we pull the trigger on an Anderson trade and keep Talbot as a backup. They shed 5.93 million in the deal and bring in 2.825M through adding Dzingel and recalling Montoya. A net savings of nearly 3 million, that allows them to activate Sekera. If Puljujarvi is coming our way instead of a 1st, we possibly send the Paajarvi as well to balance out their roster.)

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Don't forget about 3rd teams. All of these cap trades involve third teams now to make the money work. Ottawa could be a player on both sides of that fence (assuming Dorion is allowed to put money on the books).

Reactions: NB613

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Is there any rumors between the Oilers and Sens? Or are people just speculating

Speculation based on the following rumours...

-Edmonton wants to add a top 6 forward, and they are willing to deal their 1st round pick.
-Teams have called about Puljujarvi, but EDM aren't necessarily shopping him.
-Edmonton may be preparing to activate Sekera off of LTIR but need to clear 1.4M in cap space to do it (more if they plan on rolling with a full 23 player roster)
-Ottawa wants to trade Dzingel.

Add in Ryan Dzingel's uncharacteristically low cap hit compared to other top 6 forwards available. It creates a situation where it makes sense to speculate that Edmonton might be forced to settle for Dzingel in a trade. There's also the running joke about the Sens preferring to add local boys, Spooner is from Ottawa. Condon being on LTIR in a mysterious injury situation also creates a dynamic where if Condon is not expected to return this season, a Spooner/Condon swap could work cap/salary wise for Ottawa and Edmonton.

Reactions: derriko

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Maybe after the Arizona game we will make a trade with the Oilers... I really hope we are able to hit a homerun there.. heck even a double would be a win :)

To continue the baseball analogy, I'm hoping we make contact with the ball this time and don't strike out whilst throwing the bat into the crowd injuring a young child again, perhaps a squeeze bunt or hit by pitch?

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Let's make a trade with Philly already

Well.. unless Devcore is gonna buy the team then we can fire Dorion first

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Turris arguably took a discount to go to Nashville. 6 x 6 with no bonuses, no front loaded cash, and no trade protection. So long as he had a season in line with his previous levels of production, on the open market he likely could have gotten 7x7 with a full NTC and bonus money. A 32 year old Tyler Bozak got an AAV only 1M less than Turris.

A 1C in today's NHL is worth a floor of 8 million. Maybe more now that we know the cap is probably going up to 83 million pending the NHLPA's escalator.

Logan Couture was signed for 8 x 8, Tyler Seguin was signed for 8 x 9.85. That gives a nice range for Duchene right now. He's producing more than Couture (although some people might argue Couture is the better overall C, but production matters most), and he's historically not produced anywhere near as much or as consistently as Seguin.

Dreger and Mckenzie have both predicted that the ball park for Duchene is between 8-9 million. I think that is the right idea in terms of what he would sign for if the Senators retain him.

If he goes to July 1st as a UFA, you can throw that 8-9 million out the window. At that point, other than Tavares, he's the most valuable free agent we've seen in years. I could see Duchene getting 10 or 11 million from the right team, although similar to Tavares he might prioritize signing somewhere that is the right fit and taking less money from his chosen team. Tavares was offered something like 12 or 13 million from San Jose but chose 11 in Toronto.

Well, all you're saying is not strange to me as I have been looking closely at NHL salaries and contracts since the establishment of the cap. Before Cap Friendly there was Cap Geek, and before Cap Geek there was NHL Numbers and others.

It's true that "in theory", Turris contract is good (particularly no NMC or bonuses), however you have to take into account other factors like no state tax on income in Nashville. It's true that N.1 Centers are getting expensive but Turris is not one. It's not a guy that has the potential to go PPG or close it on a long stretch. His best season was 64 pts, which is good and acceptable for a N.1 but by watching him play, you know he misses the high end skill level that a true N.1 Center needs. Turris is like Plekanec, a N.1 C by default and Pleks had a 69 pts season and a 70 pts season.

Also, I don't see why the comparison with Bozak contract helps the argument that Turris is "underpaid", TB got 3 years at 5.0 per and had several seasons around 45-55 pts (close to Turris) and even 49 pts in 58 games in 2013-14

Duchene is a N.1 Center but is not an Elite one, he shouldn't be paid like the McDavids, Tavares, Malkins, etc. Couture is a good comparable but Logan is a much more complete player, above average defensively while Duchene is not that good in that regard. I know offensive stats are more visible but guys also get paid for other aspects of the game.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa could be in a good position to do Edm a favour IMO to reduce their cap & unload some players they don't want while at the same time acquiring some players they could use. Would love to be able to get Bouchard from them.

Reactions: Riceroni

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ottawa could be in a good position to do Edm a favour IMO to reduce their cap & unload some players they don't want while at the same time acquiring some players they could use.

To Edm: Dzingel LW, Ceci RD, Condon G & Balcers LW
To Ott: Lucic LW, Spooner LW & 2019 1st rd pick
Full NMC he aint waiving for here,and I would want a heck of alot more

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
ya, that would be a horrific trade for Ottawa... maybe if the threw in Bouchard and Spooner turned into Rattie... then I could stomach that
The only thing we get of value is the 1st rounder,for Dzingle,Balcers and yes even Ceci..To take those two bad contracts

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
edm isnt trading bouchard

puljujarvi /yamamoto should be the target in any deal

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I dunno but I feel like Stone can allow Pulji to ignite his potential again

Question, would you rather trade Dzingel for a 1st on a contender or trade him straight up for Pulji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad