Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Wonder if Florida would be interested in Duchene with Barkov having some hand issue haven't said what but was getting x-rays.

Ser Grogu

Dank farrik
Aug 6, 2009
I really do not think Dzingel wants to sign with Ottawa. I think he would prefer a US team if it comes down to it and is his choice.

What makes you think this? Did you run into him around town and ask him? (serious) I don't remember seeing anything from Garri-hack or anyone regarding this.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
What makes you think this? Did you run into him around town and ask him? (serious) I don't remember seeing anything from Garri-hack or anyone regarding this.
No just knowing he is from the states and trains there in the summertime just thinking he might prefer that but I could be incorrect.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
This Philly thing has had me wondering all day. We’d have to be taking back cap and it would have to be a big trade. Duchene feels like a candidate here.

I wonder if we could get Patrick and Couturier for him. I think Patrick would explode on a line with Stone and Tkachuk.

richmh77

Jan 13, 2019
This Philly thing has had me wondering all day. We’d have to be taking back cap and it would have to be a big trade. Duchene feels like a candidate here.

I wonder if we could get Patrick and Couturier for him. I think Patrick would explode on a line with Stone and Tkachuk.

We wouldn’t get both. If the flyers trade for Duchene it’s because they want the Duchene-Couturier 1-2 punch down the middle.

Patrick being the main piece in the deal would be awesome.

Patrick
Myers
2019 1st (top 3 protected)
Weise

For
Duchene (signed 9-9.5 x 8 years)
Ceci

Would be awesome.

richmh77

Jan 13, 2019
No just knowing he is from the states and trains there in the summertime just thinking he might prefer that but I could be incorrect.

Dzingel is from Ohio and a Columbus scout was in Carolina yesterday and again in STL tonight.

You have to think they’ve got their eye on Dzingel as a low cap hit rental acquisition with the hopes of being able to sign him to an extension.

Ser Grogu

Dank farrik
Aug 6, 2009
Dzingel is from Ohio and a Columbus scout was in Carolina yesterday and again in STL tonight.

You have to think they’ve got their eye on Dzingel as a low cap hit rental acquisition with the hopes of being able to sign him to an extension.

He's from Chicago. He played NCAA hockey for OSU so somewhat reasonable that he would be willing to play for the BJ's.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

This makes sense to me... he played college hockey in Ohio state and they will have 30-35mil in cap space next year. If they are not able to re-sign Panarin I think Dzingel would be basically guaranteed to re-sign with them and they'd have a ton of space for him... they could even fit both of them if they wanted but losing Panarin would seal it and this would give them good insurance in case it goes down that way

richmh77

Jan 13, 2019
This makes sense to me... he played college hockey in Ohio state and they will have 30-35mil in cap space next year. If they are not able to re-sign Panarin I think Dzingel would be basically guaranteed to re-sign with them and they'd have a ton of space for him... they could even fit both of them if they wanted but losing Panarin would seal it and this would give them good insurance in case it goes down that way

If we could get Columbus’ 1st it would be a great pick to target. If they end up playing vs. Caps or Pens I could see them being bounced in the 1st round. Which would result in a mid 1st.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
I really do not think Dzingel wants to sign with Ottawa. I think he would prefer a US team if it comes down to it and is his choice.

What a weird thing to assume. Maybe he hates Trump America. Maybe he has a hottie in Ottawa who won't leave. Maybe he likes the Kanata Centrum. Who friggin knows???

otown

Sep 4, 2009
8x8 is a good place to start

Not a great starting point at all if you are considering what his market value would be around the league. Offer fair value, quit the bull crap or move along so you can devote your time to getting a realistic return. No time for low ball offers. We all know he will get more than 8 mill per season!

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Not a great starting point at all if you are considering what his market value would be around the league. Offer fair value, quit the bull crap or move along so you can devote your time to getting a realistic return. No time for low ball offers. We all know he will get more than 8 mill per season!

I don't know if player negotiations have a different dynamic, but a basic rule of negotiating is that you never give your best offer first.

Unless this is a take it or leave it, we need to get work done on a trade otherwise type offer, I'd imagine they are prepared to pay Duchene somewhere between 8-9 million.

The fact that Duchene's numbers "leaked" and Stone's did not is interesting. I wonder if that is just a coincidence, or if there is any strategy to that in any way. I can't see Duchene willing to sign for less than Stone. Stone is the better more important player, but I doubt Duchene and his agent see it that way.

I think this might be leading to us using whatever limited resources we have to keep Stone, and then trying to get Duchene to agree to a trade with an extension somewhere else (which I can't imagine he will do, but we can hope).

The way I see it, there are really only two endings that will satisfy most of the fan base. Duchene re-signing in order to validate the huge amount of assets we've ended up investing in his acquisition, or Duchene signing with another team in a trade which would then allow us to recoup enough that the trade doesn't turn out to be a total nightmare if Colorado gets a high pick.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Bad take. And HNIC crew disagreed when they broke the news. Said it was a fair offer. Don't forget that Duchene got cold for significant stretches of the past few seasons.

richmh77

Jan 13, 2019
@darrendreger : Talks between Duchene camp and the Sens expected to continue this week. The range for Duchene on 8 yr term is believed to be between $65 and $75 mil. So, either in the 8’s or 9+ aav. Still ballpark discussions.

Hopefully they meet in the middle and then sign Stone. We then put all this behind us and concentrate on selling:
Ceci, Anderson and Dzingel at this trade deadline.

Smith, Boedker and Tierney next trade deadline or during the summer.

Ohhh and new ownership.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
@darrendreger : Talks between Duchene camp and the Sens expected to continue this week. The range for Duchene on 8 yr term is believed to be between $65 and $75 mil. So, either in the 8’s or 9+ aav. Still ballpark discussions.

Hopefully they meet in the middle and then sign Stone. We then put all this behind us and concentrate on selling:
Ceci, Anderson and Dzingel at this trade deadline.

Smith, Boedker and Tierney next trade deadline or during the summer.

Ohhh and new ownership.

The plan you mention right there makes a good case for Duchene not wanting to sign.

Except the new ownership part.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad