Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
I think Stone and Duchene can be resigned without lockout protection if they heavily weigh the backend of the contracts.

First year - 4 million
2nd year - 2 million
3rd year - 4 million
4th year - 8 million
5th - 8th year - 12 million

Caphit: 8.25 million

It lowers the cash out early on, and limits contract loss due to the lockout, but they still get their money later on. Melnyk also limits cash payments until he stabilizes or cashes out and the back end is somebody else's problem. They may have to up the total caphit to have so much money deferred....but I have a tough time seeing how else it would work. And of course the players will have to want to stay.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
We still have 3 spectacular young core assets in Tkachuk, White and Chabot, who all could be established top 10 players in their positions at that time (white as a 2 way C). That's gotta be enticing for Stone to be around.
There’s no way that White and Tkachuk will be top 10 players in their position in two years time.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I dunno about you guys but we completely outplayed Minnie. Officiating was bad and we let in terrible goals.

Pageau, Chabot, and Anderson back will be enormous. I think we finish bottom 5 and can see us playing spoiler and climb the ranks like we did in 2011.

I think Stone for sure re-signs. Worst case, worst case, we finish last the following year and we draft an absolute stud in Laferniere or Lundell. We still have 3 spectacular young core assets in Tkachuk, White and Chabot, who all could be established top 10 players in their positions at that time (white as a 2 way C). That's gotta be enticing for Stone to be around.

Nah. Worst case will be finishing dead last for a few years, and drafting a stud that gives the Senators the Lindros treatment. Especially if relations between the NHL and NHLPA (and agents) are worse down the road than what they are right now.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I think Stone and Duchene can be resigned without lockout protection if they heavily weigh the backend of the contracts.

First year - 4 million
2nd year - 2 million
3rd year - 4 million
4th year - 8 million

It lowers the cash out early on, and limits contract loss due to the lockout, but they still get their money later on. Melnyk also limits cash payments until he stabilizes or cashes out and the back end is somebody else's problem. They may have to up the total caphit to have so much money deferred....but I have a tough time seeing how else it would work. And of course the players will have to want to stay.

Or they get 30-40 million in the first 2-3 years from another club on a long term deal with bonus money for the lockout... and are able to invest that money right away

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I dunno about you guys but we completely outplayed Minnie. Officiating was bad and we let in terrible goals.

Pageau, Chabot, and Anderson back will be enormous. I think we finish bottom 5 and can see us playing spoiler and climb the ranks like we did in 2011.

I think Stone for sure re-signs. Worst case, worst case, we finish last the following year and we draft an absolute stud in Laferniere or Lundell. We still have 3 spectacular young core assets in Tkachuk, White and Chabot, who all could be established top 10 players in their positions at that time (white as a 2 way C). That's gotta be enticing for Stone to be around.

Stones not re-signing... Dorion is still a few weeks away from beginning negotiations according to Stone

Roster is going to be bad for a long time still

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Nah. Worst case will be finishing dead last for a few years, and drafting a stud that gives the Senators the Lindros treatment. Especially if relations between the NHL and NHLPA (and agents) are worse down the road than what they are right now.

Oh - we could be in for a whole lot worse than that. We could be in for a decade of mediocrity. The draft isnt a science, hit duds in the first round and your prolonging the rebuild a year. And there's a 50% chance it happens every year. Factor in El Cheapo and the general desire to win and you're left with star players leaving and year after year if adversity.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

First year - 4 million
2nd year - 2 million
3rd year - 4 million
4th year - 8 million

I dont think you can even do that anymore.

There is a maximum year to year increase/decrease.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Oh - we could be in for a whole lot worse than that. We could be in for a decade of mediocrity. The draft isnt a science, hit duds in the first round and your prolonging the rebuild a year. And there's a 50% chance it happens every year. Factor in El Cheapo and the general desire to win and you're left with star players leaving and year after year if adversity.

Very true. Even drafting first overall isn't a slam dunk. The 1996 draft was a great example of that.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep drafting a crop of excellent young players ,mean nothing if you arent interested in actually spending some money to surround them with quality veterans,good coaches etc...And letting them take a run a or two

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

First year - 4 million
2nd year - 2 million
3rd year - 4 million
4th year - 8 million

You can't have the highest year be more than double the lowest year, so if years 5-8 are 12 mil, 1-4 can only be 6 mil or more.

Reactions: Skid

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

First year - 4 million
2nd year - 2 million
3rd year - 4 million
4th year - 8 million

Agents and players prefer front loaded since they realistically make more money on the front years as the later years are less valuable due to interest.

Early earnings are also in their bank account and can’t be bought out and 1/3 lost.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
“he’s a UFA he’s not gonna get a lot what did you expect from dorion!?”

The people that still defend him or his directions from ownership baffles me at this point.

Even if we are rebuilding, this is really the group youngave faith in to do a proper rebuild? Really? Really? :laugh:

This team is run by a bunch of clowns and my dead grandmother could do a better job.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
The people that still defend him or his directions from ownership baffles me at this point.

Even if we are rebuilding, this is really the group youngave faith in to do a proper rebuild? Really? Really? :laugh:

This team is run by a bunch of clowns and my dead grandmother could do a better job.

The crazy thing is, this is actually true. If your deceased grandmother was the GM, Turris would have just walked, but we'd still have our first this year leaving us in a better position.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The crazy thing is, this is actually true. If your deceased grandmother was the GM, Turris would have just walked, but we'd still have our first this year leaving us in a better position.

She would have traded Turris at the TDL and we'd likely have 2 1sts this year..:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Jim Clark
Chief professional scout
Michael Abbamont
Professional scout
Steve Stirling
NCAA Recruiting Coordinator/Pro Scout
Dan Boeser
Amateur scout
Don Boyd
Amateur scout
George Fargher
Amateur Scout
Bob Janecyk
Amateuar Scout
Anders Ostberg
European Scout
Bob Strumm Jr
Amateur scout
Trent Mann
Chief amateur scout
Todd Stirling
Amateur scout
John Perpich
Professional scout
Mikko Ruutu
Chief European scout

3 scouts?

You left out: Pierre Dorion, General Manager

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

I don't think people defend PD or think he's very good at his job. I just believe that his job is a lot harder because of Euge. Any GM with his scouting background wouldn't want to be giving away the studs he's drafted, especially because of monetary issues; nor would they be tossing in draft picks so others can retain dollars, particularly on a team that isn't anywhere close to the cap.

I'd be curious to see how he would perform without the restrictions he has, but I also wouldn't care it he was let go. I just don't believe any GM is going to be successful when we can't offer market value to our own star players.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
J. Schmaltz is on waivers

He is 25, former 1st rounder, done well in the AHL and an RD

Cant remember seeing him play but maybe worth claiming. He is on 1-way contract next year

Reactions: NB613

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I don't think people defend PD or think he's very good at his job. I just believe that his job is a lot harder because of Euge. Any GM with his scouting background wouldn't want to be giving away the studs he's drafted, especially because of monetary issues; nor would they be tossing in draft picks so others can retain dollars, particularly on a team that isn't anywhere close to the cap.

I'd be curious to see how he would perform without the restrictions he has, but I also wouldn't care it he was let go. I just don't believe any GM is going to be successful when we can't offer market value to our own star players.

His job is definitely harder due to the clown owner, it just means you need someone who’s really damn good at their job. David Poile was stuck with crap ownership for a long time and made it work.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Not to mention complementing players/prospects in Formenton, Batherson, Brown, Norris, Balcers, Chlapik, Bernard-Docker etc and we can have a very competitive team in 2-3 years.

Yea and I truly believe Batherson has great top 6 upside with 1st line upside while Formenton, Norris, and Chlapik will be very good top 9 players.

The only problem is ownership though, as others have mentioned. If Stone truly holds it in his heart that Melnyk won't be gone in 2-3 years then he's gone. And I don't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad