Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
from the previous thread

Agree that we shouldn’t necessarily trade forwards at this point. This offseason, sure. Chaplik, Norris, Balcers, Brown and Formenton are likely only 1-2 years away. We need to resign Stone and Duchene at all costs, then we can ship a centre for a winger or D.

Roster Depth going into next season assuming we can resign Duchene and Stone:

LW C RW
Tkatchuk Duchene Stone
Boedker White Batherson
Formenton Tierney Ryan
Chlapik Pageau
Balcers Brown
Norris

I’m basing this off Dzingel being shipped at the deadline.

I think at least 2 of Brown, Chaplik or Formenton make the jump next year. Norris probably 2 years away and not sure on Balcers, can someone whose been watching Belleville tell which is closer to NHL quality between Balcers and Chaplik?

I cringe at the idea of that line and its skating. Ryan and Coyle are slow to begin with then you put them with Pageau coming off Achilles surgery. That'd be a really bad line in its own zone and in transition. Then you have Ryan playing LW when he's no longer any kind of threat to shoot the puck, I hate Boucher using him on that side of the ice on the PP. He's so useless there.

temper dreams.
cheap owner.
rebuilding.
Expect the team to move down before going up.

Apparently Chad Johnson is going on waivers...

Get him PD, we need some goaltending.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Darcy Kuemper could be a good addition in net. Adin Hill is 4-2 since Kuemper and Raanta went down, 1.62GAA and .939 SVP. They could send him down but they also have Pickard (good chance he gets waived, though) and two decent AHL tenders.

Ceci for Kuemper, Demers, pick or something like that could possibly work...

Demers is out for the year and is owed 6.2mil over the next two seasons. We could probably flip him for a 2nd or 3rd + at the deadline of 2021. Kuemper is owed about 3.1mil for the remainder of the season + all of next season.

EDIT: Turns out Raanta could be out for the season so this idea kinda falls on its face.

Last edited:

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Priority List:
1. #1 goalie
2. top pairing right shot D
3. top line LW
4. New owner
5. New GM & coaching staff

Number 3 should be #1. Nothing else matters right now. I'd trade every player on our team and every one of our prospects for a new owner.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Priority List:
1. #1 goalie
3. top line LW
4. New owner

Tarasenko Parayko Petro

St.Louis wants to shake things up and have exactly what we need.

Not sure about a number 1 goalie - that will be tough to get.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Priority List:
1. #1 goalie
3. top line LW
4. New owner

1. New Owner
2. New coaching staff
3. Re-sign Stone
4. Re-sign Duchene
5. Trade Dzingle and Ceci for a young RD prospect.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
1. New owner
2. New management
3. New coaching staff
4. Everything else falls into place

Realistically...

1. Backup goalie who is better than Condon/McKenna
2. Solid yet unspectacular RHD (similar to Demelo)
3. Nothing, y'all have set the bar this low.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tarasenko Parayko Petro

St.Louis wants to shake things up and have exactly what we need.

Not sure about a number 1 goalie - that will be tough to get.
What will that cost to get those three out of St Louis & I doubt St Louis would move all three of those guys?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What will that cost to get those three out of St Louis & I doubt St Louis would move all three of those guys?

Our entire roster.

I'm half kidding of course, but outside of Chabot/Tkachuk I'm not sure what would entice the Blues to move on from their 3 best players.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016

Well not all three - but I look at a package of

Picks/Prospects: Chlapik Brown Norris Balcers Hogberg JBD SJS 1st 2019/2020 2nd

Roster Players: Ceci Dzingel Tierney Boedker Smith Harpur Anderson

As we have seen most players are traded of a lot less value than we think. Tarasenko and Parayko are 26 and 25, trading prospects and/or picks for them is not an issue to me.

I think you can create a package with 3 of the above assets from Ottawa's POV. Decent mix of middle ages NHL players and soon to be ready prospects

I've just read they wanna shake things up and potentially trade a core piece. Not sure if we can get a deal done but those names for sure fit our needs. Hell maybe even take a flyer on Allen - I dont know lol

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
A lot is said on here about how bad a team Ottawa is by some & yet they have a better record at this point than five Western teams (Chi, LA, STL, Arz, Van) & three Eastern teams (Florida, Philly, NJ) while not playing all that great especially on the road. I also think they are better or about the same as Minn, Edm, LV, Car, NYR, Det. That's a lot of crappy teams this yr which should at least assure they should not be the worse team by season's end, at least I hope not. And Ottawa also have a lot of assets they could move to acquire more good young talent to improve the team for next season.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
A lot is said on here about how bad a team Ottawa is by some & yet they have a better record at this point than five Western teams (Chi, LA, STL, Arz, Van) & three Eastern teams (Florida, Philly, NJ) while not playing all that great especially on the road. I also think they are better or about the same as Minn, Edm, LV, Car, NYR, Det. That's a lot of crappy teams this yr which should at least assure they should not be the worse team by season's end, at least I hope not. And Ottawa also have a lot of assets they could move to acquire more good young talent to improve the team for next season.

Eh, we are ahead of Arizona and Florida in terms of raw point totals but they both have a better pt. % than us - they are both 2pts behind with 3 games in hand and have as many points as they have games played (we have 30pts in 31 games).

I don't think we will finish outside of the bottom 10 but there's certainly a reasonable chance that we finish outside of the bottom 5 (i.e exactly where most of us, save for the catastrophists, expected). I actually think we will be worse next year, though, and I hope we don't focus too much on short-term improvements.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Eh, we are ahead of Arizona and Florida in terms of raw point totals but they both have a better pt. % than us - they are both 2pts behind with 3 games in hand and have as many points as they have games played (we have 30pts in 31 games).

I don't think we will finish outside of the bottom 10 but there's certainly a reasonable chance that we finish outside of the bottom 5 (i.e exactly where most of us, save for the catastrophists, expected). I actually think we will be worse next year, though, and I hope we don't focus too much on short-term improvements.
If they continue with this rebuild I assume that Paul, Formenton, Chlapik, Wolanin & maybe Brown should be pushing for spots next season. They will still be young which could go either way but the young guys on the team this yr will be more experienced & we should expect more from them next season. I expect a few guys to be moved leading up to the deadline this yr to make some roster room but I expect those returns at the trade deadline to be mostly picks & hopefully a prospect or two.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
1. New Owner
2. New coaching staff
3. Re-sign Stone
4. Re-sign Duchene
5. Trade Dzingle and Ceci for a young RD prospect.

You had me up to point 4 and then fupped up. We also need a new GM. I like Dzingle Bells. Ceci for a solid young puck-moving RD prospect would be great.

The team also needs a second line center. Brown might become one but there are reasons to doubt that being a certainty.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
#1: New owner.

#2: Mike Futa as GM

#3: Bridge goalie between Andy & Gus.

#4: Ceci upgrade of a RHD in the top 4.

#5: LW upgrade if/when Dzingel moves on.

#6: A Boro trade.

#7: A Wolanin promotion.

#8: Tom Pyatt & Magnus Pajaarvi thanked for their services.

#9: Stone & Duchene extensions.

#10: The C for Stone.

Reactions: ThreePosts

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You had me up to point 4 and then fupped up. We also need a new GM. I like Dzingle Bells. Ceci for a solid young puck-moving RD prospect would be great.

The team also needs a second line center. Brown might become one but there are reasons to doubt that being a certainty.
I don’t think Dorion is a problem. I blame Eugene 100%.

White is our 2nd line centre.

I don’t see how Ceci gets you an upgrade on Ceci if we don’t add.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

Veteran dman = Ceci
Top 9 forward = Take Boedker, if not then Dzingel is also available for one of your sweet young dmen.
While we are at it we also are offering early boxing day special on fringe NHLers, Buy1Get1Free on Pyatt, Paarvji, and Mcormick. Pick and choose your bundle, act now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad