Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So Dorion gets no share of any blame?
Yes on Burrows extension and NMC.
Yes on Anderson and Condon contract renewal way too early.
Rookie GM moves.
Everything else that hasn't worked out I either blame our low budget, Melnyk direct orders or a good idea that didn't work out.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Boedker is a 3rd liner and should be kept there.
Formenton - Duchene - Batherson
Tkachuk - White - Stone
Boedker - Tierney/Pageau - Ryan
Chlapik/Tierney/Pageau/Smith - Paajarvi

No room for both Dzingel and Boedker. Same for Tierney, Pageau and Smith, 1 has to go.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yes on Burrows extension and NMC.
Yes on Anderson and Condon contract renewal way too early.
Rookie GM moves.
Everything else that hasn't worked out I either blame our low budget, Melnyk direct orders or a good idea that didn't work out.

This is where I stand as well. Some really bad mistakes but it is hard for me to blame the guy who has to work for Eugene Melnyk.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is where I stand as well. Some really bad mistakes but it is hard for me to blame the guy who has to work for Eugene Melnyk.
Chose to work for him...

Seriously though, it's always hard to judge moves when you don't know the restraints put on him, but you know full well that Melnyk had nothing to do with the Anderson/Condon signings. I could see Melnyk insisting we sign Anderson, but Condon was all Dorion imo.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Formenton - Duchene - Batherson
Tkachuk - White - Stone
Boedker - Tierney/Pageau - Ryan
Chlapik/Tierney/Pageau/Smith - Paajarvi

No room for both Dzingel and Boedker. Same for Tierney, Pageau and Smith, 1 has to go.

So we're getting rid of Dzingel so that we can keep Paajarvi on his off wing?

Seriously though, Formenton-Tierney-Boedker was a fantastic line early this year, run that as your 3b line, and you get something like this:

1A: Dzingel-Duchene-Batherson (15-17 mins)
1B: Tkachuk-White-Stone (15-17 mins)
3A: Smith/Chlapik-Pageau-Ryan (14 mins)
3B: Formenton-Tierney-Boedker (14 mins)

Play whichever line is clicking more, otherwise roll the lines and give the opposition fits.

Reactions: Clayonator

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So we're getting rid of Dzingel so that we can keep Paajarvi on his off wing?

Seriously though, Formenton-Tierney-Boedker was a fantastic line early this year, run that as your 3b line, and you get something like this:

1A: Dzingel-Duchene-Batherson (15-17 mins)
1B: Tkachuk-White-Stone (15-17 mins)
3A: Smith/Chlapik-Pageau-Ryan (14 mins)
3B: Formenton-Tierney-Boedker (14 mins)

Play whichever line is clicking more, otherwise roll the lines and give the opposition fits.
Pretty sure the org sees Formenton as a top 6 winger. This is a budget team

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Dion Phaneuf injures. Stats line this year:

37GP / 1 Point / -17 / TOI 15:05

Brutal. He’s done

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty sure the org sees Formenton as a top 6 winger. This is a budget team

Have we ever played him in that role to date? I think giving him Tierney and Boedker as linemates in his rookie year and 14 mins a night is a great way to start. If he proves he has more than just speed, he can move up the lineup, but until he proves he deserves to be in the top 6, a scoring bottom 6 line is fine.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Dion Phaneuf injures. Stats line this year:

37GP / 1 Point / -17 / TOI 15:05

Brutal. He’s done

Dorion's best deal bar none. It was a little confusing for the casual fan at the time as Gabby came in and played and Dion looked like he still had something left in the tank. With Gaborik on IR and Dion slowing down it's suddenly looking like a huge win.

Reactions: Tuna99

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Just spitballing some ideas...

Duchene + Anderson for Schenn + Allen + 2nd Rd Pick if Duchene Re-Signs

Dzingle (w/extension) for Liam Foudy (or 1st rd Pick)

Tierney (once JGP is back) for Coyle

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t think Dorion is a problem. I blame Eugene 100%.

White is our 2nd line centre.

I don’t see how Ceci gets you an upgrade on Ceci if we don’t add.
Well you see. There was a time where you could trade ceci for something really nice.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Dorion's best deal bar none. It was a little confusing for the casual fan at the time as Gabby came in and played and Dion looked like he still had something left in the tank. With Gaborik on IR and Dion slowing down it's suddenly looking like a huge win.

Also, this is no longer a real factor, but at the time of the trade there was a very real risk of expansion coming at the end of next season. Had that been the case, Dion would have taken up a protection slot assuming he was unwilling to waive like last time.

Sidenote: if Dion had waived his NTC, we would have kept Methot and probably lost Wideman or Borowiecki. Unless we were going to turn around and trade Methot anyways, though, it was probably for the best that we let him go. He has played 45 games for Dallas since he landed there. It seems like he may not play again this year and he would has cost $9.8mil.

Just spitballing some ideas...

Duchene + Anderson for Schenn + Allen + 2nd Rd Pick if Duchene Re-Signs

Dzingle (w/extension) for Liam Foudy (or 1st rd Pick)

Tierney (once JGP is back) for Coyle

Trade 1: Awful for us

Trade 2: Awful for CLB

Trade 3: Works for me!

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Also, this is no longer a real factor, but at the time of the trade there was a very real risk of expansion coming at the end of next season. Had that been the case, Dion would have taken up a protection slot assuming he was unwilling to waive like last time.

Sidenote: if Dion had waived his NTC, we would have kept Methot and probably lost Wideman or Borowiecki. Unless we were going to turn around and trade Methot anyways, though, it was probably for the best that we let him go. He has played 45 games for Dallas since he landed there. It seems like he may not play again this year and he would has cost $9.8mil.

Trade 1: Awful for us

Trade 2: Awful for CLB

Trade 3: Works for me!

Yeah that first one is awful for us. Allen is also complete garbage.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
why are people so quick to trade Tierney? he is pretty young and seems like a useful guy who can play in different parts of your lineup

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
well we still have a garbage coach

we still have yet to sign any of our UFA's

It's December and Dorion has not done the things he needs to

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
well we still have a garbage coach

we still have yet to sign any of our UFA's

It's December and Dorion has not done the things he needs to
at this point you might as well keep Boucher till the end of the season. Every rebuild needs that coach that does the dirty work and takes the losses. This lineup isn't making the playoffs even with the best coach in the world coaching them

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
at this point you might as well keep Boucher till the end of the season. Every rebuild needs that coach that does the dirty work and takes the losses. This lineup isn't making the playoffs even with the best coach in the world coaching them

No in my opinion, im firing the coach asap and getting someone who can get this team to play with an ounce of structure. Than tell Stone and Duchene were gonna get them an actual NHL caliber coach in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad